Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 80's has no monopoly on great cartoons: Phineas and Ferb

Major Harris

Absolutely agree. Phineas and Ferb is BRILLIANT. My kids love it, and I'm encouraging more "TV-time" now than before... Its hilarious, packed full of fun references and "adult" humor, and generally has a positive vibe/message. Great, great show.

Absolutely great show on many levels. My son loves it and enjoys thinking that a couple of boys can do anything if they just put their minds to it. They do slip in a lot of science themes during "Ferb, I know what we're doing today!",and how do you not love any show that can produce a hip-hop song about "Squirrels in my Pants"?

Haha the 80's. What monopoly did it ever have. 90's was far superior anyway. Never watched this. May give it a shot.

If you say so. Saturday morning in the 80's were golden as compared to the 90's.

It's my favorite cartoon since Animaniacs. I don't consider it a kids show. I am proud to say I try to see all the new episodes that come out. The Christmas special is epic. Of course the newest episodes are stretching a little, and they'll have to end it soon before it just gets sucky. But the formula, self-referential humor, pop culture humor, and the Naked Gun-style jokes occasionally, all give it a broad based appeal that is pretty unique.

Haha the 80's. What monopoly did it ever have. 90's was far superior anyway. Never watched this. May give it a shot.

How can you possibly say that when you weren't even around in the 80s? :ols:

Anyway, the early 90s were certainly great. "Far" superior? Don't know about that....

How can you possibly say that when you weren't even around in the 80s? :ols:

Anyway, the early 90s were certainly great. "Far" superior? Don't know about that....

Remind me to alert you whenever you comment on something that happened in the early 80's or earlier. Or does this also mean I cannot comment on World War II?

---------- Post added April-11th-2011 at 11:48 AM ----------

Ironically DuckTales is probably my favorite cartoon.

I like all the classic Looney Toons (Bugs, Daffy, Porky, Foghorn, etc.) all from the WWII era. I have the original Speed Racer on DVD. None of the cartoons from the 80s, 90s or 2000s has even interested me aside from the primtime (Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill, American Dad).

Remind me to alert you whenever you comment on something that happened in the early 80's or earlier. Or does this also mean I cannot comment on World War II?

---------- Post added April-11th-2011 at 11:48 AM ----------

Ironically DuckTales is probably my favorite cartoon.

Wow. Not even close dude...

You can comment all you want. This is a public message board, you are of course entitled to your opinion. So of course you can comment on WWII. Does that mean your opinion on WWII is right? Not necessarily. You can try your best to describe the horrors of war, but unless you've experienced it, your comments will be more opinion based than fact based.

Your claim that the 90s were far suprior is based on what exactly? The few shows out of a decades worth that you may have seen?

Also, my only disagreement is with the "far" part. I think I too give the 90s the edge. Only a slight edge though, there certainly weren't "far" superior.

Archived