Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are We Showing Confidence in Grossman?

Chiefinonhaze

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

So I guess all the babble on the net about the Redskins wanting to trade up to get Gabbert was complete BS. Nobody seems to have any idea what we are going to do at QB unlike when we seemed to know a month in advance that we were after Candle.

I hate to say it, but there is no one out there better than Mcnabb at this point. I think we trade back and pick up a 3rd and maybe grab tyrod taylor with that 3rd rd pick. We keep mcnabb and let him revitalize his career then trade him next season or right before the trade deadline. There just isnt a better starter out there unless we go with Rex and I dont think he is any better than mcnabb. Besides, mcnabb is under contract rex isnt.

I'm convinced of two things right now after tonight:

1. The coaches like myself predict at best a 5 win season in 2011

Do you really believe that? I can promise you that Shanny's mindset is nowhere near: "We can get 5 next year! I know it!" You've got to be kidding, man... Worse teams with tougher schedules have scrounged together better seasons than that--- and don't forget that 6 of our losses last year were of 3 points or less.

As for Rexy....

I hated Rex Grossman before he got here, but people forget that he took a team with very few offensive weapons to a Super Bowl just 4 years ago.

He only started 3 games last year, but if you project his numbers out over 16 games it would look like this:

YARDS: 4714 #1 in NFL

TDs: 37 #1 in NFL

INTs: 21 #30th in the NFL (sandwiched between Carson Palmer and Drew Brees)

I feel strangely confident in Rexy running the offense... I'm convinced we can win with him and I'm ready to give the guy a shot.

I'm convinced of two things right now after tonight:

1. The coaches like myself predict at best a 5 win season in 2011

Do you really believe that? I can promise you that Shanny's mindset is nowhere near: "We can get 5 next year! I know it!" You've got to be kidding, man... Worse teams with tougher schedules have scrounged together better seasons than that--- and don't forget that 6 of our losses last year were of 3 points or less.

As for Rexy....

I hated Rex Grossman before he got here, but people forget that he took a team with very few offensive weapons to a Super Bowl just 4 years ago.

He only started 3 games last year, but if you project his numbers out over 16 games it would look like this:

YARDS: 4714 #1 in NFL

TDs: 37 #1 in NFL

INTs: 21 #30th in the NFL (sandwiched between Carson Palmer and Drew Brees)

I feel strangely confident in Rexy running the offense right now... I'm convinced we can make a playoff run with him.

I feel like Rex is going to be the guy and he's going to do a good job for us. Something I saw in him last year just tells me maybe he has improved from the problems he had in Chicago. Would not be the first time a QB has had a change of scenery and performs better than ever. Call me optimistic, but I actually am looking forward to seeing what he can do.

+1 His biggest problem is he lacks awareness of the pass rush around him causing him to fumble relatively frequently. While this is a problem I think he has a great idea of what the offense is supposed to look like and he can put points on the board. Depending on what we do in the second round I feel fairly confident about our team as a whole with Grossman at QB.

I feel like Rex is going to be the guy and he's going to do a good job for us. Something I saw in him last year just tells me maybe he has improved from the problems he had in Chicago. Would not be the first time a QB has had a change of scenery and performs better than ever. Call me optimistic, but I actually am looking forward to seeing what he can do.

+1 His biggest problem is he lacks awareness of the pass rush around him causing him to fumble relatively frequently. While this is a problem I think he has a great idea of what the offense is supposed to look like and he can put points on the board. Depending on what we do in the second round I feel fairly confident about our team as a whole with Grossman at QB.

No.

TN screwed up our plans. I may be totally off base, but I've believed all along that Jake Locker was Coach Mikes guy. The passing on Gabbert just showed how he didn't rate him, and how folks should stop listening to ANYTHING that charlaton and piss poor excuse of a journalist JLC says.

We went in hard for Sam Bradford a year back, but sadly didn't have the ammo. I firmly believe we craved Locker from this draft, and expected him to fall to 10. TN had other ideas on that. Our two top picks in the new regimes first two years should answer your question.

The QB position, the most important on this or any other team, scares the living crap out of me for next season. Currently, McNabb aside who's gone so long as the OC is here, we have a guy who's made a career out of fumbling and intercepting gems away.The only guy we have signed. And a guy hoping to be re-signed, who's got little to no pro experience. At 29 years of age. I'd glad we passed on Gabbert and made the smart play of trading down when our plans got altered, but hot darn we'd better do something special in FA at the position. What we currently have would look distinctly average if they had the Hogs in their prime protecting them.

Oh, and to the question of "would you still of made the McNabb trade or kept Captain Checkdown?" ..... in a freaking heartbeat. McNabb didn't turn out like we hoped, and we're all wise in hindsight. But put me back at the time, after going in hard for Bradford, and I'd still be happy with what on paper looked a good pick-up of a proven vet. for a year or two to help the new regime fit in. Even though it didn't turn out like that, I dread to think what sort of a **** storm last year would of become with CC under center, behind that line.

Hail.

I don't believe any of the quarterbacks in this draft are worth taking in the first round. If anyone honestly thought Blaine Gabbert was the future of this franchise, please pass your crack pipe back to Lawrence Taylor.

It doesn't even sound right, Super Bowl MVP...Blaine Gabbert?

Please. All the QBs in this draft have too many questions about their ability to play successfully in the NFL to warrant such claims. Just because Luck didn't declare doesn't mean you make outlandish reaches for someone that doesn't compare. It just doesn't work that way.

I'm fine with waiting for Luck next year. A true blue, bonafide prospect.

Archived