Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JasonDenzel.com: I smell a Game of Thrones (new HBO show)

Mooka

I'm stuck. I liek the show a lot, but my ability to talk about it without spoilers is limited because the plot is moving quickly. Even the character development is done while advancing the plot. It's kind of cool to most of it working very well, even as the plot goes 10 miles a minute (kind of like the books). I almost find it funny how annoyed I get by the switching storylines to other people leaving me at points where I really want to know what happens along the storyline I was just reading/watching. The cliff hanger chapters with no imediate resolution is just as effective/annoying as it is in the books. It's crazy for any one who gets wrapped up in a storyline...like me.

Don't read them yet. Yes, this will eat at your soul.

This. Unless there has been some serious time between reading a book and seeing the movie based on the book, I am ALWAYS disappointed by the movie/show. In fact, seeing the movie then reading the book is often the best strategy for me.

connskin, did you watch the entire first season of spartacus or give up on it?

honestly, i wasn't that big into spartacus until about the 5th episode where spartacus and crixus fight theoceles. at that point i started REALLY enjoying the show

that's what happened to me. I saw the first one or two episodes and gave it a 'meh' rating. Decided a few months later to re-watch because it got really good reviews, and was pleasantly surprised once it got into the house. Pretty good show.

connskin, did you watch the entire first season of spartacus or give up on it?

honestly, i wasn't that big into spartacus until about the 5th episode where spartacus and crixus fight theoceles. at that point i started REALLY enjoying the show

that's what happened to me. I saw the first one or two episodes and gave it a 'meh' rating. Decided a few months later to re-watch because it got really good reviews, and was pleasantly surprised once it got into the house. Pretty good show.

Ironically, I watched 4 episodes. Next time I have a minute, I'll give it a try again and see if it gets better. If I'm anything, its open-minded, so I'd be happy to be proven wrong and given another show to watch.

Ironically, I watched 4 episodes. Next time I have a minute, I'll give it a try again and see if it gets better. If I'm anything, its open-minded, so I'd be happy to be proven wrong and given another show to watch.

lol, wow he got it right on the money!

definately give it another chance. its starts getting really good after episode 5. the plot twists start getting crazy and its really fun to watch unfold.

you watched all the way up to the episode about the "pit" which is some of the most graphic violence i've watched in a tv show or movie.

Ironically, I watched 4 episodes. Next time I have a minute, I'll give it a try again and see if it gets better. [bold]If I'm anything, its open-minded,[/bold] so I'd be happy to be proven wrong and given another show to watch.

in that case... there are a few people on this site that I am sure would love to go camping with you.... :-s

I am liking this show! I like the shows on Starz, Showtime and HBO. They are better crafted, the actors are very good, the stories are enough to be believeable, just like good stories do. The Big 3 networks are focusing on reality shows, game shows and seem to cancel their shows that are good. I rarely watch the Big 3 anymore.

I've been watching this show, and I love it. Haven't missed an episode yet. Great stuff. The funniest part of the whole show so far has been when the imp was "confessing" his crimes in court. I cried laughing when he described what he was doing to the "turtle stew" lol.

From the books, he is my favorite character, and I'm glad they have portrayed him so well thus far.

i just can't help but thinking of him in previous roles. i thought i'd hate his character because he's a jerk in every other movie/tv show he's been in, but he has been great so far.

• 2 weeks later...
From the books, he is my favorite character, and I'm glad they have portrayed him so well thus far.

Agreed (well tie between him and Arya), whatever dudes name is, he is the perfect actor for Tyrion, especially with the way he captures his sardonic style of humor so well.

Okay, a bunch of you here are very familiar with the books and now the show. I am loving this show! So I bought the 4 book paperback set from Amazon last night. I read that they are taking a book a season. Since I have started watching the show before reading the books, I think my best approach is to watch the show and then read the book for more indepth storylines. Yeah?

Since I have started watching the show before reading the books, I think my best approach is to watch the show and then read the book for more indepth storylines. Yeah?

Honestly, I'd just read the books now. I've been enjoying the show very much, and I read the book first.

Of course, if you hold out to one book a season, there's at least a small chance that he'll actually finish another one or two before you get there. Maybe the series will force his otherwise plodding hand, if it runs that long. We can only hope.

yeah... i think at this point watch the shows, and THEN read the books.

the shows are good enough to stand on their own (although i think my wife is happy to have me be there to occasionally fill in gaps from what i remember from the books).

Archived