Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DDP: Approx 8 sections of seating removed in upper deck endzone - more removed as of 2012 DDP, LL Endzone in 2013

MarkB452

Which group got the biggest upgrade?  

301 members have voted

1. 1. Which group got the biggest upgrade?

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm more interested in what is happening on the Loge level, and if there will be any Loge seats next year or if it's just becoming more luxury suites or a luxury suite "lounge" area.

I have to think that some sort of platform, which could potentially hold a bar area, behind the FedExField fence is probably in the works. I would imagine they removed the additional seats this season for some reason. Its just surprising that (from the SOW post, anyway) there doesn't seem to be much visual evidence of it yet. There's about 2.5 months left before the first preseason game.

I knew when they left several rows open without the seats that they were going to construct something similar to the club level SRO there. Its kind of surprising that they didn't have it in place last season.

>> Found several articles mentioning the 34 cents on the dollar rule:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/09/jaguars-lift-blackout-but-game-is-not-sold-out/

Thanks a lot. The NBC one is pretty blunt (which I like):

Every NFL team is free to use that tactic to put its games on local television, but teams rarely if ever acknowledge that that’s what they’re doing. The teams that do buy back their own tickets don’t want fans to get used to the idea that they can watch every home game on TV even if the game isn’t sold out, and the teams that don’t buy back their own tickets don’t want fans to realize that they’re too cheap to take the necessary step to get their games on TV.

That's interesting, and telling. Thanks for the info.

Very bush league with the iron skeleton visible. They should put up banners over the iron beams: "Hail to the Redskins" on one end and "Five Time NFL Champions: 1937 - 1942 - 1982 - 1987 - 1991" on the other. Would give the stadium some character IMO

Very bush league with the iron skeleton visible. They should put up banners over the iron beams: "Hail to the Redskins" on one end and "Five Time NFL Champions: 1937 - 1942 - 1982 - 1987 - 1991" on the other. Would give the stadium some character IMO

Exactly. It looks terrible in its current state. Even if they sell advertising banners up there.

I saw the party decks in the upper level tonight and it looks like the ones in the club level. Just standing room area basically
Is there any work going on behind the standing platforms that appear to be exactly what is in the club?

Everyone who is complaining about the structural beams still being place have to understand what a massive undertaking removing those is going to be. They are support beams. If you take one out, the whole upper-level may collaps and you don't have a stadium. It's going to be a giant math problem to get rid of those... but I am sure they will eventually.

I do think a half-roof would be an outstanding edition, but unlikely as we are in the last 10 or so years of the life of this stadium.

From what I saw early in the soccer game last night, the party decks did look just like the ones on the club level as a few have said before. It's still amazing how they've narrowed the upper level by a few more sections along the sidelines. It'll be interesting come upgrade time.

You beat me to it by 5 minutes DC9. People think this stuff happens overnight. I don't get folks like that. I doubt the metal frame is coming down. More likely, they will put up banners to cover them some. I was told they are looking into adding solar panels also.

I am disappointed if all they are going to do is replicate the party decks on the club level. I expected something more befitting a "party" deck.

I am disappointed if all they are going to do is replicate the party decks on the club level. I expected something more befitting a "party" deck.

That appears to be EXACTLY what they've done. I took this picture last night at the soccer game. You can see the UD sections have gotten standing room inserts that are identical to what's in the club level. I'd say they're finished with them, as people are in the picture standing at them:

2iat0ea.jpg

I also went to the soccer game last night and noticed the standing room only seats look complete. I have seats in section 446 row 18 and there are only 14 rows now in that section. I spoke to the ticket office earlier this month and they said that my seats would still be there. Total BS there gone and wont tell me where my seats are now. They have our money for 6 seats and two parking passes. You would think they would treat us better! :mad:

I also went to the soccer game last night and noticed the standing room only seats look complete. I have seats in section 446 row 18 and there are only 14 rows now in that section. I spoke to the ticket office earlier this month and they said that my seats would still be there. Total BS there gone and wont tell me where my seats are now. They have our money for 6 seats and two parking passes. You would think they would treat us better! :mad:
Be patient, they will likely add a few rows of seats back. They had to remove more rows of seats than they did concrete to avoid destroying seats. Same thing happened last year.

Be patient, they will likely add a few rows of seats back. They had to remove more rows of seats than they did concrete to avoid destroying seats. Same thing happened last year.

No way......if the concrete where his seats used to be is gone, they are gone forever. The areas where the seats were removed and the concrete remained last year are now where the party decks are, and that area does not go up to row 18.

No way......if the concrete where his seats used to be is gone, they are gone forever. The areas where the seats were removed and the concrete remained last year are now where the party decks are, and that area does not go up to row 18.
My mom's seats were moved last year from the year before. I think they're going to move hers over closer to the 50.

If his seats don't come back... then he will have better seats (as pj is saying). No one to my knowledge was put in worse seats than they were in prior to the construction in the end zone. I actually moved four sections closer to the 50 and was tickled pink.

Cheap tickets were not hard to come by last season. You even got to sit down.

I actually gave one away for free here...I'm sure I'm not the only one.

well duh but removing all those seats were going to make it a little harder but not anymore lol

If his seats don't come back... then he will have better seats (as pj is saying). No one to my knowledge was put in worse seats than they were in prior to the construction in the end zone. I actually moved four sections closer to the 50 and was tickled pink.

We were in the endzone to the right of the back pilon the first year. Last year we were on about the 10 yard line. They are moving her again close to the 50 this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived