Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Daily Beast: Santorum: McCain Doesn't Understand Torture

AsburySkinsFan

Rolling on the uplift of the OBL killing and 'supposed' waterboarding root cause.

He chose this?

His only recourse is to go down to Walter Reed and claim get a checkup for Alzheimers.

upsetting that group of course, but they'll forget by the end of the day.

Come on man, if anyone has a claim to know what goes on it's McCain, if Santorum seriously thinks that McCain doesn't understand torture and "enhanced interrogation" techniques then you're kidding yourself, and we ALL know that this is specifically referring to waterboarding which IS torture. So, let's all do what Santorum won't and that's give McCain the benefit of the doubt on this one since he's actually lived through it. I would have loved for Santorum to say that to McCain's face.

if he hadn't been tortured he might have been able to bring his arms up high enough to strangle him...sadly because he WAS tortured mccain might only be able to give him a quick shot to the solarplexes

Which is why he didn't SAY that, Meggy-poo.

Which is ironic because Santorum didn't understand what John McCain was saying either, or in the least, was being dishonest over word choice.

Let's be clear. Waterboarding is torture. Sugercoating it and calling it enhanced interrogation techniques may let people sleep better at night. It might even allow their conscious to be clear. It doesn't, however, change the fact that its a form of torture.

So, just stand up Rick et al. and say you support some forms of torture.

Senator McCain's words..

"In my personal experience, the abuse of prisoners sometimes produces good intelligence, but often produces bad intelligence because under torture a person will say anything he thinks his captors want to hear –- whether it is true or false –- if he believes it will relieve his suffering."

If McCain goes all Preston Brooks on Santorum I am willing to look the other way and pretend it never happened.

And Vice A Versa?

---------- Post added May-19th-2011 at 03:11 PM ----------

You can call waterboarding whatever you like. EET, Torture, whatever. The simple fact of the matter is that it's still going on.

And Vice A Versa?

You can call waterboarding whatever you like. EET, Torture, whatever. The simple fact of the matter is that it's still going on.

I don't care who is president, my guy or yours, it's flat out wrong and I'm ashamed we do it despite the occasional success it produces.

I don't care who is president, my guy or yours, it's flat out wrong and I'm ashamed we do it despite the occasional success it produces.

I understand your point of view KAOS. I just know what happens in War. I have my own opinions on this subject but it's not something that is going to change anything. This business of torture to extract information hs gone on since the first man picked up the first club and wanted to know where the next good cave was. It goes on still today.

I understand your point of view KAOS. I just know what happens in War. I have my own opinions on this subject but it's not something that is going to change anything. This business of torture to extract information hs gone on since the first man picked up the first club and wanted to know where the next good cave was. It goes on still today.

You are probably right, and it's sad. I used to believe in American exceptionalism too.

Waterboarding (as we do it) could certainly not be torture as a legal definition....McCain certainly has lived through a lot that influences his thinking on the subject and prefers to err on the side of caution and restraint.(and is less concerned with legal niceties)

Through the intrusions of the judicial crowd,torture is no longer a matter of I know it when I see it.

It becomes how close can we get to the line.

Has the United States ever prosecuted anyone for waterboarding US soldiers?

And Vice A Versa?

I always figured this was going on all along. I just figured we were smart enough as to not admit it. I have no idea why we let it out that we torture people...pretty moronic.

I always figured this was going on all along. I just figured we were smart enough as to not admit it. I have no idea why we let it out that we torture people...pretty moronic.

Five or six years ago when the topic first came up on the board I argued for plausible deniability. But once the cats out of the bag I can't say it's ok. It's not, of course that is just my opinion, but the distinction is an important one you're right about that. If we go through the extensive trouble to have it deniable then it's self-regulated to some extent (at least). Once it's out in the open it's easier to do it a whole lot more and that's why they came out with it. Also my opinion. Not good.

Has the United States ever prosecuted anyone for waterboarding US soldiers?

No. It's like a baby. If waterboarding is part of your training, it's not torture. If it isn't, then it is. See, it's not the actual act (or actual person) it's whether they choose it or not that makes it bad. :ols:

No. It's like a baby. If waterboarding is part of your training, it's not torture. If it isn't, then it is. See, it's not the actual act (or actual person) it's whether they choose it or not that makes it bad. :ols:

If they made me undergo the training that those guys do it would be torture without question and I'd probably die. You don't see the distinction?

If they made me undergo the training that those guys do it would be torture without question and I'd probably die. You don't see the distinction?

You say that now, but at 20 the Army makes you do lots of things.

They ripped our masks off in the gas chamber and asked us questions.. Torture for information?

You say that now, but at 20 the Army makes you do lots of things.

They ripped our masks off in the gas chamber and asked us questions.. Torture for information?

And I never once thought I was going to die or drown when my mask was taken off....now can you say the same for waterboarding......no....no you can't.

Ya'll act like getting waterboarded is like running through a fire hose, instead of it causing the same exact sensation of drowning. But none of this distraction crap says that McCain doesn't understand torture or enhance interrogation techniques, and none of it excuses Santorum for being a dip.

Mac: Question, Frank, does that waterboard really work?

Frank: You bet your ass; I got Dee to admit to things she never did!

lol it is always sunny in philadelphia...unless you are dee...she gets crapped on more than anyone on that show haha

Archived