Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DDP: Approx 8 sections of seating removed in upper deck endzone - more removed as of 2012 DDP, LL Endzone in 2013

MarkB452

Which group got the biggest upgrade?  

301 members have voted

1. 1. Which group got the biggest upgrade?

This poll is closed to new votes

I will probably be up there more often then not. I hate sitting at the games. I hate people who ask me to sit during games.

Anybody else think that they ought to remove the upper level support beams that extend past the standing area? If they can anyway. I think it's unsightly, and it would be best to just cut them off or whatever they have to do.

I doubt they can just cut them out for safety reasons. That infrastructure helps hold everything together. I know last year there was talk of adding more solar panels to the stadium. Seems that area would be a good location if they have the right angles for collecting solar. Hopefully, they at least put up banners or some type of covering. It is unsightly as is.

Those aren't seats noone wanted. There were plenty of people who sat there and wanted to stay there.

You might not find the seats appealing, but that doesn't mean everyone else hated them to. For some of us they were cheap tickets that allowed us to go to the game.

Those aren't seats noone wanted. There were plenty of people who sat there and wanted to stay there.

You might not find the seats appealing, but that doesn't mean everyone else hated them to. For some of us they were cheap tickets that allowed us to go to the game.

Agreed. I was disappointed when they tore them out last year, I love the views from the endzones and being able to watch the play develop. As a first year season ticket holder this year I would of much rather had those seats than the sideline seats I have now, but I do realize that I'm in the minority on that. Not complaining about my seats on the 30 yd line but I would take endzone seats everyday of the week.

Agreed. I was disappointed when they tore them out last year, I love the views from the endzones and being able to watch the play develop. As a first year season ticket holder this year I would of much rather had those seats than the sideline seats I have now, but I do realize that I'm in the minority on that. Not complaining about my seats on the 30 yd line but I would take endzone seats everyday of the week.

Well then, count me in the minority as well. When I had season tickets, they were in the Upper Deck End Zone, and I loved it. I enjoyed seeing the play develop and being able to see all of the field and the routes that are being run. I've never really understood the fascination with 50 yd line seats in the lower level.. When a team is in the Red Zone, you can't see anything. The only thing I couldn't see was if they were in the corner of the end zone. Anyway-back to the topic.

So basically they just took out the seats nobody wanted and put in those party decks? Hopefully they don't oversell them. $29 is dirt cheap for a game, but it could become a **** show with a bunch of drunks packed into that thing.

How can they oversell them when they have assigned seats? These are not true general admission party decks...you get an assigned "seat" - a spot. And - in true Redskins fashion - they managed to screw up this relatively simple charge. Each "row" has TWO spots. So, if you are in the "rear" spot in any given row, you get no table top for drinks, and you have some dude standing directly in front of you - with no elevation - the entire game. Not worth 29 bucks for half of all the "party deck" spots.

Doesn't sound like much of a party to me. They really should have just been general admission areas.

How can they oversell them when they have assigned seats? These are not true general admission party decks...you get an assigned "seat" - a spot. And - in true Redskins fashion - they managed to screw up this relatively simple charge. Each "row" has TWO spots. So, if you are in the "rear" spot in any given row, you get no table top for drinks, and you have some dude standing directly in front of you - with no elevation - the entire game. Not worth 29 bucks for half of all the "party deck" spots.

Doesn't sound like much of a party to me. They really should have just been general admission areas.

I agree CL......expecting that two people are going to stand in the same "row spot" in the standing room only row just seems ludicrous to me. Admittedly I haven't pay much attention during games to the club SRO situation, but can't recall noticing this phenomenon. I know the pictures of the upper deck SROs we've seen indicate the seating rows that were taken out to make room for the SRO rows, but they should've just named the SRO rows SR1, SR2, etc.

can you buy them online?

You could if you had the offer on your account, but it seems to be gone now. Might have sold them out, although last time I looked they were offering row 11 far over in the corner.

---------- Post added June-30th-2012 at 10:34 AM ----------

You can still buy online if you have an account - now offering in 437(11), 438 (9), and 440 (11) for a pair.

• 4 weeks later...

Here are some pics of the finished product as seen on Redskins.com today.

Looks pretty sharp IMO. A sign of progress toward a reasonably sized venue for this market.

[ATTACH]47050[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]47050[/ATTACH][ATTACH]47049[/ATTACH]

Here are some pics of the finished product as seen on Redskins.com today.

Looks pretty sharp IMO. A sign of progress toward a reasonably sized venue for this market.

[ATTACH]47050[/ATTACH][ATTACH]47049[/ATTACH]

Not a fan of the look. I don't mind removing the seats just wish the end result looked nicer and was a greater benefit to the fans.

That club level just looks horrible with the patchwork of gold and burgundy seats.

Have to say I am disappointed in what the party deck became. Sure had a totally different idea when it first leaked out. Really nothing more than a way for Dan Snyder to remove seats and avoid empty seats and blackouts. I had also hoped they would put up some kind of banners to hide the stadium skeleton. Maybe that will still happen.....

What a joke. Even though I and many others believed the "upgrades" were all a way to avoid blackouts and remove seats, I at least thought the would look slightly better.

The entire thing was an absolute disaster from beginning to end.

Those same pics were posted in this thread on June 12th, so they aren't new.

S&S, agree about the club level mishmash of red and yellow looking like crap. And I knew they were going to do the tiered SRO in the uppers based on them leaving the empty rows without seats. However, if this is all they plan to do up there, it begs the question of why the SROs weren't installed before the beginning of the 2011 season. They got the club SROs done prior to the 2010 season in no time.

The "party decks" are an absolute joke. What kind of "party" has no chairs, and assigned seats? Making each level two assigned rows - with the back row having a view completely obstructed by the guy standing in front of you - was a moronic idea that is hard to comprehend.

These should have been completely general admission areas. Probably will end up being that way once enough pissed off ticket buyers complain - kind of like how the "cave" seats in the 200 level started out as full price tickets with no indications of obstruction.

At $29 per game, it is a bargain for those who can stand all game long. I don't think the two rows will be a big issue. People can move around some to watch between heads and I doubt they will be packed in for most games. People will move around to find empty spots.

I had a completely different idea of how these would look. I was expecting one big section with standing room and a couple bars. More like a pavilion than rows of standing spots. Oh well...if it helps more people afford to go to games and helps avoid blackouts, that's fine I guess.

Exactly. Bars, general admission...you know, a PARTY area.

Assigned seating and half of the seats being obstructed doesnt sound like much of a party.

I still can't comprehend how they could screw this idea up so thoroughly.

I know in the club level party decks you dont want to be in the Odd rows as you would be standing directly behind someone, but with these 3 sections of standing room only in the upper deck, it looks like you want Rows 9, 11 and 13 vs. 10, 12 and 14.... would suck to be staring at the back at someones head the entire game. Anyone have any insight on this?

Can you explain this to me in any more detail? Because when I see the picture I see 410 (13-14) why does that appear as if 13 stands behind 14. I purchased 10 tickets in Row 11 by the way.

Archived