Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What did you get your groomsmen?

Slateman

Good suggestion for those interested,I have never had the need for binoculars in my entire life, and I go to a lot of sporting events.

Again, I suggest individual gifts depending on the person.

That's cuz you're a myopic dope. With all due respect. ;)

Last wedding I went to (I was a bridesmaid), the groomsmen got custom chuck taylors which they wore in the wedding. Probably weren't really cheap though.

actually i was a best man in a wedding where the groom did that and i love the chucks, but you are right they were a little pricier than the $100 he's looking to spend

Damn, I must be the only one that spent money on his groomsmen. lol.

I had a destination wedding, and the outfit I picked out to be married in was over two hundred and fifty a pop,and because i knew my buddies would piss and moan for having to spend that much,I bought their groomsmens outfit for them as their groomsmen gifts. I also bought all my groomsmen a sterling silver figaro necklace. Luckily everything in their outfit can be worn out regularly as well, (linen pants, silk button up Tommy Bahama shirt) The silver chain was actually the cheapest prt of the ensmble, seein as silver isnt very expensive per ounce...

Thats what I would go with, something silver. Its only at like thirty six bucks an ounce right now. Get them a silver chain, or something similar. Thats my suggestion.

I got all of my groomsmen NFL jerseys. Went on ebay and found someone who sells those "Greats of the Century" jerseys, which are pretty nice (but not authentic). Ended up getting them for about $40 each, and was able to choose from a number teams, historic players, etc. You can get a group shipping deal as well if you contact the seller (i found out after the fact).

I got my groomsmen some nice, metal watches, but I didn't pay too much for them. They were Guess and Armani brands but I got them at TJ Maxx for like $30-$40 a piece. They all still use them to this day.

Being a groomsman: I've gotten a tie (still use it), engraved metal bottle opener from Things Remembered (still use it), and autographed (by ARE) redskins Mini-Helmet.

Damn, I must be the only one that spent money on his groomsmen. lol.

I had a destination wedding, and the outfit I picked out to be married in was over two hundred and fifty a pop,and because i knew my buddies would piss and moan for having to spend that much,I bought their groomsmens outfit for them as their groomsmen gifts. I also bought all my groomsmen a sterling silver figaro necklace. Luckily everything in their outfit can be worn out regularly as well, (linen pants, silk button up Tommy Bahama shirt) The silver chain was actually the cheapest prt of the ensmble, seein as silver isnt very expensive per ounce...

Thats what I would go with, something silver. Its only at like thirty six bucks an ounce right now. Get them a silver chain, or something similar. Thats my suggestion.

Very nice gesture of course, but I'd say that asking them to pay to travel for your wedding makes springing for the required groomsman outfit par for the course...considering they were dropping probably over a thousand dollars just to attend your wedding (between air fare and hotel).

I bought each of my groomsmen (4) a nice golf bag. I thought it was a pretty sweet gift, and figured it was something they would definitely use and appreciate. I think the idea of some crap with your initials on it as a groomsmen gift is pretty tired and lame. If your boys threw you a nice bachelor party and are paying for a tux or trip to the wedding, I think you should hook them up.

I don't know if you are the artistic type, or how many groomsmen you have, but my husband painted pictures of him and each individual groomsman from his college days or family events and framed them. It took him awhile, but they turned out really neat and cost whatever the paint supplies were plus the frames.

Honestly, I have been in a lot of weddings and gotten the Redskins beer stein (never used it), a couple of flasks (never used them), the swiss army knife (used it, but have no idea where it is now) and stuff like really nice pen sets (used those, but have no idea where they are now). Honestly, the most useful thing that I ever got was one of those soft side coolers with my initials on it. He also bought our shirts and ties for the wedding, and put a few random things in the cooler, but I use that cooler more than I ever thought I would. You never know when you are going to need a spare 10-12 beers.

Running a quick Google search, there are a good amount of companies that make these, some very nice, some cheaper, but I would guess the groom for the wedding I was in probably spent about $50-$60 for each cooler.

I do also like the grill idea though.

---------- Post added March-29th-2011 at 11:29 AM ----------

I've seen the idea of engraved beer steins, which is nice, but I prefer the engraved Das Boot BeerFest Boot, which I got as a groomsman gift for a wedding I was in last October:

http://www.truebeer.com/Beer-Boots_c_7.html?gclid=CIrKtryF9KcCFQsGbAodnBc1bA

That's fantastic.

The bottom line is that it is a gift, and most guys are not really going to care. Sure it is nice to get something, but I don't think most guys come into it with any high expectations. I forget about it most of the time until the groom is giving me something,

I got everyone small framed sports cards based on their interests.

For my best man, it was a double frame of Terry Bradshaw and Ben Roethlisberger rookie cards.

For my friend from college, it was a framed card of the 1960 Yankees.

For my brother in law, it was a framed card of Dr. J when he played for the Virginia Cavaliers.

The cards and framing cost about $50 to $75 a piece, I think.

It was something that they could display in their offices. I'm not sure what 34 year olds with kids were going to do with flasks.

Archived