Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you hold grudges?

USS Redskins

My teacher in 7th and 8th grade absolutely despised me. I dont know why he just took a big dislike to me. I was awkward both physically and socially - growing to 6 ft 2 in the 7th grade... I was petrified of him, so I never acted out or mouthed off - I was too scared to say anything most of the time.

If he would ask for 5 volunteers to do something and I was able to muster the courage to raise my hand, he would choose 5 people from around me - leaving me the only one raising my hand. I was never chosen to do anything in 2 years.

I wasnt the best student in the world and he would always call on me when I didnt raise my hand, because he knew I didnt know the answer to embarass me. When I finally wised up and raised my hand anyway - it worked once - and then he knew I was BS'ing and he called on me and then yelled at me for getting it wrong.

He even brought all the guys in my class to a Bullets game - except me. Of course, for all I know, I was the only one that wasnt anally raped that night.

Anyway - I recently received a friend request from him on Facebook. he is like 70 now. My buddy in his class (who did go to the game with him) emailed him a couple of times and he wanted my contact info. I told my buddy to tell him to to F off.

I am 42 and I still hate that ****. I guess I should get over it but that stuff has really stuck with years.

Do you still hold any grudges?

I also have one against all women but thats another story.

I tend to get fired up over something real quick. I will rant about it and probably be pissed about it all day. After a good nights sleep, the next morning I am fine. I am not mad about it and ready to move on.

I hold grudges against people who deserve it. People can make mistakes, but some people are just straight up *******s. I had a teacher who gave me zeros on homework assignments that I did because she didn't like my brother, and when I dropped out of her class to get another teacher, she went to him and "warned" him about me not doing homework. **** that *****. I wouldn't give her the time of day.

premeditated **** like that has no excuse and I won't waste my time with those people.

In most cases no. But....and I have to admit this, there was a professor in Undergraduate. Grrrr. This was in my Senior Seminar class and I was assigned the position where I had to write my 20 page position paper against work place drug testing. My paper was immaculate, and when I got it back it was graded a B, with the following comment under the grade; "Looks like the work of a professional researcher". That got me curious, so I approached him after class and asked him about it, and then when he hemm hawed I asked him directly if he thought that I had plagiarized the paper (which I had not, I worked hard on that paper dang hard) at which point he refused to answer so I pressed, I asked him why if my paper looked like the work of a professional researcher and he didn't think I plagiarized why didn't I receive an A. Still nothing, so I told him before leaving, "Look if you think I cheated, you don't give me a B you fail my @$$." Then I snatched my paper and walked out, and immediately reported him to the Dean. He got fired a year after I graduated for sexual harassment. :D

What a jerk that guy was.

I hold on to grudges very hard at first, but I try to let them go. What holds me back is that I just feel like the person Im holding the grudge against is getting over on me if I let it go... then I try to repeat my mantra that Im trying to be the bigger person and that holding onto anger is like me drinking poison and waiting for it to affect the person im mad at, not gonna happen, so I try to let things go. If Im caught in my anger though, I can be very spiteful, so i try to stay away from the person I am mad at when I am angry.

I find it odd that the guy is trying to contact you this late in life, especially if the guy was mean to you as a youth. Maybe he wants to address the way he acted towards you and apologize. he may be close to death and wants to make amends for what he knows he did wrong in the past...

I dunno. If he is apologizing on his near death bed, you could accept it and absolve him of his trespasses against you, or you could deny him the acceptance to his apology and let him wrot knowing that he hurt you emotionally as a youth, and that he doesn't deserve your time.

On the other hand, he may be like the old creepy guy on Family Guy and just want you to flex your strong arms while he serves you cookies and milk.... no worries though!

http://perezsolomon.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/jesse.gif

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/17300000/herbert-the-old-man-herbert-family-guy-17323787-300-315.jpg

Archived