Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBC: Jury has reached a verdict in Casey Anthony trial [NOT GUILTY]

Toe Jam

From Mike Healy: "The blizzard defense... Throw wild accusations all over the place. It worked. Jurors were probably more confused than ever. Maybe they can charge the imaginary babysitter, the grandpa, and the meter reader now."

EXACTLY. Defense stirring up confusion is what created the imaginary reasonable doubt. From the interviews I heard from the jurors, there was some REALLY dumb jurors so the outcome does not surprise me.

EXACTLY. Defense stirring up confusion is what created the imaginary reasonable doubt. From the interviews I heard from the jurors, there was some REALLY dumb jurors so the outcome does not surprise me.

when you have a system that gets rid of any juror who shows any intelligence, that's what you're left with.

And what more could the prosecution have done ?

Presented some evidence or testimony to make their case. If the death penalty hadn't been the goal, would the parents have offered up any information? Would Casey have plead to a lesser charge?

The prosecution gambled and lost.

Why is it that the defense lawyers ALWAYS get this rap? Why not turn it around? Have you seen all the people that have been found innocent of the crime that they were convicted of and get let out of jail after 10 or 20 years with a "sorry"? How can a prosecutor possibly look themselves in the mirror and go after an innocent person?

See it works both ways.

As for this case, didn't follow it so I have no opinion on the verdict.

You mean like Cynthia Sommer? She partied and slept with dudes after her husband was poisoned! OMG GUILTY.

2 years later...

Never mind he was never poisoned. Sorry for convicting you for a murder that didn't happen essentially by calling you a whore.

Presented some evidence or testimony to make their case..

:obvious:

If the death penalty hadn't been the goal, would the parents have offered up any information? Would Casey have plead to a lesser charge?

The prosecution gambled and lost.

That's what I've been saying in 2 different threads - the prosecution should not have pursued the death penalty for multiple reasons that hurt them.

But that's the only major mistake the made in my opinion. On the other hand, I was expecting you to respond with something a little more specific about their presentation that failed, which you fell short of doing.

Does anyone know how many children are murdered each year? The only number I could find was one on Wiki that said there were almost 1500 child homicides in 2008.

Just wondering where all the outrage is for the rest of them...that being said, Casey wasn't convicted of murder, but I'm sure she'll rot in hell.

On the other hand, I was expecting you to respond with something a little more specific about their presentation that failed, which you fell short of doing.

The folks who are looking for a conviction are the ones who need to make their case. :silly:

---------- Post added July-5th-2011 at 03:20 PM ----------

This is why I don't plan to go into Law School. I'd have to live with helping a murderer get off.

Or you could convict innocent people and ruin their lives. :evilg:

Why is it that the defense lawyers ALWAYS get this rap? Why not turn it around? Have you seen all the people that have been found innocent of the crime that they were convicted of and get let out of jail after 10 or 20 years with a "sorry"? How can a prosecutor possibly look themselves in the mirror and go after an innocent person?

See it works both ways.

As for this case, didn't follow it so I have no opinion on the verdict.

If a prosecutor does it (tries to prosecute someone who they willingly know is innocent) I would imagine they would be punished. Defense lawyers are rewarded with receiving more business. And, I didn't say they're all scumbags, just that I don't know how they do it, because I would believe they have to know whether or not their client is guilty before the trial starts. I couldn't do it, but that's just me.

And, my verdict means crap anyway. But, I think the prosecution tried to get the death penalty with a 2nd degree manslaughter amount of evidence as others here have suggested.

None of the jurors will be talking.

My guess is they're waiting on one of the networks to give them a fat payday for an exclusive.

Its pretty rare that a jury wants to talk to anyone after deliberations. Generally, they all feel that deliberations are "private and confidential." So, while your comment is not necessarily wrong, there is nothing within this fact itself that leads me to believe this. Frankly, they probably don't want to become targets of crazy people.

Does anyone know how many children are murdered each year? The only number I could find was one on Wiki that said there were almost 1500 child homicides in 2008.

Just wondering where all the outrage is for the rest of them...that being said, Casey wasn't convicted of murder, but I'm sure she'll rot in hell.

The accused murder, cover-up and partying days after the event goes beyond most other murders of children (not that they are any less horrible or sad), IMO.

The Duke rape case prosecutor received jail time and was disbarred. I'm sure those students are going to sue his butt for every dime he has too.

What was he charged with? I don't think it was "believing that they were innocent".

Archived