Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per PFT (via SportsJunkies on 106.7): McNabb refused to wear a wristband

Popeman38

Eagles beat writer Jeff McLane noted that McNabb refused to don a wristband in Philly, insisting it caused problems with his passing even though QBs wear them on their non-throwing arms.

Source: CSN Washington

How would Eagles beat writer note that "McNabb refused to don a wristband in Philly, insisting it caused problems with his passing."

How would an Eagles beat writer become privvy to information that our own Redskins beat writers didn't have?

I mean that would be big scoop don't you think?

And why would whomever was privvy to said scoop wait until now to come out with the story?

I have my doubts about the veracity of this 'story'.

How would Eagles beat writer note that "McNabb refused to don a wristband in Philly, insisting it caused problems with his passing."

How would an Eagles beat writer become privvy to information that our own Redskins beat writers didn't have?

I mean that would be big scoop don't you think?

And why would whomever was privvy to said scoop wait until now to come out with the story?

I have my doubts about the veracity of this 'story'.

Huh? Not sure of the logic here. Isn't the beat writer just confirming that in the past (while McNabb was in Philly and he was covering the team as a beat writer) he refused to wear one thus it would not be a stretch to think he did not want to wear one in Washington?

Huh? Not sure of the logic here. Isn't the beat writer just confirming that in the past (while McNabb was in Philly and he was covering the team as a beat writer) he refused to wear one thus it would not be a stretch to think he did not want to wear one in Washington?
I read it as in Philly meaning before the Philly game.

Yes, it makes sense if the a Philly beat writer was refering to McNabb refusing to wear a wristband in Philly.

But, where is his proof that McNabb 'refused' to wear one?

Where I'm from 'refusing' is a pretty big deal.

And why didn't he break the story when he first heard it?

I hate hearsey.

The source should just step forward and own it, or shut the hell up.

I hate hearsey.

The source should just step forward and own it, or shut the hell up.

Exactly...

Unless Mike Shanahan comes out and says it or Donovan himself says it, its a non story. its hearsay.. its BS!! I posted a pic where the guy had two wristbands on in college. But all of a sudden he feels he would look stupid wearing them in the pros?? That's absurd to even fathom. Its completely absurd to think that Andy Reid and Mike Shanahan would allow McNabb not to wear a wrist band even if McNabb was jacking up the playbook because he felt it made him look dumb!! Dont people think this story would've blown up years ago in Philly if there were any truth to it? All the scrutiny this guy put up with there..(His skin color, his IQ, his accuracy,his privileged upbringing, his Mom's commercials, his decision making, his lack of leadership, his heart, his fitness, his knowledge of the playbook) All of these are just a few things that hit main stream media about Donovan and none of it had anything to do with him wearing a wristband..lol :ols: Oh but the Sports junkies are some how more intuitive than any other media outlet in the country for the past decade? C'mon use ur head people..

It's ridiculous how easily some fans are attracted to :pooh: like this!

Exactly...

Unless Mike Shanahan comes out and says it or Donovan himself says it, its a non story. its hearsay.. its BS!! I posted a pic where the guy had two wristbands on in college. But all of a sudden he feels he would look stupid wearing them in the pros?? That's absurd to even fathom. Its completely absurd to think that Andy Reid and Mike Shanahan would allow McNabb not to wear a wrist band even if McNabb was jacking up the playbook because he felt it made him look dumb!! Dont people think this story would've blown up years ago in Philly if there were any truth to it? All the scrutiny this guy put up with there..(His skin color, his IQ, his accuracy,his privileged upbringing, his Mom's commercials, his decision making, his lack of leadership, his heart, his fitness, his knowledge of the playbook) All of these are just a few things that hit main stream media about Donovan and none of it had anything to do with him wearing a wristband..lol :ols: Oh but the Sports junkies are some how more intuitive than any other media outlet in the country for the past decade? C'mon use ur head people..

It's ridiculous how easily some fans are attracted to :pooh: like this!

i guess it means nothing that insiders have said its true? not saying it is 100% true, but i think if some respected people are saying its true, id give them the benefit of the doubt before i said its unfathomable and fans are stupid.

Really this whole story is a non story and means nothing right now. Mcnabb is done in DC and the wristband deal has no effect on that either way. The redskins have not and will not comment on thisand I don't expect them to say it occurred. I don't expect mcnabb to come out and say this occurred either. This situation was never suppose to come out in the media and quite frankly like I have said I am very surpised it did. Csn is a good network but they will count a former player in Brian Mitchell as a source in regards to mcnabb so you know how that will go 10 out of 10 times.

The fact that multiple people got confirmation from many different sources over the course of a few hours is the real truth. This shouldn't be a big deal now because it doesn't matter in the long run.

---------- Post added May-13th-2011 at 02:34 PM ----------

I have a theory ... maybe McNabb cannot read ... that's why he didn't want to have a wrist band ... if you look closley on the picture with the two wrist bands McNabb wore in collage one was the play book and the other the big book of words ... so McNabb could get extra practice:silly:

That said - I totally believe this happened . LL56 does have quality information and I take what the insiders say on here over most (all) of the media outlets . I also think there is a little truth in the Snyder getting mad - or expressing his disbelief at McNabb - but I don't buy the way it went down quite the way as it is portrayed with Snyder foaming at the mouth at Shanahan. .

Kelly Johnson's inside sources left with springs and blache. I won't discuss it further but she was the cause of marital issues involving shawn.

i guess it means nothing that insiders have said its true? not saying it is 100% true, but i think if some respected people are saying its true, id give them the benefit of the doubt before i said its unfathomable and fans are stupid.

What insiders?? And what makes them respectable besides the fact that we don't know who they are?

Are these the same insiders that said Kyle started calling more screens after Donovan was benched?

The same insiders that said Mike wasn't happy with Kyle's playcalling , so he took over the play calling duties to institute more running plays?

I mean come on.. just because I put "insider" in front of a rumor doesn't make it true.

I respect LL56 and some others on here. But I respect them for their opinions not because what they say are facts. I think he's right in that this story has nothing to do with McNabb's future here so why are we even discussing it.

What insiders?? And what makes them respectable besides the fact that we don't know who they are?

Are these the same insiders that said Kyle started calling more screens after Donovan was benched?

The same insiders that said Mike wasn't happy with Kyle's playcalling , so he took over the play calling duties to institute more running plays?

I mean come on.. just because I put "insider" in front of a rumor doesn't make it true.

AS far as I know NOBODY said any of this mess quoted above.

Maybe he was waiting for an upgraded model-

Isaac+Daniel+Group+Launches+long+anticipated+0sf9zi0PnJRl.jpg

Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb plays with the ID Coach Wristband at the launch of the Isaac Daniel, ID Coach at the Sheraton Riverwalk on January 31, 2009 in Tampa, Florida. The ID Coach system allows coaches to communicate plays to players without using hand signals or audio transmitters. Play calls are transmitted using a military grade encrypted wireless link from the coaches Personal Remote Terminal (PRT) to the assigned player on the field who recieves the play on the ID Coach wristband. (Photo by Chris McGrath/Getty Images for EAG Sports Management) *** Local Caption *** Donovan McNabb

(January 31, 2009 - Photo by Chris McGrath/Getty Images North America)

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/qZURQcO8oWB/Isaac+Daniel+Group+Launches+long+anticipated/0sf9zi0PnJR/Donovan+McNabb

The fact that multiple people got confirmation from many different sources over the course of a few hours is the real truth. This shouldn't be a big deal now because it doesn't matter in the long run.
I guess our ideas of confirmation differ.

The story if true is a big deal and here's why:

o Its gives McNabb one of the worst labels a player can have: 'insubordinate'

o It cast doubt about the ability of the HC and OC

o It makes Mike Shanahan appear ineffectual as a head coach that he would tolerate insubordination from his QB

o It makes Kyle seem incompetent as an OC that he can't command the respect of his players, veteran QB or not

o It speaks to a lack of organizational professionalism or leak control that this would be out there for public consumption

Really this whole story is a non story and means nothing right now. Mcnabb is done in DC and the wristband deal has no effect on that either way. The redskins have not and will not comment on thisand I don't expect them to say it occurred. I don't expect mcnabb to come out and say this occurred either. This situation was never suppose to come out in the media and quite frankly like I have said I am very surpised it did. Csn is a good network but they will count a former player in Brian Mitchell as a source in regards to mcnabb so you know how that will go 10 out of 10 times.

---------- Post added May-13th-2011 at 02:34 PM ----------

Kelly Johnson's inside sources left with springs and blache. I won't discuss it further but she was the cause of marital issues involving shawn.

Wow, something tells me that she has quite a handle on things there at Redskins Park if you get my drift ;)

---------- Post added May-13th-2011 at 10:59 AM ----------

o It makes Mike Shanahan appear ineffectual as a head coach that he would tolerate insubordination from his QB

o It makes Kyle seem incompetent as an OC that he can't command the respect of his players, veteran QB or not

o It speaks to a lack of organizational professionalism or leak control that this would be out there for public consumption

You're reading way too much into this... LL did say that players were complaining about McNabb's trouble in the huddle.

The "leaks" angle is getting old to me. This is 2011 and every NFL team and its fans are connected in ways that people couldn't even imagine 10 years ago. Since most of those people are still in the game of football, leaks about relatively minor things are going to spill out of all 32 locker rooms. It's going to happen.

Just because we didn't ultimately hear about these things 20-30 years ago, doesn't mean that they weren't happening. This is a group of grown adults...they will disagree, fight, etc. and it's not always a testament to every one of their character traits.

I see your point

---------- Post added May-13th-2011 at 03:03 PM ----------

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/13/d-c-media-gets-worked-up-over-mcnabb-wristband-report/

The "leaks" angle is getting old to me. This is 2011 and every NFL team and its fans are connected in ways that people couldn't even imagine 10 years ago. Since most of those people are still in the game of football, leaks about relatively minor things are going to spill out of all 32 locker rooms. It's going to happen.

Just because we didn't ultimately hear about these things 20-30 years ago, doesn't mean that they weren't happening. This is a group of grown adults...they will disagree, fight, etc. and it's not always a testament to every one of their character traits.

Agree. Its comical that come people who are calling into radio shows think that this is a diabolical leak by the Shanahans to dscredit McNabb. McNabb was gone anyways and everyone knows it was a mistake. What benefit would Mike get from leaking this? You only further diminish McNabb's minimal trade value, you make yourself look weak, and you prove that you didn't do your homework in bringing him in. Why leak it?

Bottom line is getting information out on anything is a lot easier now than ever. What you want to believe is based on your own biases. There will be some who take the Skins side completely, the anti- Snyder's who will use this an an excuse to bring up the past 10 years, and the pro-McNabb folks who will make it out as though he's 100% innocent here.

I see your point

---------- Post added May-13th-2011 at 03:03 PM ----------

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/13/d-c-media-gets-worked-up-over-mcnabb-wristband-report/

I don't follow.
the Junkies cited multiple sources, and they stuck their necks out in support of the report.

What sources did they cite? I heard the segment.

Their sources were guys we really, really trust.

That is not a source, imho.

When the Junkies cite an actual living breathing person who is willing to actually put their neck on the line then that will be a source.

Til then its just hearsey.

Agree. Its comical that come people who are calling into radio shows think that this is a diabolical leak by the Shanahans to dscredit McNabb. McNabb was gone anyways and everyone knows it was a mistake. What benefit would Mike get from leaking this? You only further diminish McNabb's minimal trade value, you make yourself look weak, and you prove that you didn't do your homework in bringing him in. Why leak it?

Bottom line is getting information out on anything is a lot easier now than ever. What you want to believe is based on your own biases. There will be some who take the Skins side completely, the anti- Snyder's who will use this an an excuse to bring up the past 10 years, and the pro-McNabb folks who will make it out as though he's 100% innocent here.

Im 99.9% confident the shanahans did not leak this information. Mike went on a limb and took the heat after the Detroit game so don't see why he would put it out in may.

I don't follow.

What sources did they cite? I heard the segment.

Their source was a guys we really, really trust.

That is not a source.

When the Junkies cite an actual living breathing person who is willing to actually put their neck on the line then that will be a source.

Til then its just hearsey.

First of all I was told of this information from a player and front office personnel after Detroit. I discussed the players complaining and mcnabbs issues with Kyle with TK after Detroit. Junkies or nobody is going to name a source so if you want to ignore the information then cool.

Well, good thing you won't discuss it further. That way you get to pretend you didn't accuse her of anything. :rolleyes:

First of all I was told of this information from a player and front office personnel after Detroit. I discussed the players complaining and mcnabbs issues with Kyle with TK after Detroit. Junkies or nobody is going to name a source so if you want to ignore the information then cool.

Again, you're confusing to different issues.

Yes, you said that the players had issues with McNabb's playcalling after the Lions game.

But, that is quite different from McNabb refusing to wear a wrist band.

Players complaining and McNabb outright insubordination are 2 clear and disticntly different issues.

Archived