Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Daily Beast: Santorum: McCain Doesn't Understand Torture

AsburySkinsFan

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheat-sheet/item/santorum-mccain-doesnt-understand-torture/questionable/?cid=cs:headline6

:rubeyes:

This won’t turn out well. Speaking with conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt on Tuesday, former senator and current GOP presidential hopeful Rick Santorum had some harsh words for his former colleague John McCain: "He doesn't understand how enhanced interrogation works." Santorum supports the techniques, which are widely believed to be torture, so it’s only logical that he’d disagree with McCain, who has been outspoken in opposing them, most recently in a Washington Post op-ed and an impassioned Senate speech last week. But Santorum may have forgotten McCain’s history: while a prisoner of war in Vietnam, the decorated war hero was himself subject to torture. Santorum has never served in the military. Waiting for the walkback in three, two, one …

:munchout:

Really, Rick? What a frothy mix of fecal matter you spewed in that interview.

Please, Dan...Fecal matter was enough....but you HAD to add the frothy part....causing the image of that make me want to :puke:

I don't even know how fecal matter can get frothy, but then again, I don't want to know, and hope it never becomes a personal problem of mine.

Sounds stupid on the surface at least. But the headline isn't what Santorum said. And I don't think McCain was the victim of "enhanced interrogation." He WAS tortured. Plain and simple.

But I think this is less Santorum's fault than it is those who use "torture" and "enhanced interrogation" interchangeably. (And whoever wrote the misleading headline.)

Please, Dan...Fecal matter was enough....but you HAD to add the frothy part....causing the image of that make me want to :puke:

I don't even know how fecal matter can get frothy, but then again, I don't want to know, and hope it never becomes a personal problem of mine.

then whatever you do, don't google the word "Santorum" and find out what it most commonly refers to.

Sounds stupid on the surface at least. But the headline isn't what Santorum said. And I don't think McCain was the victim of "enhanced interrogation." He WAS tortured. Plain and simple.

But I think this is less Santorum's fault than it is those who use "torture" and "enhanced interrogation" interchangeably. (And whoever wrote the misleading headline.)

Come on man, if anyone has a claim to know what goes on it's McCain, if Santorum seriously thinks that McCain doesn't understand torture and "enhanced interrogation" techniques then you're kidding yourself, and we ALL know that this is specifically referring to waterboarding which IS torture. So, let's all do what Santorum won't and that's give McCain the benefit of the doubt on this one since he's actually lived through it. I would have loved for Santorum to say that to McCain's face.

Is Santorum the least likable man to ever hold elective office? Seriously' date=' does ANYONE actually feel any sort of affection towards him? There's a million politicians that I don't like but I either respect or understand why others like them. Santorum? Nothing.[/quote']

The only impression that Santorum has ever given me is that he will on regular occasions, say something completely and utterly stupid.

Come on man, if anyone has a claim to know what goes on it's McCain, if Santorum seriously thinks that McCain doesn't understand torture and "enhanced interrogation" techniques then you're kidding yourself, and we ALL know that this is specifically referring to waterboarding which IS torture. So, let's all do what Santorum won't and that's give McCain the benefit of the doubt on this one since he's actually lived through it. I would have loved for Santorum to say that to McCain's face.

I'm not going to argue your assumptions. I'm going to argue what's actually IN this piece.

Waterboarding (as we do it) could certainly not be torture as a legal definition....McCain certainly has lived through a lot that influences his thinking on the subject and prefers to err on the side of caution and restraint.(and is less concerned with legal niceties)

Through the intrusions of the judicial crowd,torture is no longer a matter of I know it when I see it.

It becomes how close can we get to the line.

If this was 2004 McCain I would care. Post 2008 it's difficult to work up any pity for the man...

After all it was McCain's "anti" torture bill which gave amnesty to the torturers and introduced wiggle room into the provisions.

Rich Santorum is just an idoit though.

I'd pay money to watch McCain water-board Santorum.

Sadist....I knew I liked you for some reason :)

Hoping to make a man go against his beliefs just for your own gratification

That's reminiscent of the old McCain that I might have voted for had he not picked a certain running mate and pandered to the far right. I approve.

Is Santorum the least likable man to ever hold elective office? Seriously' date=' does ANYONE actually feel any sort of affection towards him? There's a million politicians that I don't like but I either respect or understand why others like them. Santorum? Nothing.[/quote']

He must be the biggest head up his own ass douchebag in American politics. At least he's pretty damn close.

Archived