Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DDP: Approx 8 sections of seating removed in upper deck endzone - more removed as of 2012 DDP, LL Endzone in 2013

MarkB452

Which group got the biggest upgrade?  

301 members have voted

1. 1. Which group got the biggest upgrade?

This poll is closed to new votes

Bazinga!! Loved the comeback line!

I hope that wasn't aimed at me. It's a ****ing stupid comment he made.

Do I jump up and yell at the tv, yes, do I sit, yes. I'm at home, of course I sit.

When I go to a sporting event, I don't act like I'm at a Broadway play and just sit there.

Do I jump up and yell at the tv, yes, do I sit, yes. I'm at home, of course I sit.

When I go to a sporting event, I don't act like I'm at a Broadway play and just sit there.

It was intended for people who believe they have a "right" to stand the entire game because they want to. People like that normally get a polite request from a fan, and if necessary, a visit from the usher first and then security. I've watched people who refuse to sit down be hauled out of the stadium. The seats are there for a reason. If you cannot control yourself and respect others around you, then yes, the comment was directed at you.

As tshile, myself and others have written repeatedly in this and other threads on this subject over the years, there is "proper etiquette" as RFK put it. No one is expecting someone to stay seated the entire game or act like you are at a broadway play. It is really common sense. Unfortunately, some do not have that ability; especially when alcohol gets in the way.

The secondary market on Stubhub looks to be down about 10% from this time last year. No real noticeable jump in prices after RG3.

I think DC fans tend to take a wait-and-see approach (you might call it a fair weather approach), at least when it comes to buying tickets and showing up to events.

Ovechkin was hailed as the greatest thing since Gretzky or Lemieux when he arrived in the NHL, but his early years with the Caps were played in front of a half-empty arena; it wasn’t until the Caps became a good team several years into Ovi’s tenure that people started showing up. Bryce Harper’s arrival is exciting but hasn’t even produced a blip in terms of ticket sales.

Strasburg’s debut was a strange outlier—the place was packed and buzzing for that game.

But in general, DC fans are a little slow on the trigger. People are excited about RGIII, but he’ll have to demonstrate on the field that he’s worth paying money to see.

It was intended for people who believe they have a "right" to stand the entire game because they want to.

IMO many of those who choose to stand at the wrong times do so with the intent of getting a reaction from the patrons behind them. It's like they're trying to be 'that guy'. That guy is a better fan than you and he's gotta prove it. If you want to be on his level of fandom, you'll just have to stand before the snap of the ball on each play. It doesn't matter if you happen to attend every game; That Guy may be at his only game of the year and damn it, he has a lot to accomplish. That Guy doesn't care about the down and distance of the ball, or any other specifics regarding the situation on the field; he's the #1 fan and standing is all that matters.

Fortunately, it seems like That Guyism tends to be a 1st quarter, or first half problem. That Guy is usually intoxicated and often forgets to be the #1 fan by halftime. That Guy's extreme interest in the game frequently gives way to nap time. If not drunk, some times That Guy finally gets it, and he figures out that he's not cool by the 3rd quarter, thus the non stop standing comes to an end.

As far as game day intoxication goes.. I think I understand what is going on here :

Beers at the stadium = $9

24 case of Natty Light = $10

Therefore, drinking 24 Natty Lights for $10 before walking into the stadium saves you ~$206.

Due to the recent economic turmoil in our country... it'd behoove everyone to try and push the pregame beer consumption to 30, thus saving you $250+.

Ok, we're gonna make it through these dark times!

of course it was directed at you

it was designed to point out the ridiculousness in your claim (that you're still making, in the post i quoted, which is hilarious) that your options are either to stand in peoples' way or sit quietly and not enjoy the game.

unfortunately you still don't understand it and i'm out of ways to explain it. i tried clearly stating it, i tried sarcasm/humor, i'm out of ideas at this point. the world just isn't that black and white, yet your only support for standing in people's way is that the rest of us just want everyone to sit there quietly and not get excited. that's absurd. :silly::doh:

---------- Post added May-3rd-2012 at 03:19 PM ----------

As far as game day intoxication goes.. I think I understand what is going on here :

Beers at the stadium = $9

24 case of Natty Light = $10

Therefore, drinking 24 Natty Lights for $10 before walking into the stadium saves you ~$206.

Due to the recent economic turmoil in our country... it'd behoove everyone to try and push the pregame beer consumption to 30, thus saving you $250+.

Ok, we're gonna make it through these dark times!

alright, i got a good laugh out of that. reminds me of my college days when we drank natty light :)

As far as the standing/sitting debate goes... it's always a case by case thing for me. I don't really walk into any sporting event with a "cheering plan"... I find my seat, gain situational awareness, and make my moves off what I assess. This isn't just for standing, but for anything.

Are there kids around? Watch what I say/yell. If we score or have a big play, ask for a high five from the kids. Get them involved:) (They'll be you soon)

Are there elders around? Do what I can to not obstruct their experience (I just treat them the way I'd want my parents to be treated)

Are there opposing fans around? Yell in their general direction

Are there random people with cowboys jerseys on? Look at them like they have a dick growing out of their forehead

Do the people behind me stand up a lot? I can stand up a lot

Attitudes are pretty contagious, and if you find yourself surrounded by even one or two awesome-spirited, loud but respectful people, the whole area is gonna have a great time. OTOH, one jerk can really put a damper on a stadium experience; which sucks for the kids who are mega-excited to be at the game.

I'll be at the home opener this season, but I won't be able to tell you if I'll be standing up a lot or not until a few minutes before kickoff. I will be loud (not profane) no matter what.

As far as the standing/sitting debate goes... it's always a case by case thing for me. I don't really walk into any sporting event with a "cheering plan"... I find my seat, gain situational awareness, and make my moves off what I assess. This isn't just for standing, but for anything.

Are there kids around? Watch what I say/yell. If we score or have a big play, ask for a high five from the kids. Get them involved:) (They'll be you soon)

Are there elders around? Do what I can to not obstruct their experience (I just treat them the way I'd want my parents to be treated)

Are there random people with cowboys jerseys on? Look at them like they have a dick growing out of their forehead

Attitudes are pretty contagious, and if you find yourself surrounded by even one or two awesome-spirited, loud but respectful people, the whole area is gonna have a great time. OTOH, one jerk can really put a damper on a stadium experience; which sucks for the kids who are mega-excited to be at the game.

I'll be at the home opener this season, but I won't be able to tell you if I'll be standing up a lot or not until a few minutes before kickoff. I will be loud (not profane) no matter what.

Great post! And this can all be summed up with "Don't be that guy." Or as I tell my Soldiers, "Don't be an ass."

This post needs a dag gone stickie!!!

You have my vote for Fan of the Year! Awesome post

Based on the photos I have from the 2012 DDP - here is my assessment of what seats have been removed:

Sections 410 - 418 and 437 - 445 : About 7 rows left, rows 8 - 29 removed (no change from last year)

Sections 406 - 409, 419 - 422, 433 - 436, 446 - 449 - First 14 or so rows still there, rows 15-29 are removed (slight difference in 409, 419, 436, and 449 from 2011, new removals in the other sections.)

Sections 405, 423, 432, 450 - Row 15-29 removed for the half of the seats that were behind the endline. I believe some of these seats were $70 seats. (new removals from these sections)

Sections 401-404, 424-431, 451 - 454 - No apparent removals.

Congratulations, this post just won the ancient "How-to Cheer" argument.

Great post.

We do the same, and never have issues. My biggest problem was, (is:( ), watching what I say. When a bad play happens, or a stupid call, etc, my go-to phrases include the F-bomb, or taking the Lords name in vain, or a grisly combination of both, (God-****ing-dammit!). I'm really trying to reel it in because it's embarrassing. Mrs. Skinsfan is doing what she can to help, with a gentle reminder before the game, and not-so-gentle reminders with elbows to the ribs when I slip;)

Based on the photos I have from the 2012 DDP - here is my assessment of what seats have been removed:

Sections 410 - 418 and 437 - 445 : About 7 rows left, rows 8 - 29 removed (no change from last year)

Sections 406 - 409, 419 - 422, 433 - 436, 446 - 449 - First 14 or so rows still there, rows 15-29 are removed (slight difference in 409, 419, 436, and 449 from 2011, new removals in the other sections.)

Sections 405, 423, 432, 450 - Row 15-29 removed for the half of the seats that were behind the endline. I believe some of these seats were $70 seats. (new removals from these sections)

Thanks....looks like we're one of the few sections that weren't touched, which would kill us, if we had to give up our 2nd rown aisle seats...

This!!!! So true about the kids and elder fans... I personally love havin elder fans around and asking them about the old RFK days and how long theyve had season tickets.

Unfortunately the same is true when I go to an away game (here in st Louis) , I'm a product of my surroundings there in a bad way. if people are heckling me.... I act like a little bit of an ass or get overly excited about every first down !

Thanks....looks like we're one of the few sections that weren't touched, which would kill us, if we had to give up our 2nd rown aisle seats...

You would be good either way, they have always left at least the first 4 rows untouched when they remove sections.

That's going to make this automatic upgrade process really interesting/exciting.

of course it was directed at you

Whatever. I've only been to a few games. 8 maybe. Every play is exciting. I get pumped to be there. I don't get too drunk and I don't curse. I'd think I'd be fun to be around for kids and other excited adults.

People who just sit there, checking their phones and not making noise, while complaining about people who view the rare opportunity to actually be able to attend a game and cheer their team on as something special and exciting, make the team experience kind of suck. Don't worry though, I don't plan on attending any games any time soon, so I won't get in the way of your safe and mellow performance.

Whatever. I've only been to a few games. 8 maybe. Every play is exciting. I get pumped to be there. I don't get too drunk and I don't curse. I'd think I'd be fun to be around for kids and other excited adults.

People who just sit there, checking their phones and not making noise, while complaining about people who view the rare opportunity to actually be able to attend a game and cheer their team on as something special and exciting, make the team experience kind of suck. Don't worry though, I don't plan on attending any games any time soon, so I won't get in the way of your safe and mellow performance.

you are still on this kick of you can only stand in peoples ways or sit quietly and play with your phone

those are the only two options in your mind

strange black and white world you live in. :doh:

but good, i'm happy to know i don't need to worry about you standing in front of me in the near future.

Haven't heard anything about this in a while, but it looks like the practice bubble is complete:

http://blog.redskins.com/2012/05/03/redskins-practice-bubble-tattoo-pilates/

Looks great.

awesome update!

may even deserve it's own thread :)

People who just sit there, checking their phones and not making noise, while complaining about people who view the rare opportunity to actually be able to attend a game and cheer their team on as something special and exciting, make the team experience kind of suck.

I make plenty of noise yelling for the defense when they're on the field.......and somehow can pull this off while sitting down (at least while the play is in progress) so I don't inconvenience those in back of me........amazing concept, huh?

I make plenty of noise yelling for the defense when they're on the field.......and somehow can pull this off while sitting down (at least while the play is in progress) so I don't inconvenience those in back of me........amazing concept, huh?

I've had very few problems at games. I'm not a problem. I just get excited because it's a rare, special experience.

Archived