Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per PFT (via SportsJunkies on 106.7): McNabb refused to wear a wristband

Popeman38

McNabb would most likely make more money if traded and also look like a fool. So why would his camp ledk this info? This is bizarre . Why the info now? When did you hear about this LL?

Search for LL56's posts in this thread using the "Search thread---> Advanced Search --->Search by username" and you'll see him mention that it was around the time of the Detroit game.

I see the pictures of McNabb wearing a wrist band in college, but I'm thinking this current situation falls under "I'm a vet now. I don't need those things anymore."

Exactly. Even Haynesworth did what his coaches wanted in college.

and people over on the Eagles board are'nt taking this as much of a surprise...

Damn lol he had to wear 2 of them..

LMAO. Now that is some funny ****. Never seen a player wear 2 wristbands. I guess one explains the basics like how to get a first down, which player hikes the ball, OT rules, etc. etc., and the other has plays.

Per Kelli Johnson the report is completely untrue.. http://www.csnwashington.com/05/12/11/McNabb-wristband-story-not-true-team-sou/landing_redskins_loud3r.html?blockID=521801&feedID=6458

Despite a radio report Thursday' date=' Donovan McNabb never refused to wear a wristband to help him call plays last season -- because the Redskins never asked him to, Comcast SportsNet's Kelli Johnson is reporting, citing a team source close to the situation.[/quote']

Damn we need the lockout to be over because this is just some dumb sh*t floating out there every day.

Well I find this troubling on all accounts.

McNabb shouldn't refuse to wear the band.(the guy wore the damn wrist band in college)

Kyle should be able to get his QB to wear a wrist band.

Mike shouldn't ask his QB to do anything he tells his QB what to do and it should only happen 1 time.

This makes McNabb look like a douche, stupid and a hypocrite.

It make Kyle look weak.

It make Mike look clueless.

I was feeling weird about the direction this team is going now I have serious doubts.

Alot more goes into this whole thing then just "Wear the band or sit on the bench, I'm Mike Shanahan rah rah rah". You should know that it's not that cut and dry. There is politics, PR, and alot of other factors that had to be considered.

Citing a team source close to the situation, CSN Washington is refuting a report that Donovan McNabb refused to wear a wristband to help remember plays last season.

The source claims McNabb was never even asked to wear the wristband. The "Sports Junkies," one of the best radio teams in the country, cited three separate sources in the original report. The subsequent team denial was predictable and fully expected, as the wristband story made both McNabb and coach Mike Shanahan look foolish. Eagles beat writer Jeff McLane noted that McNabb refused to don a wristband in Philly, insisting it caused problems with his passing even though QBs wear them on their non-throwing arms.

Source: CSN Washington

. Eagles beat writer Jeff McLane noted that McNabb refused to don a wristband in Philly, insisting it caused problems with his passing even though QBs wear them on their non-throwing arms.

Yeah, it looks like it's just a McNabb thing, considering that he might have a better relationship with Reid and yet HE STILL SAID NO. And lol at that excuse; Tom Brady had absolutely no problem with a little wrist band.

It's not that Donovan thought guys with wristbands look stupid... it's a different thing if you suddenly strap on one after a few weeks of bad offense while everyone's already judging you closely in your first year in a new offense. Hey probably thought everyone would point it out, and heckle him, and the media would blah blah about it.. which probably would have happened. But it doesn't matter, I don't think a wristband was going to fix anything, and Donovan probably didn't either. He was thinking '**** it, this isn't going to work here', which sucks, but at least he's not talking ****, and really, leaving town pretty quietly and respectfully...for now anyway.

It's not that Donovan thought guys with wristbands look stupid... it's a different thing if you suddenly strap on one after a few weeks of bad offense while everyone's already judging you closely in your first year in a new offense. Hey probably thought everyone would point it out, and heckle him, and the media would blah blah about it.. which probably would have happened. But it doesn't matter, I don't think a wristband was going to fix anything, and Donovan probably didn't either. He was thinking '**** it, this isn't going to work here', which sucks, but at least he's not talking ****, and really, leaving town pretty quietly and respectfully...for now anyway.

Nobody would have given a damn. They would have been more concerned about his interceptions, sacks, and dirt balls than some ornamment no fan pays attention to.

Oh, and it doesn't help? Then explain why Tom "much ****ing better than McNabb" Brady wears one?

it's not that donovan thought guys with wristbands look stupid... It's a different thing if you suddenly strap on one after a few weeks of bad offense while everyone's already judging you closely in your first year in a new offense. Hey probably thought everyone would point it out, and heckle him, and the media would blah blah about it.. Which probably would have happened. But it doesn't matter, i don't think a wristband was going to fix anything, and donovan probably didn't either. He was thinking '**** it, this isn't going to work here', which sucks, but at least he's not talking ****, and really, leaving town pretty quietly and respectfully...for now anyway.

"you play to win the game".

Nobody would have given a damn. They would have been more concerned about his interceptions, sacks, and dirt balls than some ornamment no fan pays attention to.

Oh, and it doesn't help? Then explain why Tom "much ****ing better than McNabb" Brady wears one?

I think in Donovan's case, it wouldn't have meant much because he wasn't wearing one in Philly, not to mention he was trying a new offense after a decade of the old one. You would think the wristband would help in that case, and I think it should, but he's stubborn in his old QB age, and I think the Shanny's probably thought he might not do it. In other words, they knew he wouldn't be able to grasp it, which is a real knock on Dmac's QB IQ I'd say. I mean, it's not asking much for him to just freakin' wear it, it's stupid, I'm just sayin I can see why he wouldn't do it.

And really it's nice to know the offense is 'complicated enough' to need a wristband. Hell, Brady, Brees, and Manning wear them.

I have a theory ... maybe McNabb cannot read ... that's why he didn't want to have a wrist band ... if you look closley on the picture with the two wrist bands McNabb wore in collage one was the play book and the other the big book of words ... so McNabb could get extra practice:silly:

That said - I totally believe this happened . LL56 does have quality information and I take what the insiders say on here over most (all) of the media outlets . I also think there is a little truth in the Snyder getting mad - or expressing his disbelief at McNabb - but I don't buy the way it went down quite the way as it is portrayed with Snyder foaming at the mouth at Shanahan. .

Per Kelli Johnson the report is completely untrue.. http://www.csnwashington.com/05/12/11/McNabb-wristband-story-not-true-team-sou/landing_redskins_loud3r.html?blockID=521801&feedID=6458

Damn we need the lockout to be over because this is just some dumb sh*t floating out there every day.

Well, since Kelli Johnsons fine ass ain't got a story right since her insider coughGregBlachecough left town, I trust her slightly more than I trust JLC. She was wrong 90% of the time last year. Plus, she most likely called McNabb and asked him. Like McNabb is gonna confirm this story....

I stand 100% by this story with good reason since i talked about it after detroit.Regardless of what Kelly " 2 friendly " with players says.I will say that I am very surprised this found its way to the media.

Surprised how? That it came out? Or that it took this long? Or was the timing on purpose? curious to hear what you have to say about this. This probably affects his trade value in some way and lends credibility to Shannnahan's benching of McNabb. So now where do the Skins go in this regard?

---------- Post added May-13th-2011 at 08:27 AM ----------

I am convinced Donovan's camp leaked this themselves.

Why would anyone affiliated with the Redskins leak to 106.7?

McNabb's camp leaked it to lower his trade value and the Redskins outright release him.

Also seems plausible

I stand 100% by this story with good reason since i talked about it after detroit.Regardless of what Kelly " 2 friendly " with players says.I will say that I am very surprised this found its way to the media.

lol @ the Kelly comment.

You did say that the Snyder angry at Shannahan part was bull**** though, right?

I will say that I am very surprised this found its way to the media.

Really? Seems as though everything leaks out of redskins park these days. Not sure if that's because of relentless media itching for stories or loose lips in and around the park. I'm sure there's a fair share of stories in every football town but everything turns into drama in DC, I'm not surprised at all really.

I remember an interview with McNabb when asked about how Kyle wanted him to change his mechanics. DMc politely but with a smirk and a sarcastic smile defended his abilities to play the game. I can understand how he must have felt. Kyle who? But at the same time, DMc rode into town on the wings of his past and with an air of entitlement . Some knelt down to him as evidenced by making him the the "face" of the promotional campaign. (Snyner?) Others (Shanahan) were interested in what can you do for me today? For 58 minutes in Detroit, the Shanahans saw what we couldn't do and they benched him. BFD! Andy Reid got rid of him. Enough of the DMc drama. Fly away (ex) Eagle.

Archived