Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JasonDenzel.com: I smell a Game of Thrones (new HBO show)

Mooka

Why do some thing the show wouldn't keep up with the books? If from what is listed above held true it would be 8 seasons. That is a normal amout of seasons for a good series.

Assuming unwritten Books 6 and 7 are not massive stories like Storm of Swords and do not need to be divided into two season each, it would be 9. Certainly doable, but at a massive cost.

For example - the Battle of the Green Fork (when the show showed Tyrion getting knocked out) is a pretty small battle in the grand scheme, and one they were able cut out nearly entirely without distrubing the narrative of the show. Other battles they will not be able to do.

Spoiler: Can you imagine what the cost of the Battle of the Blackwater is going to be next season? That's at least an entire episode of fighting, if not two, on a huge scale.

There is no reason to not stick with the show, nor is there no reason to not read the books. They are both fantastic.

But I think there is good reason to believe that HBO will simply not be able to afford to film this massive series to completion. If they do, it will mean that a) this is the most profitable cable show of all time, B) it will be in the running for the greatest show of all time (if nothing else based on size and scope).

Assuming unwritten Books 6 and 7 are not massive stories like Storm of Swords and do not need to be divided into two season each, it would be 9. Certainly doable, but at a massive cost.

For example - the Battle of the Green Fork (when the show showed Tyrion getting knocked out) is a pretty small battle in the grand scheme, and one they were able cut out nearly entirely without distrubing the narrative of the show. Other battles they will not be able to do.

Spoiler: Can you imagine what the cost of the Battle of the Blackwater is going to be next season? That's at least an entire episode of fighting, if not two, on a huge scale.

There is no reason to not stick with the show, nor is there no reason to not read the books. They are both fantastic.

But I think there is good reason to believe that HBO will simply not be able to afford to film this massive series to completion. If they do, it will mean that a) this is the most profitable cable show of all time, B) it will be in the running for the greatest show of all time (if nothing else based on size and scope).

Yes, but depending on the writing you can scale things back for the screen. Also, it all depends on the attention the show gets, because HBO sees a spike in subscriptions based on different shows and how they decide which to keep.

Spoiler:

The script for this episode is being written by Martin and I have faith in him to do it justice.

So is Taiwyn Lannister pissed off at Tyrion for being captured and that's why they're at war?

(spoiler in Ninja) Why did Ned Stark

Think back to the scene with Maester Aemon and Jon Snow.

so when Taiwyn or Tyrion, can't remember which mentions that they are surrounded on three sides by armies... Robb Stark, Stanis Baratheon, and the younger Baratheon? The Targarean coming across the narrow sea and beasties coming from the North. ****'s going to hit the fan in season 2 huh?

so when Taiwyn or Tyrion, can't remember which mentions that they are surrounded on three sides by armies... Robb Stark, Stanis Baratheon, and the younger Baratheon? The Targarean coming across the narrow sea and beasties coming from the North. ****'s going to hit the fan in season 2 huh?

Don't forget that "Winter is coming" too.

Last night's episode was awesome. Too bad Kahl Drogo died. I thought he was going to come back as some Demon Warrior after that satanic ritual. My girl was distraught (she thinks he's sexy) about that but loves the show overall.

It seems like they killed off a main character from each family/clan of the show. Robert Baratheon, Ned Stark, Kahl Drogo, The Dragon, and soon to be Jamie Lannester (hopefully)

Well, book two is called A Clash of Kings for a reason. :)

For those wishing there wasn't as much time between seasons, I would suggest reading the first book in the interim. There are a lot of great bits of backstory and character introspective that you can't get in the show, and can only increase your enjoyment of the series.

On amazon, you can buy Game of Thrones for $5, or the first four books box set for $20.

awesome episode last night, so many new storylines introduced, fantastic ending. I'm dismayed that it will be close to a year before the next season, but this series has compelled me to start reading the book series.

Congrats. You are now addicted to crack on paper!

I'm jealous.

I started reading Game of Thrones last night. I'm finding it very enjoyable and right along with the series, which makes me very happy.

I reread GOT while the series was going, sort of reading along with it.

Now Im reading clash of Kings again and plan to just plow back through the series again. So many characters I had forgotten! Loving the reread better than most others Ive givgen a second go around

Archived