Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

People say- "I am Christian"; so?

88Comrade2000

I guess what aggravates me the most about this is I challenged a certain interpretation given at the start of the thread, and instead of a rebuttal all I hear in response is that I'm condescending, if I'm wrong show me how and where I'm wrong, but no because it's religion then everyone's opinion is weighed equally and anyone who says otherwise is a condescending, arrogant, fundamentalist, jerk, that is equal to pedophile priests (I think that's just about everything that I've been called thus far). Well if that be the case then so be it. At that I will let this go, not because I think I'm wrong, but because there is dust that needs kicked off my feet.

techboy actually made sure to remind me when i was in the same boat in a related thread that as Christians, we should expect this kind of treatment, comes with the territory. it is aggravating, and I will defend my Lord to the death, but we should expect to be ridiculed for it as well. and trust me, you aren't wrong :)

---------- Post added April-27th-2011 at 09:27 AM ----------

Its not you bro., ppl tend to take offense and feel condemned even when you're not condemning them. I've had it happen to me as well. But truth be told everyone feels passionately about something, and will speak authoritatively on a subject or belief that they are confident in. If so be the case (which i'm sure it is) then isn't everyone a condescending, arrogant, jerk, by definition? :ols:

what is yes?

Archived