Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How to kill Bamboo?

Tulane Skins Fan

There you go... I've got a bamboo problem. Its shooting up through my backyard, which I spent a bunch of money to have sodded. I have a bamboo barrier separating my neighbors bamboo from my yard, but some of it apparently already made it way into my yard. Its indestructible so far.

Help.

About 2 years ago, there was a 10' - 20' patch of bamboo about 6' tall in the common ground across from my house. My neighbor and I tilled the soil and buried it in 250+ lbs of fertilizer. Then we threw a heavy nylon tarp on top and left it there to bake in the sun all summer/fall. When we pulled the tarp off in the winter, it looked like the Mojave. After all of this, there are 10 or so shoots of bamboo that have sprouted up a good 3' in the last 2 months. Enjoy your new bamboo yard.........

About 2 years ago, there was a 10' - 20' patch of bamboo about 6' tall in the common ground across from my house. My neighbor and I tilled the soil and buried it in 250+ lbs of fertilizer. Then we threw a heavy nylon tarp on top and left it there to bake in the sun all summer/fall. When we pulled the tarp off in the winter, it looked like the Mojave. After all of this, there are 10 or so shoots of bamboo that have sprouted up a good 3' in the last 2 months. Enjoy your new bamboo yard.........

I have read that bamboo that was wiped out at Hiroshima during WWII grew back almost immediately.

Seriously, you have to dig it up and then build a barrier (metal) between your neigbors yard and yours.

There you go... I've got a bamboo problem. Its shooting up through my backyard, which I spent a bunch of money to have sodded. I have a bamboo barrier separating my neighbors bamboo from my yard, but some of it apparently already made it way into my yard. Its indestructible so far.

Help.

Tulane Skins Fan, meet Skins Fan 82, the man who has the solution to your problems.

He will gladly purchase your bamboo.

You'll make money off of it and get rid of your bamboo, and he'll get the bamboo he needs. Perfect complimentary business partners.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?348563-Does-anybody-have-any-experience-with-bamboo-flooring

One decent sized Hydrogen Bomb should do it.

There's a ton of bamboo that breaches into my vegetable garden every year. I have to dig the roots out of the ground every spring to get rid of it. It's the most invassive plant I've ever had to deal with.

Multiple bamboo threads in a week? Only in the Tailgate....
Tulane Skins Fan, meet Skins Fan 82, the man who has the solution to your problems.

He will gladly purchase your bamboo.

You'll make money off of it and get rid of your bamboo, and he'll get the bamboo he needs. Perfect complimentary business partners.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?348563-Does-anybody-have-any-experience-with-bamboo-flooring

I gotta say, that is pretty funny.

For completeness, I have the barrier. The thing is, when we put the barrier in, there was probably already some latent bamboo on the wrong side of the barrier. So, I don't think its spreading anymore, but I cant even kill what is left of the bamboo. this **** is insane. Seriously, bamboo is ****ing insane.

Archived