Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBC: Jury has reached a verdict in Casey Anthony trial [NOT GUILTY]

Toe Jam

I just find it sick this women will be at the club tonight celebrating like theres no tomorrow. Come to think of it if the US is as mad I think it is about the ruling there may not be for her.

don't worry, you'll forget all about next week

so will most everyone else

I just find it sick this women will be at the club tonight celebrating like theres no tomorrow. Come to think of it if the US is as mad I think it is about the ruling there may not be for her.

She's still in jail until Thursday at earliest, and likely until Friday or Saturday.

After that? I seriously doubt you will see her in the state of Florida.

Not trying to pick on you, but I think this is a problem a lot of people are having, and if you think about its sort of a silly problem. Everyone seems convinced she lied to the police. But, lying to the police is not the same thing as causing the death of another person. I can literally think of a million reasons why she would have lied to the police even if she was truly innocent of murder. Its the prosecutions burden to prove, not just that she lied to the cops, but that she also caused the death of her daughter. Those are two totally different things.

I didn't watch much of this case. Every legal professional I know that has seen anything about it has said the prosecution did NOT prove murder. Lying and murder are way way apart.

TSF,

No hard feelings at all.

I guess my beef was how can you know your daughter is gone for 30 days and not report it?

We have a small firm on our property and I got to hear a few of those lawyers comment of the case. Was interesting to hear their POV, and the answer they gave was basically you have to prove the child endangerment happened while the girl was alive, but in the same breath you are arguing that she killed her daughter and left her to rot. Cant have both things happening.

Regardless all of them felt the state did a decent job, but felt in a case this high profile they did not do a strong enough job in proving thier case (and not having a time of death really hurt them as well)

At least that is what I got from all the fancy lawyer speak :ols:

I couldn't disagree more. I agree that her mom perjured herself, but don't believe any direct family member (parent, child, etc.) should be put in that position. Cindy Anthony had to face a decision of having a hand in the potential execution of her daughter or lying under oath. Any parent worth ANYTHING would lie under oath 1,000 times out of 1,000.
I wouldn't, and I have three daughters. If my daughter killed my granddaughter, I'd let justice take its course. I'd still love my daughter, but right is right.

This is why I don't plan to go into Law School. I'd have to live with helping a murderer get off.

OR...you could go to law school and not be a criminal defense attorney.

95% of attorneys (making up stats, but it's a very substantial number) will never defend a murder trial.

I went to law school, and I've never defended anyone on any criminal matter. I only know one person from school that did any time as a criminal defense attorney. He never got close to a murder trial. They're very big deals, not something they toss the new guy to see if he'll sink or swim.

Miscarriage of Justice happened today.
Not in the least. An allegedly guilty person may have been found not guilty, but only because the prosecutors failed in their job. With TV today, more and more people seem to think the defense bears the burden. All of the burden is on the prosecution. They failed. The justice system worked like a finely oiled machine in this case. If you don't like the results, fine. But make no mistake, there was no miscarriage of justice.

Not in the least. An allegedly guilty person may have been found not guilty, but only because the prosecutors failed in their job. With TV today, more and more people seem to think the defense bears the burden. All of the burden is on the prosecution. They failed. The justice system worked like a finely oiled machine in this case. If you don't like the results, fine. But make no mistake, there was no miscarriage of justice.

That is your opinion and you are entitled but the majority of this Nation does not agree.

You can not tell me that this woman was not legally guilty of the most basic child abuse/neglect charges. You can say that they didn't prove murder but there is no way you can say that she was not guilty of neglect at a minimum.

That is your opinion and you are entitled but the majority of this Nation does not agree.

Yep. Most reasonable observers can see through the spin and BS the defense offered. IMO a killer went free today. But i guess that's our system of "justice".

Hey I thought she was guilty too

Yeah, I noticed that. I suppose most people think she is guilty, and I am glad you are among the reasonable in this regard, but I still think the pictures you posted were inappropriate.

I do not mean to make a big deal out of this; I just do not think a child's murder is something to joke about, especially on a day when injustice was served.

You can not tell me that this woman was not legally guilty of the most basic child abuse/neglect charges. You can say that they didn't prove murder but there is no way you can say that she was not guilty of neglect at a minimum.

Of course he can say it, because it is a fact. She was found not guilty in the eyes of the law.

You could argue that you *think* she was guilty of those crimes, and that is your opinion, nor was it the opinion of the jury. They may have gotten it wrong, but the process worked.

Of course he can say it, because it is a fact. She was not found guilty.

You could argue that you *think* she was guilty of those crimes, and that is your opinion, nor was it the opinion of the jury. They may have gotten it wrong, but the process worked.

They got this wrong. Agree or don't but they did get this wrong IMO.

Archived