Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBC: Jury has reached a verdict in Casey Anthony trial [NOT GUILTY]

Toe Jam

Ok, that is all pretty good evidence then.

I didn't follow this trial that closely at all, but when the verdict came out I was someone who would have said I had reasonable doubt, based on what I heard at that time. I'm pretty sure that in this thread I said the same if you go back. IF this evidence had been presented to me then, I would have said she was guilty.

Yeah, I'm about in the same boat as you.

The chloroform searches on internet explorer were largely discounted because prosecutors couldn't PROVE who did the searches. Additionally, Cindy Anthony perjured herself on the stand by saying that she was the person who accidently conducted those searches when researching chlorophyll (even though she was still clocked in at work and wouldn't have been home at the time). If they had presented this evidence pretty much nailing Casey as the person who ran the searches (evidenced by logging into her myspace page immediately after the suffocation search), I think it would have been much easier to prove premeditation and a lot more difficult for the jury to find reasonable doubt (as it was, initial jury polling had 2 jurors voting guilty when they only had evidence of the chloroform searches to consider).

I really need to just forget about the case and move on, but it was definitely a very emotional case that drew a lot of people in (me included). It's just very sad to hear about these new developmens now and knowing that they could have possibly changed the outcome of the case :(

I'm not sure how much of a difference this evidence would have made. Searches were done on the computer in the Casey household for "How to make chloroform", "making weapons out of household objects", "neck breaking" and "shovel" and the jury didn't convict her.

So now that this new **** has come to light, is there any going back?

It looks like they pulled searches from IE, but IE wasn't the browser that she mainly used. Whoever did the investigation didn't look at Firefox.

I dunno if anything in the IE searches was anything like this...but it'd be unbelievable that a jury couldn't connect the dots on a woman who killed her kid and a search like this. I mean if someone had searched how to set off a pipe bomb and then was on trial for setting off a pipe bomb...

Well, considering that the computer was a shared computer, this "bombshell" isn't nearly as striking as it appears. They couldn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she was the one searching.

As an aside, in the present, if you are searching for something that could damage your reputation/freedom at some point, wouldn't the average computer user just use private browsing?

It's a MUTE point!! :ols: :ols:

This drives me crazy, BUT..... (I'm a Believer). Whoever did it, will have serious consequences!!

In Matthew 18:6 Jesus warns anyone that causes a child to lose their faith, it would be better to have a rock tied to their neck and be thrown into the sea.

Moot point!!!!!!

:rotflmao: I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets annoyed by that.

But as for the topic, I think this'll take an OJ turn. She got away with murder, she'll try to profit off of it somehow because she knows she can't be tried again, then she'll get busted for something completely unrelated and end up in jail anyway. Not what I would have preferred, but justice is a fickle mistress sometimes.

In Matthew 18:6 Jesus warns anyone that causes a child to lose their faith, it would be better to have a rock tied to their neck and be thrown into the sea.

Yeah, but what if you were thrown in too close to shore and the tide went out and you made it back to land? Then it's not so bad.

Yeah, but what if you were thrown in too close to shore and the tide went out and you made it back to land? Then it's not so bad.

Time shall reveal that the preponderance of evidence will support this contention. Of that you can be sure.

Or if you're thrown out to drown, and Moses happens to come along just in time to part the sea - then you're just out there taking your rock for a leisurely stroll..

Archived