Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

People say- "I am Christian"; so?

88Comrade2000

You've so far compared yourself to a paramedic and the driver of a truck of water in the desert...

I'm just interested to see where it goes next.

Someone once told me that I could preach about a paper bag, I've been working on it for about a year now, and still haven't found it yet.

---------- Post added April-21st-2011 at 05:45 PM ----------

:ols:

Arrogance, thy name is AsburySkinsFan.

The belief that the knowledge of a paramedic is comparable to the 'knowledge' of a Christian pastor, is frankly, a ridiculous delusion. If you want to compare yourself to a witchdoctor, rather than a paramedic, you would have a point, but even a witchdoctor may accidentally be of benefit.

What an arrogant thing to say.

What an arrogant thing to say.

Of course. :) But the difference is my position is based on knowledge. The value of a paramedic's work is not determined by whether she's a Jew, Christian or Muslim, but on repeatable evidence.

Or would you agree that the knowledge of a Rabbi or Muslim Cleric is exactly as useful as yours in 'saving' someone?

Of course. :) But the difference is my position is based on knowledge. The value of a paramedic's work is not determined by whether she's a Jew, Christian or Muslim, but on repeatable evidence.

Or would you agree that the knowledge of a Rabbi or Muslim Cleric is exactly as useful as yours in 'saving' someone?

Well, you're right the paramedic and I aren't equivalent, because the paramedic can only prolong your life they can't actually show you how your life can be saved for eternity, so in that respect what they do isn't nearly as important as what I do.

Look you call me arrogant for being sure of what I believe and telling others about it so they might be saved, but here's the deal, if I had information that could save your life and make it so that you would never taste real death and didn't tell you about it you'd call me arrogant and selfish, but since the message of Life that I do bring to you is not one you wish to receive then I'm arrogant. Honestly, you can't have it both ways.

As for the Rabbi and the Imam, only time will tell which of the three of us is bringing the message of life.

if I had information that could save your life and make it so that you would never taste real death and didn't tell you about it you'd call me arrogant and selfish, but since the message of Life that I do bring to you is not one you wish to receive then I'm arrogant.

Please keep it to yourself. Please. You have no information of value in that regard. We've heard it all before. :)

Your arrogance is that you claim to have something special, and unlike all the other religious faiths and their deities, you believe that only your knowledge is correct. Even though you have nothing to back it up that is any more tangible than all the other faiths.

Such certainty without knowledge? I would have thought you'd be a Sarah Palin fan. :ols:

Funny, because you can't actually show that my life will be saved for eternity, either. I'd say Corcaigh is spot on with the arrogant comment.

And the paramedic can't show you that he can save your life until he works on you, and yet you believe him. Maybe it's just that you don't want what's offered, and that's fine, but don't complain later.

Please keep it to yourself. Please. You have no information of value in that regard. We've heard it all before. :)

Of no value to you, as such I kick the dust off my feet, but don't pretend that you're not living in arrogance by spurning what you do not know.

Your arrogance is that you claim to have something special, and unlike all the other religious faiths and their deities, you believe that only your knowledge is correct. Even though you have nothing to back it up that is any more tangible than all the other faiths.

I have an empty tomb. What do you have?

Such certainty without knowledge? I would have thought you'd be a Sarah Palin fan. :ols:

Oh so Sarah Palin is the poster child of people of faith...k...fine then I guess the atheist poster child gets to be....hmmm.....oh this guy.

Joseph20Stalin.jpg

---------- Post added April-21st-2011 at 10:14 PM ----------

Asbury, don't cast ye pearls before the swine:ols:

You never know if they are swine until they trample the pearls under foot.

I have an empty tomb. What do you have?

Here's some free professional advice. As you have chosen sales as your way to make a living, you might want to learn a little about selling technique. You are really awful at that part of your job. :)

Here's some free professional advice. As you have chosen sales as your way to make a living, you might want to learn a little about selling technique. You are really awful at that part of your job. :)

It's probably the most interesting aspect of Christianity. Followers were told that their almighty God was a guy who had just gotten tortured and crucified at the hands of a half-dozen Roman soldiers. Yet they converted by the millions.

Must have been a pretty strong message.

It's probably the most interesting aspect of Christianity. Followers were told that their almighty God was a guy who had just gotten tortured and crucified at the hands of a half-dozen Roman soldiers. Yet they converted by the millions.

Not only converted, but went willingly to their deaths because of their faith. Mass psychosis is a real pain in the butt, and the fact that 92% of people believe in God or a divine being must be really annoying to those who really know better. But then if only 8% of the population doesn't believe does that make them better off than the rest of us, or is that evidence of a brain abnormality?

Every successful religion has such stories.

---------- Post added April-21st-2011 at 11:49 PM ----------

Not only converted, but went willingly to their deaths because of their faith. Mass psychosis is a real pain in the butt, and the fact that 92% of people believe in God or a divine being must be really annoying to those who really know better. But then if only 8% of the population doesn't believe does that make them better off than the rest of us, or is that evidence of a brain abnormality?

92% of people do not believe in the same psychosis. And as for the "really know better" bull****, you're the one standing behind a pulpit on Sunday spreading your brand of arrogance while I'll be helping the needy. I'm more than happy for your deity to judge me as She sees fit. :ols:

Probably more interesting is the Virgin Birth????? You fast forward to far.

I don't know. I walk around my college campus, and think that probably 8% of the students around me are actually very intelligent, morally good people that have any amount of self-awareness. The rest? I couldn't care less what they think about most things.

I think its probably like that.

92% of people do not believe in the same psychosis.

And yet you believe nothing, it's interesting really, because if in any other context 92% of people agreed on something and only 8% disagreed we'd let the statistics speak for themselves, but here you want to work around them.

And as for the "really know better" bull****, you're the one standing behind a pulpit on Sunday spreading your brand of arrogance while I'll be helping the needy. I'm more than happy for your deity to judge me as She sees fit. :ols:

Yeah, the ONLY thing I do is stand up front making words...you're right dude you SOOOO got me, I mean my faith doesn't call me to works of love at all, and this whole "love your neighbor as yourself" thing...pffft...that's just a slogan, we don't expect anyone to actually do that crap. Man, you so nailed me.

---------- Post added April-22nd-2011 at 07:39 AM ----------

I don't know. I walk around my college campus, and think that probably 8% of the students around me are actually very intelligent, morally good people that have any amount of self-awareness. The rest? I couldn't care less what they think about most things.

I think its probably like that.

And that's kinda the point huh? You couldn't care less what they think about most things....but that doesn't make them wrong about most things, it's just that you couldn't care less what they think. That's fine, but in any other circumstance we'd look at the 8% and understand that there was probably something wrong with them, but here, ahhh they are the truly enlightened ones...and the rest of us, we'll we're just the ignorant rabble. Yeah, and I'm the arrogant one.

Has ANYONE here ever run across the Word bible in the Bible?

Did Jesus, Mary, Mark Luke John, Peter Satan, Moses, Abraham, Isaac, Centurians, Prophets Kings, followers ever say

" Hey, leaveth me alone Whilst I read my Bible"

Did anyone in that whole book Ever say "Remember, read your Bible"?

My point is, one should look to be individual (Which is really a personal thing) with what they believe in and Who they believe in. The relationship between God and Man is Monogamous,NOT a threesome or foursome or any other some.:)

Has ANYONE here ever run across the Word bible in the Bible?

Did Jesus, Mary, Mark Luke John, Peter, Satan, Moses, Abraham, Isaac, Centurions, Prophets, Kings, followers ever say

" Hey, leaveth me alone Whilst I read my Bible"

Did anyone in that whole book Ever say "Remember, read your Bible"?

Yep.

Proverbs 7

My son, keep my words

and store up my commands within you.

2 Keep my commands and you will live;

guard my teachings as the apple of your eye.

3 Bind them on your fingers;

write them on the tablet of your heart.

My point is, one should look to be individual (Which is really a personal thing) with what they believe in and Who they believe in. The relationship between God and Man is Monogamous,NOT a threesome or foursome or any other some.:)

And this is based on.......?

Archived