Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DDP: Approx 8 sections of seating removed in upper deck endzone - more removed as of 2012 DDP, LL Endzone in 2013

MarkB452

Which group got the biggest upgrade?  

301 members have voted

1. 1. Which group got the biggest upgrade?

This poll is closed to new votes

Sly/ Koolblue- I couldn't agree more. How fat and lazy has America gotten that standing is such an imposition.

I have even had someone grab my shirt and yank me down when I jumped up for a big play. I even told the guy that as I was on an aisle seat I would be happy to jump stand into the stair area but he should have that conversation with me not just grab me.

Tshile- I feel like it is rude for people to make me sit. Look I have all the respect for seniors but if you cant get up and down for big plays then you need to get seating of which there is plenty that is not in those sections that requires many rows of people to do what you want and not what they want. Demanding other people sit is just as rude as if I demanded you to stand and cheer for the defense.

The we want Dallas video from RFK did not come from people sitting.

It's three hours at a football game. It's super exciting. I usually lose my voice from supporting our defense. If you want to sit around and not cheer, why the hell are you even at the game anyway?

*yes, if you're old, a small child or handicapped, it's a different story*

i said:

"it's one thing to stand when there's a big play happening"

i'm clearly talking about the people who stand through the entire game and inconvenience an entire group of people behind them for 3 hours simply because they feel like standing.

if you want to stand that's fine. but do so in a way that doesn't inconvenience an entire group of people behind you for 3 hours. that''s rude and obnoxious. those people paid good money to sit where they are and you're ruining the experience for them. if that means you (as in one person) are inconvenienced for the greater good because you're asked not to stand for 3 hours then so be it. sorry if you don't understand common courtesy.

---------- Post added May-3rd-2012 at 10:23 AM ----------

i also love how saying standing for 3 hours is annoying has turned into you guys claiming i don't cheer for the team or something.

because i guess thats what i said, that everyone should sit quietly and show no emotion...

---------- Post added May-3rd-2012 at 10:26 AM ----------

also you should go to a caps game sometime. where the rule is to sit down and sit back so everyone can comfortably enjoy the game.

yeah, real lack of excitement in the verizon center because everyone is sitting. damn boring lazy people, if only they would stand then the place would be a crazy game day experience.

Ah the ole sit v stand debate. Clearly there are appropriate times to stand, but most of the time sitting is the right thing to do. Trouble is, there's always gonna be that tough guy, whose gonna show you how he's a better fan than anyone else around him bc he's gonna stand the entire game. 'If people don't like it, they can go **** themselves', thinks the tough guy; bc he's the most passionate fan in the stadium. It's this guy who makes it hard for smart fans who want to stand on big plays and at the right times.

To those who say standing at anytime is ok bc that's how they do it at college games, well that's only about 15% true. The student sections usually stand the entire game, but not the other 85% of the patronage. The regular patrons tend to stand and sit at the appropriate times.

i said:

"it's one thing to stand when there's a big play happening"

i'm clearly talking about the people who stand through the entire game and inconvenience an entire group of people behind them for 3 hours simply because they feel like standing.

if you want to stand that's fine. but do so in a way that doesn't inconvenience an entire group of people behind you for 3 hours. that''s rude and obnoxious. those people paid good money to sit where they are and you're ruining the experience for them. if that means you (as in one person) are inconvenienced for the greater good because you're asked not to stand for 3 hours then so be it. sorry if you don't understand common courtesy.

---------- Post added May-3rd-2012 at 10:23 AM ----------

i also love how saying standing for 3 hours is annoying has turned into you guys claiming i don't cheer for the team or something.

because i guess thats what i said, that everyone should sit quietly and show no emotion...

---------- Post added May-3rd-2012 at 10:26 AM ----------

also you should go to a caps game sometime. where the rule is to sit down and sit back so everyone can comfortably enjoy the game.

yeah, real lack of excitement in the verizon center because everyone is sitting. damn boring lazy people, if only they would stand then the place would be a crazy game day experience.

Don't go to a playoff game.... people stand a lot more, like entire PP of PK, half a period, an OT.....

I stand because I'm excited. It doesn't make me a tough guy. It makes me happy to be there and I get charged. I try and sit, but like I said, I get excited. Every play is exciting to me, especially on defense when our team needs us.

If I get to go to another game, I'll go to the area I can stand so I don't piss off the people who don't get excited except for big plays. Quiet stadiums are pathetic.

I am a stand at certain times guy but my point is I think it is fine to do what you want and noone has the right to be pissy either way. You can stand or sit as you feel best. If you are picking seats and have a strong preference then I think you have to factor that in. We didnt design the seats and the dream seat issue or anything else.

That being said if someone behind me makes a reasonable request I am more than happy to do it. Just dont yell like a jerk.

Yeah the standing because of the dream seats is completely understandable. It actually hints to the exact problem the rest of us are discussing - something blocks your view and forces you to stand when there would otherwise be no reason to stand.

Quiet stadiums are pathetic.

:ols: at this logic. Thats exactly what we're all asking for - a quiet stadium. :doh:

Sly/ Koolblue- I couldn't agree more. How fat and lazy has America gotten that standing is such an imposition.

I have even had someone grab my shirt and yank me down when I jumped up for a big play. I even told the guy that as I was on an aisle seat I would be happy to jump stand into the stair area but he should have that conversation with me not just grab me.

Tshile- I feel like it is rude for people to make me sit. Look I have all the respect for seniors but if you cant get up and down for big plays then you need to get seating of which there is plenty that is not in those sections that requires many rows of people to do what you want and not what they want. Demanding other people sit is just as rude as if I demanded you to stand and cheer for the defense.

The we want Dallas video from RFK did not come from people sitting.

I'm not calling you a liar... but I find it hard to believe that a Redskins fan grabbed your shirt and pulled you down after a big play at FedEx field. I just don't believe you.

Don't go to a playoff game.... people stand a lot more, like entire PP of PK, half a period, an OT.....

oh, you mean they stand at critical moments?

sounds like they're standing at appropriate times

(i've been to playoff games)

standing (in general) is stupid. if everyone sits everyone can see and be comfortable. but then you have some jackass who decides that he's more important than everyone else and stands, forcing the people behind him to stand, forcing the people behind them to stand, etc until you've created this triangle behind the original jackass of people standing because they otherwise wouldn't be able to see.

and, despite the suggestions of some in this thread, sitting does not mean you cannot talk, it doesn't mean you cannot yell, it doesn't mean you cannot be excited.

it also doesn't mean you can't stand in excitement when a big play happens. no one is trying to ruin your fun or your ability to cheer for the team. they're simply asking that you don't ruin everyone elses fun.

it's kind of like when you tell people that yelling and screaming when your team is on offense is dumb and doesn't help the team... and they counter with 'i'm a fan, i'm cheering, you're trying to ruin my fun. quiet stadiums are pathetic'. it's just :silly:

I was certainly pulled down by my Redskins shirt by a guy in a redskins jacket! He was older but not sure if he was a senior but more than that he was very overweight. I am overweight as well but I think that factored into his sitting needs. He told me " ohh no you are not gonna be jumping up all game".

Was furious but what could I do. He then lectured me that he was a season ticket holder and I was not blah...blah blah.

I just got season tickets this year for the first time and I am nervous who my neighbors will be. Is that silly?

Yeah, that's pretty silly. There's no reason to be nervous. I've been relocated a few times, and sat in random seats, and never had a problem with people. You'll definitely have some people that annoy you with certain things, but that's to be expected when you're sitting around 30 strangers.

And if another person in the stadium touches you like that, you need to report it to the stadium staff. While I think the idea of standing teh entire game is obnoxious and rude (you said you just like standing at certain times, thats of course fine) that doesn't give anyone the right to grab you by your jersey and yank you down.

I still have doubts that it happened that way, but thats neither here nor there at this point. No one has the right to do that and you can report people to the ushers or by texting your section, row, and seat number to 78247

Someone will be with you immediately, especially if it concerns someting like that.

To give you an idea i texted them that the speakers for our section were way out of balance and overly loud (causing most people in the section to sit with their hands over their ears) and they fixed it within 5 minutes, then sent someone over to my seat to verify that everyone was happy with the volume. That number does work. Keep it in your phone you never know when you may need it.

It's happened to me.

With the amount of good news we've had on the field the last several years... I doubt someone would spend time yanking on the shirt of the guy in front of him after a sack/touchdown/int. Maybe it was something else that was upsetting them if it DID happen.

Hopefully your experience will be a little bit better this next season.

I was certainly pulled down by my Redskins shirt by a guy in a redskins jacket! He was older but not sure if he was a senior but more than that he was very overweight. I am overweight as well but I think that factored into his sitting needs. He told me " ohh no you are not gonna be jumping up all game".

Was furious but what could I do. He then lectured me that he was a season ticket holder and I was not blah...blah blah.

I just got season tickets this year for the first time and I am nervous who my neighbors will be. Is that silly?

No need to be nervous....just be respectful to other fans. The usher may stop by and ask you to sit most of the time. I've seen this happen. I am with tshile on this. No one is going to stop you from standing at exciting moments or crucial 3rd down plays on defense. But being drunk and standing all game long is not fair to those behind you. Several years ago, I came to the defense of a VERY elderly man and woman who asked politely the jerk in front of him if he could sit most of the time. The old man even said he had no problem with the guy standing on exciting plays. This young drunk 20 something started to give him a bunch of crap until I intervened. I'm a very big dude and I got pissy with him. He backed off. And he did sit most of the time.

The irony of this story....the young drunk 20 something was passed out in his seat late in the third quarter and completely missed the exciting Skins 4th quarter comeback. Idiot.

Bottom line...be respectful. There is a reason why there are seats in any stadium. No one is saying you can never stand. Some day you may be a grandfather with your kids at a game and your arthritic knees and/or hips may not let you bounce up and down in your seat any more.

Definitely don't be nervous. I've ironically sat next to the same two cats each year (and we've both down the auto upgrade) for the last three. They are very cool and we get along well. Just make sure you aren't the guy who shows up obliterated every game. It's annoying to those who don't drink. Not saying to not have a good time, but no one likes a sloppy fan.

Congrats on getting tickets though! I think you'll love it.

Yeah the drinking thing is another touchy subject with a lot of people. Drink and have fun, just don't go overboard. And there's a clear difference between getting riled up and cheering/yelling for your team a bit more because you've had a few, and falling down the aisle and breaking your face because you had way too many (this happened right in front of us last year... it was hard to watch... very disturbing what happened to that guy)

The line is different for everyone. Just make sure you know yours and try to stay on the other side of it :) It'll be better for everyone around you.

Yeah the drinking thing is another touchy subject with a lot of people. Drink and have fun, just don't go overboard. And there's a clear difference between getting riled up and cheering/yelling for your team a bit more because you've had a few, and falling down the aisle and breaking your face because you had way too many (this happened right in front of us last year... it was hard to watch... very disturbing what happened to that guy)

The line is different for everyone. Just make sure you know yours and try to stay on the other side of it :) It'll be better for everyone around you.

I have a great video on my old phone from the Jets game. There was this guy who looked like a member of the Rolling Stones... he was running up and down the seats and touching Redskins fans... I started filming him after I texted security (the ONLY time I've ever done so) so that I could show these guys what he was doing. He was totally insane and smelled like a Brewery.

No one likes that guy. Not even if he is in BNG.

An annoying lady behind me in Tampa once asked me to sit back in my seat so she could see over me during the playoff game in 05. I was already sitting in my seat when she asked, but I was leaning forward with my elbows on my knees. She wanted me to put my back against the backrest. I thought her request to be absurd considering my stadium ediquite is generally pretty good. I was not standing at inappropriate times, I don't leave/return to my seat while play is in motion, nor do I use abusive language.

The other night at Nats Park I saw a family of four standing at their seats for at a least full minute while play was in motion. This was about 15 rows behind the dugout where its actually somewhat crowded in that place. The dad was on his cell phone as he and the other standing members of the family waived their arms in the air toward their friends in the outfield yelling "see us? see us?" as if trying to summon a distant ship on the horizon. You'd think it was 1998 and that family had just bought their first cell phone, amazed at its remote capability. People behind them started yelling for them to sit down. When the dad (with his back turned to the game) finally put down his phone, he realized people were yelling at him so he started to get attitude. Fortunately, he quickly realized why people were pissed so he sat down. You could just tell these people weren't regular sports fans.

The dad was on his cell phone as he and the other standing members of the family waived their arms in the air toward their friends in the outfield yelling "see us? see us?" .

Man I hate that worse than anything. Leave your damn phone in the car. It's like they are there to be seen, not to watch the game. I've seen people just text through whole drives. WTF??

The other night at Nats Park I saw a family of four standing at their seats for at a least full minute while play was in motion. This was about 15 rows behind the dugout where its actually somewhat crowded in that place. The dad was on his cell phone as he and the other standing members of the family waived their arms in the air toward their friends in the outfield yelling "see us? see us?" as if trying to summon a distant ship on the horizon. You'd think it was 1998 and that family had just bought their first cell phone, amazed at its remote capability. People behind them started yelling for them to sit down. When the dad (with his back turned to the game) finally put down his phone, he realized people were yelling at him so he started to get attitude. Fortunately, he quickly realized why people were pissed so he sat down. You could just tell these people weren't regular sports fans.

This is your "transient" sports fan. Was this the first Bryce Harper home game? They probably went just to say they were there. I remember this being a big problem at Orioles games during the mid-late 90's. I remember living in Georgia in '97 during their last good sesaon and the big knock on Camden Yards was the "cell phone-business deal" atmosphere that was there.

Guys, this is the Capital of the free world. It is what it is. I'd love to chase these guys out too and have just a bunch of meat loving DMV-ers out at the Redskins games making noise... but the nature of the beast is, these guys pay money, they are going to get seats.

I have a great video on my old phone from the Jets game. There was this guy who looked like a member of the Rolling Stones... he was running up and down the seats and touching Redskins fans... I started filming him after I texted security (the ONLY time I've ever done so) so that I could show these guys what he was doing. He was totally insane and smelled like a Brewery.

No one likes that guy. Not even if he is in BNG.

Since we seem to be sharing drunken idiot stories....two years ago, a very drunk idiot was returning at the end of the third quarter with two large beers. Being very coordinated and limber from all his previous drinking, he decided to step on the seat two seats away from me and step into his row behind me. He lost his balance (can't understand why after watching him drink for three quarters), dropped both beers on me and several other people and then knocked into his girlfriend who promptly dropped her two beers on others in their row and the row behind them. I would guess at least ten people got beer on them because of these two idiots. We got a drunken apology and they went off for more beer. Never saw them again the rest of the game.

I'm not calling you a liar... but I find it hard to believe that a Redskins fan grabbed your shirt and pulled you down after a big play at FedEx field. I just don't believe you.

I do. In fact, if that's the only thing that happens if you go to a game at Fed Ex, I would have actually enjoyed myself. Fans are incredibly rude. I've had beer and food spilled on me, pushed over, had people scream in my ear, long string of cursing and vulgar language, had someone try to throw me out of line for the bathroom and nearly run me over with their car.

Fans at Fed Ex are the primary reason I don't go to Redskins games.

Archived