Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DDP: Approx 8 sections of seating removed in upper deck endzone - more removed as of 2012 DDP, LL Endzone in 2013

MarkB452

Which group got the biggest upgrade?  

301 members have voted

1. 1. Which group got the biggest upgrade?

This poll is closed to new votes

Petty much. Anyone at that final Dallas game in 05 can attest to that. One of the wildest live sporting events I've been too,(and I've been to some wild ones).
You mean 07? The final home game in 05 was the Giants, followed by the road clincher in Philly (gotta say, nothing like clinching a playoff spot on the road and being there live). The 07 season finale was Dallas in the rain.

That's because the Nats are a young and upcoming team who are winning a lot more than they are losing. I've always said that if the Skins are winning and playoff bound, FedEx Field becomes a lot more fun and attractive. What happens on the field makes the positive memories. RFK was a dump. But it was a loveable dump because the Redskins won games and Super Bowls.

Exactly. There's always gonna be the FedEx haters, but if the Skins start winning more over the next decade people are going to warm up to it.

You mean 07? The final home game in 05 was the Giants, followed by the road clincher in Philly (gotta say, nothing like clinching a playoff spot on the road and being there live). The 07 season finale was Dallas in the rain.

:doh: No. I meant the final game against Dallas in 05. You know. 35-7.

:doh: No. I meant the final game against Dallas in 05. You know. 35-7.

yeah, I'm a "casual" fan :rolleyes:

There is nothing that irritates me more than the term "true fan" and this arbitrary you-don't-do-what-I-do-so-you're-not-a-true-fan garbage. I am going to stop there before I go on a rant that is likely to get me banned...

Agreed.

I'm a HUGE skins fan...but I hate FedEx. You couldn't pay me to go to a game there. Getting in/out sucks. I don't want to waste 6-8 hours out of my day for the "fan experience." Not worth it to me. I'd much rather watch the games from the comfort of my own home (or at a friends house).

I like going to Wizards/Caps games because I can get out of the arena, back to my car, and will be on the highway within 10 minutes. It's a serious pain getting out to FedEx and if..and I mean IF the Skins come back to DC, I'll reconsider attending games in person.

Until then, I'm fine with what I do.

PCS tended bar just like this at that game!

****tail had to have been one of the most ignorant movies that was ever put on film. That was truly 90 minutes of my life I'll never get back and at one time I wanted to sue the producer, studio and Mr. Scientology himself for my 90 minutes back. That scene in and of itself has got to be the worst thought up scene in the history of movie making.

****tail had to have been one of the most ignorant movies that was ever put on film. That was truly 90 minutes of my life I'll never get back and at one time I wanted to sue the producer, studio and Mr. Scientology himself for my 90 minutes back. That scene in and of itself has got to be the worst thought up scene in the history of movie making.

Yeah the movie sucked, but you should see PCS behind a bar cutting loose like that!! Can't wait till he makes it out here again to do that.

:ols: Thanks. About 12-15 of us,(mostly bartenders),went and saw the movie when it first came out. Not that long afterwards,you couldn't get any of us to admit we did that. Seemed like most of our customers for the next year did though. Kept telling us as we made drinks behind the bar "Dude that's just like ****tai." "Trying to be like Cruise huh?" and other assorted dumb **** like that. Wasn't like were weren't doing a lot of those silly tricks long before the movie came out or anything. :rolleyes: Oh. And we actually charged for the drinks too. ;)

I for one hope the skins stay where they are now for a good long time. :2cents:

Same here!

Yeah the movie sucked, but you should see PCS behind a bar cutting loose like that!! Can't wait till he makes it out here again to do that.

Maybe PCS will remember to bring a jacket this time!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very pleased with the upper standing room. View's great from row 9 - absolutely no obstructions below even if people are standing.

Only potential negative is that the spaces seem to be measured out fairly narrowly. Not a problem with lots of no shows today, and I'm guessing not every single person will show in the row even during the regular season.

And the party decks were fairly full compared to the upper deck in general. I was impressed with how many people were standing up there during the first half. Thinned out in the second half. Folks probably took over empty seats. Lots to choose from in the upperdeck. And some on the lower level as well. Game was not as well attended as I thought it would be for Griffin's first game.

---------- Post added August-25th-2012 at 10:51 PM ----------

Let me also add that I like the new digital ribbon boards. They really seem to liven up the stadium even with the advertising. The bright colors and movement just seem to bring the stadium into the modern age. At times, they were also distracting. Will have to get used to them I suppose. But they are far superior to the old ugly flip boards we used to have. Definite improvement.

• 3 months later...

Funny, as soon as Snyder tears out seats at FedEx, we have a team exciting enough to draw fans and probably fill 91,000 seats. They really need to put something where the old seats used to be, though. It looked really bush league on Monday night with the bare support beams up there.

Funny, as soon as Snyder tears out seats at FedEx, we have a team exciting enough to draw fans and probably fill 91,000 seats. They really need to put something where the old seats used to be, though. It looked really bush league on Monday night with the bare support beams up there.

I think the skins would be better off with a 75,000 seat stadium or lower.

It's big enough to be filled with opposing fans. It will be interesting to see the crowd this week. The skins are exciting but the ravens are in easy driving distance.

Now that the team has "right-sized" the stadium I hope the next step is getting season ticket accounts (especially for lower bowl seats) into the hands of real fans that will actually come to the game. The Chicago Cubs just did a 'cleansing' of their season ticket accounts and the I hope the Redskins get in touch with their ticket office.

I saw a lot of blue on TV on Monday night (then again, Giants fans travel way better than any media coverage gives them credit for. I've heard way too much cheering for big Giants' plays during playoff games at Lambeau in recent years), and I'm expecting a pretty solid number of purple jerseys on TV on Sunday.

The Chicago Cubs just did a 'cleansing' of their season ticket accounts and the I hope the Redskins get in touch with their ticket office.

What exactly did that entail for the Cubs, and what do you mean by 'getting in touch with their ticket office' for the Redskins?

Archived