Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are We Showing Confidence in Grossman?

Chiefinonhaze

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The draft today means absolutely nothing about grossman other than those guys aren't better than him nor project to be better than him.

Skins have needs all over the roster.

QB is one of them.

It will be addressed. We still have free agency and next years draft to upgrade the QB position.

This is where the thread should have ended. You guys sound like a broken record being played by a blabbering, slobbering infant when it comes to our QB situation. Could it better? Of course it could. If the Shannys felt that one of the QBs in this draft class would fit their scheme, don't you think they'd go for him? Of course they would. This organization's approach to the draft is much more professional than in the past. It makes no sense to pick someone at a position so important as QB that may not, or probably doesn't fit the scheme well. Especially when we can address the MANY other needs that this team has. That's the definition of a wasted pick.

Why doesn't anyone understand that there was no way to rebuild this entire team in one draft year. So we draft a new QB, he comes to this team with a still lackluster o-line, no real weapons on WR, and a defense thats still learning. We draft some defensive players a NT and another CB, a new center and o line, and come next year we grab some offensive weapons. We can't fix 10 years of screw ups in 1 draft year.

Prediction: Gabbert = Colt Brennan. And right now, Colt Brennan = UFL. Let's not make that egregious mistake again with a wacky spread QB.

We can stay afloat and competitive with Rex (I'm sure he'll resign). I like the direction this team is heading. It isn't glamorous or popular, but I don't care. Shanny and Allen will right this ship.

I'm ecstatic.

If we stick with Grossman, we can rebuild our team the right way.

He is serviceable, he CAN win. He fits our current budget. This team HAS to pay for our past errors at QB (dumping Campbell, grabbing Mc5).

Be patient. We gutted last year, this year we are adding strength to the frame, next season...it starts paying off when we hang the walls and start painting.

Trust in Shanallen. They are righting the ship. It can't happen overnight. The "draft a saviour" approach has failed us in the past. This is a solid, measured, less risky---i.e. slower---fix.

HAIL IT OUT BEOTCH.

Why are we still discussing Jason Campbell?

Anyways, I was pretty sure the season had a 3-13 smell to it and with the present QB situation, there's no doubt

But I'd rather suck ass with a rookie QB than suck ass with Rex

Not at the cost of a first round draft pick I wouldn't.

I'm happy to see some love for Rex. It look me a while to warm up to him, honestly, but he showed promise last season. He knows the offense more than any other QB on our roster too. And, of course, he has been to a superbowl. Sure, the Bears had a great year, but you can't be totally inept to quarterback a superbowl team...think Dilfer.

Rex IS the best option we have this year to move forward with this team. Protect him, play good defense, and run the ball!:logo:

if we don't grab a QB, it's probably because we don't like any of them better than the players we can draft at other positions. And I'm okay with that, even though we clearly need to upgrade at QB.

What I'm okay with is:

1) It shows confidence by the front office in a more of a real, ground-up build rather than the glitz of what could be sold to the fans as a quick fix. Drafting a QB high is selling the fans on hope. We have done that over and over in the recent past.

2) It would also show some confidence, or at least confidence in a plan, with what we've got in the short term. Could be Grossman. Could be Beck... this guy was a 2nd round pick when he came out and they did sign him to a longer term contract after making the trade last season.

3) Shows that Shannahan is planning to stick around for a while. He isn't drafting desperate. And he so easily could have after last season, the McNabb screw up, etc.

if we don't grab a QB, it's probably because we don't like any of them better than the players we can draft at other positions. And I'm okay with that, even though we clearly need to upgrade at QB.

What I'm okay with is:

1) It shows confidence by the front office in a more of a real, ground-up build rather than the glitz of what could be sold to the fans as a quick fix. Drafting a QB high is selling the fans on hope. We have done that over and over in the recent past.

2) It would also show some confidence, or at least confidence in a plan, with what we've got in the short term. Could be Grossman. Could be Beck... this guy was a 2nd round pick when he came out and they did sign him to a longer term contract after making the trade last season.

3) Shows that Shannahan is planning to stick around for a while. He isn't drafting desperate. And he so easily could have after last season, the McNabb screw up, etc.

while thats true and im glad theres no "glitz", sometimes that glitz is warranted, especially due to the fact that we have major holes at glitz positions. im all for rebuilding, but you gotta have a QB to do so because QBs usually take more time than anybody. 1 pick should be spent on the future QB, and every other pick can go to BPA or anything else, but there has to be some light at the end of the tunnel, which a QB can provide. if we walk away from this draft with no QB, all were doing is conceding the season and making it even more blatantly obvious that were desperate for a QB.

again this is all for not if we snag dalton or mallet in round 2 today, but i just cant stomach rex grossman for 16 games. playing him is an utter waste of time because we all know there 0 chance of him being the future, and theres nobody waiting in the wings to even give a shot to. id rather lose with a rookie and go 2-14 than play rex grossman and win 5 games which is what hes worth.

Here is my problem.

In the last 20 years we have liked only 3 QB's enough to take them in the first round and all three of them busted out. We've made an art form of being wusses by betting against the position while using other teams throwaways to run this team. We never take a shot to find our guy, to find out what any of these QB's could do in this league, we just let other teams take the risk for us. That is a terrible way to find a QB, no guts no glory, and why I think we one day might find a QB in the draft and call him a Franchise guy but that day isn't not upon us yet and won't be this year. Without a QB your team will suck. Take all the bookend DL you want, take all the other positions you want, in the end you've not addressed the position that can lead you to the promised land. And now every year we go forward without a QB we can all look back over the careers of Gabbert, Ponder, and even maybe others and think of what might have been had we not played the "take no risk" game with this position.

In the end when you really know the answer to if a college QB was any good it's too late. The guys already shown you what he can do and Franchise QB's do not get let go of by their teams cheaply, just ask Chicago

None of the above. We might get Hasselback but don't count out McNabb as still being here even if he was benched. He said himself he wants to be back during last season. I haven't heard any reliable source that has said he wants a trade or be released. Shanahan, Allen, and Snyder haven't said that they don't want him back. All of this is pure speculation at this point. McNabb is still under contract and they gave up too much for him to just let him go. Look at Haynesworth and where he is when everyone said he was going to be traded last year. This isn't the Vinny "the Leaker" Cerrato redskins anymore. No one here or in the sports world has predicted anything the Redskins would do correctly. Everything is just rumor to this point. Can anyone produce a direct quote from Snyder, Allen, Shanahan, McNabb, or any other person that said they were going to trade or let go McNabb or any other player with the Redskins? No, because like I said it is all rumor and speculation.

I love how people count Grossman out, expecting some rookie QB to come in and be "the solution." Grossman, Beck, and McNabb combined are LOTS better than many other teams QB situations. I love how those same people will very often decry our draft strategy when we sell the farm to get "one guy." Who'd y'all want? Ponder at 10? PLEASE.

I'm guessing lots of those types are young guys who like buying the latest jersey, and to me, that approach is the equivalent of fool's gold.

NEWSFLASH: We're PROBABLY NOT going to the Superbowl this year. But by building this team right...and taking some lumps now...we can have solid players and depth...while using a QB with a Superbowl appearance, and NFC Championship, and a winning pedigree to captain our team while we beef up.

I'm proud of this disciplined, measured approach...Trent Williams, now Kerrigan. Workhorse guys, surefire starters, long term solutions at their positions.

I hope we grab OL, and DL, NT, or maybe CB with our next two picks. QB is clearly not our most glaring need.

I'm down with a complete 2011 tank job and then selecting Luck.

It sounds bad, I know, but how many **** years have we watched now already?

What's 1 more, and it's not like we'd have gone 13-3 and won a SB with Gabbert at QB. He's not going to be that good.

Just beat Dallas and Philly once and 2-14 should get us what we need.

I'm down with a complete 2011 tank job and then selecting Luck.

It sounds bad, I know, but how many **** years have we watched now already?

What's 1 more, and it's not like we'd have gone 13-3 and won a SB with Gabbert at QB. He's not going to be that good.

Just beat Dallas and Philly once and 2-14 should get us what we need.

yeah, and luck is just guaranteed to be a complete stud this year, just like locker was 2 years ago when he was considered the #1 overall player.

not a chance in hell shanny tanks this year or we come close to the 1st pick, we're not THAT bad. this is another 5-6 win season with no quarterback light at the end of the tunnel. its gonna be an ugly one for sure.

Archived