Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBC: Jury has reached a verdict in Casey Anthony trial [NOT GUILTY]

Toe Jam

I didn't watch any of the trial, but from reading stuff on here, it sounds like she probably did it, but the prosecution didn't make a very compelling case. It seems that the evidence they had could point to her as the murderer, but that there were just enough holes in it to cast some doubt. In the case, I blame the police. They should've collected more evidence and not leave any doubt.

I think NG is smart and has good intentions, but she is so over the top that I find myself hating her after she's been on for 18 seconds.

Well, if you are ok with her exaggerating the story of her fiance's murder to further her profitable media career, sure, you can justify she has good intentions.

Also, she drove a woman to suicide, and was one of the leaders of the lynch the Duke Lax team bandwagon.

Again, I didn't watch much, but here's a trial attorney on my listserve who followed it:

"Being a former ASA, you still have to prove your case. All the state really proved was that a little girl was found dead. No evidence of how she died, i.e. accident or homicide, or who was the person(s) with her that caused the accident or commited the homicide. A very sad case."

i heard that since she has already served 3 years in jail that might be considered 3 out of the possible 5 years jail time.

And this is why I said earlier she will get time served and go home, because no one ever serves the full sentence.

Watching these defense lawyers, it's no wonder why just about EVERYONE despises lawyers.

I agree. As much as I think the prosecutors didn't do a good enough job, I give them credit for being on the right side. I know everyone deserves a defense, I just don't know how people can do it, especially when they know whether their client is innocent/guilty. Obviously fighting for an innocent client is easy, but how do you work so hard and fight so passionately for someone, who at best, was a pathological liar and partied days after her daughter "drowned"?

No one is commenting on how Mom and Dad walked out while the jury said she was not guilty instead of being happy that their daughter is innocent??

---------- Post added July-5th-2011 at 01:56 PM ----------

And I'll keep it until the Skins win those 10+ Super Bowls :)

We'll have Solar powered or Salt Water powered Cars by then.

No one is commenting on how Mom and Dad walked out while the jury said she was not guilty instead of being happy that their daughter is innocent??

Her mom gets to live the rest of her miserable existance knowing she helped her daughter get away with killing her granddaughter.

Sleep tight Cindy.

I can understand being not guilty of murder, but how in the hell can you find her not guilty of child abuse, for not knowing where the hell your own daughter is, for over a month, and not even caring ???

The prosecution didn't do its job. It's not the role of the jury to make up for what the police and prosecution should have done.

Her mom gets to live the rest of her miserable existance knowing she helped her daughter get away with killing her granddaughter.

Sleep tight Cindy.

I'm not kidding and not making light of what I'm about to say...I believe we might read about a couple suicides relating to this case over the next several months. I would pick the grandfather first. I hope it doesn't happen since he seemed to truly love his little granddaughter, but it wouldn't shock me now that Casey is free.

No one is commenting on how Mom and Dad walked out while the jury said she was not guilty instead of being happy that their daughter is innocent.

That was very telling, IMO.

Who funded her lawyers?

From CNN:

[updated at 2:34 p.m.] A room is being prepared for the jury to take questions from the media about their verdict.

I want the first question to be:

"What the ______ were you thinking?"

From http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/05/jury-reaches-verdict-in-casey-anthony-trial/

[updated at 2:50 p.m.] Defense Attorney Jose Baez said he had mixed emotions about the case and that he had to work hard against media bias that existed during the search for Caylee and the case against Casey Anthony.

"You cannot convict someone until they have their day in court," he said.

Baez said he was happy for Casey Anthony and the decision made by the jury. Now he hopes Casey Anthony can move on.

"I want her to grieve and to grow and somehow get her life back together," he said.

Baez said the case was a true example of a jury doing what they are supposed to.

"We have the greatest constitution in the world and if the media and other members of the public don’t respect it, it will become meaningless," he said. "And today and yesterday on the Fourth of July, there was a breath of life."

Baez said he is thrilled that when he goes home today and his daughter asks what he did today he can say - "I saved a life."

"I think this case is a perfect example for why the death penalty does not work... " Baez added. "Murder is not right no matter who does it."

I agree. As much as I think the prosecutors didn't do a good enough job, I give them credit for being on the right side. I know everyone deserves a defense, I just don't know how people can do it, especially when they know whether their client is innocent/guilty. Obviously fighting for an innocent client is easy, but how do you work so hard and fight so passionately for someone, who at best, was a pathological liar and partied days after her daughter "drowned"?

Why is it that the defense lawyers ALWAYS get this rap? Why not turn it around? Have you seen all the people that have been found innocent of the crime that they were convicted of and get let out of jail after 10 or 20 years with a "sorry"? How can a prosecutor possibly look themselves in the mirror and go after an innocent person?

See it works both ways.

As for this case, didn't follow it so I have no opinion on the verdict.

I can understand being not guilty of murder, but how in the hell can you find her not guilty of child abuse, for not knowing where the hell your own daughter is, for over a month, and not even caring ???

My guess is that is not the standard for finding "Aggravated Child Abuse," which is what they named the cause of action.

Archived