Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are We Showing Confidence in Grossman?

Chiefinonhaze

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

im seriously terrified at QB. im really upset that we passed on gabbert but shanny and allen clearly didnt like the guy. but theres only 2nd round projects left and the success rate for those is next to nil.

sadly it looks like were gonna go the whole year with rex friggin grossman with no viable answer at the QB of the future. while im glad we got an OLB and an extra 2nd rounder, QB is very important and right now we have 0 answer at that position.

Or our coaches/FO don't believe any of the QBs were worth taking when we had holes all over the roster and better players were available.

QB is the most important position on the field. It's unlikely we will have a game 1 starter found in the 2nd round or beyond.

This means we will either go with FA or draft a QB. If we don't use free agency, Grossman will be our day 1 starter(barring a Mcnabb intervention). Our Coaches may be impressed with his showing last year and consider him our guy.

---------- Post added April-29th-2011 at 12:05 AM ----------

im seriously terrified at QB. im really upset that we passed on gabbert but shanny and allen clearly didnt like the guy. but theres only 2nd round projects left and the success rate for those is next to nil.

sadly it looks like were gonna go the whole year with rex friggin grossman with no viable answer at the QB of the future. while im glad we got an OLB and an extra 2nd rounder, QB is very important and right now we have 0 answer at that position.

Ah I remember you. The infamous Jason Campbell hater.

Answer me this. Do you STILL believe we should have gotten rid of Campbell. We gave up a 2nd and a 4th round pick for Mcnabb, instead of keeping Campbell. Who BTW, led the Raiders to 8 wins last season, a Raiders team with about the same if not less talent level as us.

Ah I remember you. The infamous Jason Campbell hater.

Answer me this. Do you STILL believe we should have gotten rid of Campbell. We gave up a 2nd and a 4th round pick for Mcnabb, instead of keeping Campbell. Who BTW, led the Raiders to 8 wins last season, a Raiders team with about the same if not less talent level as us.

lol, campbell is a poor QB, just because he rode darren mcfadden to 8 wins means nothing. and somehow 8 wins is exciting? lol. and somehow shanny agreed with me and many others because he shipped him out of here ASAP, so i wasnt alone on that one. so yes i would get rid of him 100 times out of 100.

we still have no answer at QB regardless of previous QBs we've had, and today was a chance to get one. i trust shanny and allen but i just dont see a long term solution at QB right now. maybe we draft mallet or something tomorrow, but if we dont draft a young QB to groom, this is a wasted rebuilding season with no QB yet. i could live with rebuilding if i knew we had the offensive captain waiting in the wings, but going down with rex grossman while we build is gonna make for one boring crappy season.

lol, campbell is a poor QB, just because he rode darren mcfadden to 8 wins means nothing. and somehow 8 wins is exciting? lol. and somehow shanny agreed with me and many others because he shipped him out of here ASAP, so i wasnt alone on that one. so yes i would get rid of him 100 times out of 100.

we still have no answer at QB regardless of previous QBs we've had, and today was a chance to get one. i trust shanny and allen but i just dont see a long term solution at QB right now. maybe we draft mallet or something tomorrow, but if we dont draft a young QB to groom, this is a wasted rebuilding season with no QB yet. i could live with rebuilding if i knew we had the offensive captain waiting in the wings, but going down with rex grossman while we build is gonna make for one boring crappy season.

The Question was, would you rather have kept Campbell, or traded for Mcnabb. Campbell clearly outperformed Mcnabb last year. We could have gotten better performance from a QB 5-6 years younger, while also keeping a 2nd and 4th rounder. Hmmmm.

I know many Campbell haters, my best friend hated the guys on-field performance. But even HE, admits we should have kept Campbell while rebuilding. Your right, Campbell wasn't the answer(Even though I still have confidence in him). But he was the best option for us, IMO

Kyle will get his QB he wanted last offseason. Mark Bulger.

It's assumed he's headed to Arizona, but Bulger is near the end of his career and would likely take a little more dough to come to Washington. Resign Rex and allow him and Mark to compete for the job. This allows backup depth while still have Beck as the 3rd option

The Question was, would you rather have kept Campbell, or traded for Mcnabb. Campbell clearly outperformed Mcnabb last year. We could have gotten better performance from a QB 5-6 years younger, while also keeping a 2nd and 4th rounder. Hmmmm.

I know many Campbell haters, my best friend hated the guys on-field performance. But even HE, admits we should have kept Campbell while rebuilding. Your right, Campbell wasn't the answer(Even though I still have confidence in him). But he was the best option for us, IMO

the right move was to dump campbell, there was 0 confidence in him and he wanted out as much as they wanted him out. the mcnabb move was a mistake in hindsigh but at the time i was all for it. i dont think a lot of people expected him to come in here and severely underperform. i wasnt expecting philly 12 win seasons out of him but i expected more than a few wins. but either way, we just recouped the mcnabb pick tonight from the jags so its not that big a deal, plus we got a 4th rounder for campbell in the next draft.

the bigger point is we have no answer at QB, and it should be scaring everybody. unless shanny has something amazing up his sleeve for tomorrow, the future at QB is extremely bleak right now.

---------- Post added April-29th-2011 at 12:49 AM ----------

Kyle will get his QB he wanted last offseason. Mark Bulger.

It's assumed he's headed to Arizona, but Bulger is near the end of his career and would likely take a little more dough to come to Washington. Resign Rex and allow him and Mark to compete for the job. This allows backup depth while still have Beck as the 3rd option

perfect option. we get to flounder around with two sub par QBs while 30 year old john beck who has 5 games of NFL experience waits in the wings.

superbowl here we come. lol

You all are against drafting a QB in round 1 next year, why? It doesn't have to be Luck. None of the QB's this year were Luck either, though, so why the hurry? There will be a few more QBs next year everyone obsesses over, and we'll draft one. No big deal. We're building a team.

I feel like Rex is going to be the guy and he's going to do a good job for us. Something I saw in him last year just tells me maybe he has improved from the problems he had in Chicago. Would not be the first time a QB has had a change of scenery and performs better than ever. Call me optimistic, but I actually am looking forward to seeing what he can do.

You all are against drafting a QB in round 1 next year, why? It doesn't have to be Luck. None of the QB's this year were Luck either, though, so why the hurry? There will be a few more QBs next year everyone obsesses over, and we'll draft one. No big deal. We're building a team.

because its one more wasted season. this season is literally just a draft class and some FA gelling. most QBs (unless we seriously are awful like 3-13 awful) taken later in the first round arent ready day one. shanny has a 5 year contract, this will be 2 spent just finding new players, 3rd year would be drafting a QB, meaning that QB wouldnt even play a meaningful game until year 4, and then were assuming hes good and if hes not, were back to square one.

again this might all be moot if we take future QB at 41 tomorrow, but 4 QBs went in the top 12 after so many people said this was a terrible QB class, and one team wanted gabbert badly enough they traded a 2nd rounder to move up 6 spots.

i just hope they were right about gabbert, because if locker and gabbert turn out to be studs, im going to cry. a lot lol.

This isn't a wasted season because we still used the pick to fill a hole. Actually two holes if we draft well tomorrow. We are setting up our future QB to come into a better situation. A year from now our defense will be better and so will our o-line/wr/rb depending on the rest of the draft. As is apparent in this thread, you guys are ready to throw the rookie out there as soon ad we draft him. If those are the expectations, having a decent team around the QB is a must. Next year we will be much more prepared to groom a QB.

I think most people are only thinking from a fan stand point. They want the hope and entertainment that a new rookie QB brings. But from a team building stand point, you have to have more patience than that. If Gabbert had been seen as 'the guy', we would have taken him.

dalton is not a project, he is considered the most nfl ready qb in the draft, his ceiling just isnt as high the others.

unfortunately, i think the dark cloud of not having a good qb will be with the redskins until i die.

dalton is not a project, he is considered the most nfl ready qb in the draft

He is? By who? Oh wait, I don't care which one of the 98,000 draftniks out there wanted to make a splash and say "Dalton is the most ready!"

The bottom-line is that Shanahan didn't feel that way. If you've watched any film on Dalton, you wouldn't feel that way either. He's not even the 3rd-most-ready... That's why no one drafted him. He's the definition of a "project" and even Little Jimmy Clausen was way more NFL "ready" than this guy. Way more.

The draft today means absolutely nothing about grossman other than those guys aren't better than him nor project to be better than him.

Skins have needs all over the roster.

QB is one of them.

It will be addressed. We still have free agency and next years draft to upgrade the QB position.

Look at my post history. I have been saying all week this smelled like a repeat story I've seen many times. We skip on a QB and take a Defensive player. I'm convinced of two things right now after tonight:

1. The coaches like myself predict at best a 5 win season in 2011

2. We still need a QB

From this point forward we will always think about what might have been if we had taken Gabbert instead of value shopping for more players. Why did we end up in the position we are in? Not because of Jason Campbell, but because we have been operating under the same logic that we saw tonight. We never take the risk to fail on a QB. We always think we can win with lesser talent at the most important position on the field. We skipped on Aaron Rogers thinking we could get him or Campbell later in the draft because we believe then that we could win with either. Because not all men are equal in ability on the football field we learned the hard way that thinking like this was wrong. Had we taken the best QB in that draft we would not find ourselves here today. Once again tonight we have made a fatal decision at this position by allowing another team to move up to take a QB and by passing on one when we could have taken him. The verdict on the careers of these two men wont be known for many years but the gambler in me doesn't like it because its burned us in the past. It seems to me that we only make bets that a QB will fail and not be good but will not bet on one succeeding if the risk is steep to draft one.

I wonder to myself now what the plan at QB is going forward? Best possible case is there is someone that they have their eye on now that we will take later in the draft that turns out like Tom Brady was, severely under valued at the draft and a steal where he was drafted. Maybe there is someone out there that can take the trade we made and turn that into a Franchise QB and a great Defensive player. Is that what this is? The optimist in my reminds me that Tony Romo sits to pee was undrafted and offered a contract by only two teams in the NFL with Shannahan being one of those offering team..Shanahan can spot QB's no one else can see. The pessimist in me sees that fortune favors the bold and that no team makes it in the NFL these days without a Franchise QB and combined Grossman and Beck are not that and once again I can add multiple names of QB's that might have been.

One of these days I know we will see a Franchise QB on this team. One day. Its not today, wasn't in the last 20 years but it will happen one day. That's all we can hope for.

This isn't a wasted season because we still used the pick to fill a hole. Actually two holes if we draft well tomorrow. We are setting up our future QB to come into a better situation. A year from now our defense will be better and so will our o-line/wr/rb depending on the rest of the draft. As is apparent in this thread, you guys are ready to throw the rookie out there as soon ad we draft him. If those are the expectations, having a decent team around the QB is a must. Next year we will be much more prepared to groom a QB.

I think most people are only thinking from a fan stand point. They want the hope and entertainment that a new rookie QB brings. But from a team building stand point, you have to have more patience than that. If Gabbert had been seen as 'the guy', we would have taken him.

You speak logically my friend, not everyone on here understands that.

I don't believe any of the quarterbacks in this draft are worth taking in the first round. If anyone honestly thought Blaine Gabbert was the future of this franchise, please pass your crack pipe back to Lawrence Taylor.

It doesn't even sound right, Super Bowl MVP...Blaine Gabbert?

Please. All the QBs in this draft have too many questions about their ability to play successfully in the NFL to warrant such claims. Just because Luck didn't declare doesn't mean you make outlandish reaches for someone that doesn't compare. It just doesn't work that way.

I'm fine with waiting for Luck next year. A true blue prospect.

Archived