Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBC: Jury has reached a verdict in Casey Anthony trial [NOT GUILTY]

Toe Jam

They got this wrong. Agree or don't but they did get this wrong IMO.

They probably did. But whenever I see someone (who I perceive to be) guilty, go free, I take solace in the fact that its an example of the system working. We make it really hard on the prosecution, and I think its good that we do. The alternative is far worse.

They probably did. But whenever I see someone (who I perceive to be) guilty, go free, I take solace in the fact that its an example of the system working. We make it really hard on the prosecution, and I think its good that we do. The alternative is far worse.

In your opinion. In my opinion, this should be about Justice and not legal premise. The only one who really got screwed today was that little girl.

In your opinion. In my opinion, this should be about Justice and not legal premise. The only one who really got screwed today was that little girl.

With all due respect, I don't think you've thought it through all the way. Of course everyone wants justice - which to me means that the guilty are punished and the innocent go free. But how do we get there in a way that protects persons from the state? This, what you saw in that court room today, is the best we've come up with so far. If you can think of something better, I'd love to hear it.

---------- Post added July-5th-2011 at 05:55 PM ----------

A murderer walked free.

This is (more) proof that our legal system, while good, is not perfect. Bonis nocet quisqus malis perpercit.

Of course, but the trick is separating the bad from the good, and the tactics of doing so is where we seem to struggle. In all though, the system is based on the correct principles. Until we're able to read minds, this is what we're left with.

Juries in the past have imprisoned innocent suspects.

Likewise at times they let clearly guilty people go.

Its not always a perfect system.

Human error and emotions plays a role.

I Feel for the parents.

They must be baffled

No, in your opinion it should be about revenge and mob rule. So you're saying that despite a reasonable doubt, a ****ty case made by the prosecution, we should just "go with our gut" and lynch this person?

And what of John Adams who defended the British soldiers responsible for the Boston Massacre in court? Those soldiers got off. I suppose you would have been one of the uneducated slobs in the mob ready to kill our future president and the innocent.

before you say, "but she was guilty" I say PROVE IT.

Also, I think she did it. I also can say I don't know either way, and fortunately we are not subject to the King's whims, but to evidence.

No, in your opinion it should be about revenge and mob rule. So you're saying that despite a reasonable doubt, a ****ty case made by the prosecution, we should just "go with our gut" and lynch this person?

And what of John Adams who defended the British soldiers responsible for the Boston Massacre in court? Those soldiers got off. I suppose you would have been one of the uneducated slobs in the mob ready to kill our future president and the innocent.

before you say, "but she was guilty" I say PROVE IT.

Also, I think she did it. I also can say I don't know either way, and fortunately we are not subject to the King's whims, but to evidence.

Well said. Again, I thought she was guilty, but apparently the jury didn't see enough evidence to convict her. C'est la vie. move on

It's one baby. Do people realize how many babies get killed every single day? Save the fake outrage.

that's the dumbest thing i've read all day. if one baby is not significant, then how would 1,000 be? your statement is not only devoid of logic, but it's just stupid to say, especially if you are a parent yourself. your child would be just one baby also.

I agree that the prosecution did a crap job, but the defense is what's wrong with lawyers. Creating red herrings and making crap up out of nowhere to muddle the case should end with the defense being tried for perjury.

Also, I'm not sure if many folks have any idea how many murder trials are tried and convicted on completely circumstantial cases. Circumstantial evidence, when there's a mountain of it (and there is, here), is more than enough for a murder 1. With a proper prosecution and defense, this doesn't happen. The people who are outraged and saying the system failed are only wrong insofar as saying the system failed -- the flawed machine produced a flawed result. It worked exactly as designed, not exactly as envisioned.

Casey won't be going anywhere for a while. The judge will sentence her to serve for what she did get convicted for for a little while anyway. Whenever she gets out, someone will probably kill her and then we can have a new trial: The Killer of Casey Anothony- Justice or Murder.

She did it and her parents help covered it up.

that's the dumbest thing i've read all day. if one baby is not significant, then how would 1,000 be? your statement is not only devoid of logic, but it's just stupid to say, especially if you are a parent yourself. your child would be just one baby also.

How many babies die because of our drone attacks? where's your outrage? How many babies die because they don't have clean water because third world countries sold the rights to it, so we could have bottled water? How many people are feigning outrage over this while drinking a bottle of water? A Million?

It's sad, yes, but where was your outrage for the children living in animal crates, to be sold into the sex slave industry? Oh, nothing? Surprise.

So we allowed our media to make a celebrity out of this one case and we can forget about every other baby who died every day since this happened. You're mad, this was sad, everybody should feel that way, but in the end, babies die awful deaths every single way, every single day and not you or any other person, with their self righteous bull**** feigned anger is going to do a single thing different. Now that is ****ing stupid.

---------- Post added July-5th-2011 at 06:27 PM ----------

Casey won't be going anywhere for a while. The judge will sentence her to serve for what she did get convicted for for a little while anyway. Whenever she gets out, someone will probably kill her and then we can have a new trial: The Killer of Casey Anothony- Justice or Murder.

She did it and her parents help covered it up.

Yeah right. She'll have her own reality show if she wants it.

She's already served 3 years. With time served, I doubt she does anything more for a couple misdemeanors. She'll be free on Thursday.

It will not shock me if the moment she walks out, she is terminated. You know there will be plenty of people who will take justice into their own hands.

It will not shock me if the moment she walks out, she is terminated. You know there will be plenty of people who will take justice into their own hands.

She won't be seen in public for years, if i were her, I would dye my hair blonde and move to europe.

I don't know that.

Out of curiosity, who is sitting at home so pissed off at this that they are going to risk getting the death penalty themselves to avenge the death of a child they only know because of Nancy Grace?

You always hear stuff like this on the Internet, but it's extremely rare.

Seriously, can someone give me five examples of vigilante justice in the US over the last ten years?

From what I can tell, people like their freedom. They like having the ability to sit at home, order pizza, and scream at the tv at stuff Nancy Grace does not like. It would take a remarkable psychotic break to be upset by this trial that you would look at your kids and say, "Well....they don't need a father. And justice must be done."

How many babies die because of our drone attacks? where's your outrage? How many babies die because they don't have clean water because third world countries sold the rights to it, so we could have bottled water? How many people are feigning outrage over this while drinking a bottle of water? A Million?

It's sad, yes, but where was your outrage for the children living in animal crates, to be sold into the sex slave industry? Oh, nothing? Surprise.

So we allowed our media to make a celebrity out of this one case and we can forget about every other baby who died every day since this happened. You're mad, this was sad, everybody should feel that way, but in the end, babies die awful deaths every single way, every single day and not you or any other person, with their self righteous bull**** feigned anger is going to do a single thing different. Now that is ****ing stupid.

nothing warranted a guilty verdict. the only thing they proved was she is a crappy mother. i'm not angry at all, but you wouldn't know that b/c you ignorantly group everyone who doesn't agree with you into one category. also, you ignorantly assume no one is outraged at the other situations you describe just b/c you don't read it on ES.

even if we can't fix all of those situations, if we could only help one child it's better than none. oh wait nevermind, to you it's "just one baby".

i'd much rather people feign anger ignorantly if the alternative is to not care at all just b/c we can't stop all death and poverty of every child.

What's the flip side? She didn't do it? Does anyone arguing "Well, the law did it's job because reasonable doubt..." really think that she didn't do it?

I think it's equally likely that 1) Caleey died in an accident because the mom was careless 2) is that she was killed by her mom accidentally 3) Casey murdered her

Archived