Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JasonDenzel.com: I smell a Game of Thrones (new HBO show)

Mooka

I have not read any of the books. Just been looking forward to this show since seeing the first preview on HBO and loving most everything HBO puts out. I thought the first episode was amazing and can't wait for the rest of the season.

Never read the book, but episode 1.02 was really really good. I'm intrigued by this whole Wall business. I wish I read the books first, now I'm worried that if I read the books that the series won't be so much fun for me. I have so little in life that brings me joy, I NEED HBO to fill that void. ;)

LoL at the wish the wolf didn't have to die.

*****SPOILER****

I think the warning in the beginning was don't get too attached to anyone. In this series, there are no untouchable sacred cows whom the reader or watcher should assume will automatically live. That warning still holds true. So far, we've seen a little boy and a wolf die and another little boy from one of the major houses pushed from a tower. Keep in mind that was the second episdoe

I've never read the book, but I assume the death of the wolf is symbolic... "one for each of the Stark children." Interesting name choice btw, "Stark" in German means "Strong," IIRC. There's some strange undertone too about how it was framed that as the wolf was put down that the boy woke up from his coma. I assume it's Sansa, because she's already been metaphorically "sacrificed" to the Lannisters.

I don't like how the Queen and the Prince seem so one-dimensional, they're just "bad guys" at least the Queen's brother, not the dwarf, seems to have both good and bad traits.

So far I like the dwarf character. I think he knows what is going on between his brother and sister. The Queen's brother is pretty bad too, but the boy and the Queen are on my **** list, because of the closing scene last night.

I don't like how the Queen and the Prince seem so one-dimensional, they're just "bad guys" at least the Queen's brother, not the dwarf, seems to have both good and bad traits.

There are very few black and white characters in this series.

There are very few black and white characters in this series.
Yea, some characters you'd assume to be real deep end up to be very black and white and vice versa. the dwarf for example is a lot more straight up then he seems. Most of what he says is actually genuine and true. He just has the reputation of a devious schemer and everyone assumes he has some kind of edge in every situation.

The Queen should actually be even more over the top. She should be regal and condescending to the point that its uncomfortable. The Prince is a little ****. The dwarf does usually give it to you straight up, the Prince is simply retched.

Ep. 3. Awesome. Love the wall. Love how they all wear black. I don't understand their seasons. Long summers/winters and they all vary in length?

That's pretty much it. Summers and Winters can last years at a time, and nobody really knows when they will start or end.

That's pretty much it. Summers and Winters can last years at a time, and nobody really knows when they will start or end.

Exactly, like the Dwarf said, when he was born it was winter and it lasted for 3 years. I really like the build up of the characters and the story lines are well done. I was worried before the show started with all the places and characters it would get confusing to follow the story lines, but so far it has been a great show.

Archived