Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DDP: Approx 8 sections of seating removed in upper deck endzone - more removed as of 2012 DDP, LL Endzone in 2013

MarkB452

Which group got the biggest upgrade?  

301 members have voted

1. 1. Which group got the biggest upgrade?

This poll is closed to new votes

Funny, as soon as Snyder tears out seats at FedEx, we have a team exciting enough to draw fans and probably fill 91,000 seats. They really need to put something where the old seats used to be, though. It looked really bush league on Monday night with the bare support beams up there.

Maybe some giant banners so when the blimp flys over you see a giant arrow or Redskin logo from the sky.

Maybe some giant banners so when the blimp flys over you see a giant arrow or Redskin logo from the sky.

I think those beams will be removed once it's deemed that it's a safe, structurally sound move. If not, I'm sure there is something along these lines that's been planned out. I know there is no way whoever was in charge of this thing has the exposed-skeleton planned as part of the stadium.

What exactly did that entail for the Cubs, and what do you mean by 'getting in touch with their ticket office' for the Redskins?

Ever since the Cubs got new ownership, they've been on a mission to get their fans into the best seats. They somehow managed to figure out which season ticket accounts are owned by scalpers and sent them friendly letters saying, "Your season tickets wont be renewed." I wish the Redskins would do the same, and actually get good season tickets into the hands of fans that might be in the upper deck but are actually showing up for 5-6 games a season and maybe selling a couple of games to friends. If scalpers want to buy up and sell up the top rows of the upper deck, more power to them, but its sickening to see huge patches of visiting fans in the best seats at FedEx.

There is nothing you can do against opposing fans coming to games. It happens to every team in every sport no matter how historic (Packers) the team is or big the stadium is

Fanbases in football travel extremely well (we have home games basically in CAR and TB)

As long as ppl have money to pay, the other team will be represented

Unless you just want to become Philly 2.0 and just scare fans from ever coming

There is nothing you can do against opposing fans coming to games. It happens to every team in every sport no matter how historic (Packers) the team is or big the stadium is

Fanbases in football travel extremely well (we have home games basically in CAR and TB)

As long as ppl have money to pay, the other team will be represented

Unless you just want to become Philly 2.0 and just scare fans from ever coming

Even Philly has visiting fan issues now. People are losing the fear of Philly, because Philly has gotten soft.

Ever since the Cubs got new ownership, they've been on a mission to get their fans into the best seats.

Sounds like PR spin from the Cubs.

The Redskins revoked several long time ST accounts from the Washington Post back in the mid 2000s. The team claimed they had proof the seats were being resold for profit. Others suggested it was merely Snyder feuding with the Post. Either way, the Redskins wanted the seats back for their own profit margin to increase. Can't blame them for that. The seats were good, lower level, sideline locations.

Given the current ticket sales climate in American pro sports today, I don't envision many teams getting into the act of revoking ST ticket accounts to 'help the fans'.

Anybody can buy tickets to any game they want in 2012. This is a good thing for fans, bc it gives us more choices. There's nothing anybody can do to stop it.

Sounds like PR spin from the Cubs.

The Redskins revoked several long time ST accounts from the Washington Post back in the mid 2000s. The team claimed they had proof the seats were being resold for profit. Others suggested it was merely Snyder feuding with the Post. Either way, the Redskins wanted the seats back for their own profit margin to increase. Can't blame them for that. The seats were good, lower level, sideline locations.

Given the current ticket sales climate in American pro sports today, I don't envision many teams getting into the act of revoking ST ticket accounts to 'help the fans'.

Anybody can buy tickets to any game they want in 2012. This is a good thing for fans, bc it gives us more choices. There's nothing anybody can do to stop it.

On the contrary if you have a legitimate waiting list for season ticket plans (as the Cubs do), it makes a lot of sense to revoke the accounts because there is a long line of people waiting for those seats. The Redskins don't have that luxury at the present moment, so I agree completely.

The story I commonly hear from older Redskins season ticket holders is that once the team moved to the new stadium, a few people canceled their ST accounts and the people that started showing up were opposing fans or drunks who go once a year. This, in turn, ruined their own fan experience and made their own season tickets less meaningful to them... so more people canceled their tickets and exacerbated the problem.

I agree with you that in the modern NFL opposing fans will always find tickets to games (heck you could clearly make out cheers when the Giants played at Lambeau in the playoffs last year), but once the Redskins actually play in an appropriately-sized stadium, it actually makes a ton of sense to do something to deliver the highest-level fan experience for the people who show up.

The Cubs have no reason to put PR spin on their practices as they've openly worked with ticket brokers for years to implement their dynamic pricing strategies.

• 4 months later...

I guess it wouldn't be a DDP if we came into the stadium and did not see a bunch of missing seats. This year it was the endzone seats on the side of the field where the teams come out of the tunnel. The dream seats along both sidelines and the ones in the endzone between the tunnels had been pulled forward. The ones in the endzone were covered wtih a black tarp which was used to separate the crowd from the stage and the areas to the side of that.

Anybody know what's going on? Is this is preparation for resodding the field?

I guess it wouldn't be a DDP if we came into the stadium and did not see a bunch of missing seats. This year it was the endzone seats on the side of the field where the teams come out of the tunnel. The dream seats along both sidelines and the ones in the endzone between the tunnels had been pulled forward. The ones in the endzone were covered wtih a black tarp which was used to separate the crowd from the stage and the areas to the side of that.

The dream seats are removed for soccer games each offseason. I'm not sure why they were pulled away from their normal locations yesterday, yet not fully removed from the field. It didn't look permanent to me.

Grant Paulsen reported that the new concrete drainage lines ran directly under some dream seats. My guess they were pulled out to dig and lay the concrete slabs for the drainage.

Archived