INN: Islamists Massacre Two Coptic Families in Egypt

btfoom

Rank this here show  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Rank this here show

• Outstanding
    • Abysmal

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/142147

News of an Islamist massacre of two Christian Coptic families has emerged from Upper Egypt with the return of Internet connections to the country, after a one-week Internet blackout imposed by the troubled regime. The massacre, not the first in Egypt in recent weeks, took place on Sunday afternoon (January 30) at the village of Sharona near Maghagha, in Minya province, and is being reported by AINA, the Assyrian International News Agency.

According to the report, the Islamist murderers, aided by Muslim neighbors of the Copts, stormed the homes of the families, gaining access to the houses' roofs from the roofs of the families' Muslim neighbors. They killed eleven, including children, and seriously injured four more people.

Anba Agathon, Bishop of Maghagha, told Coptic activist Dr. Mona Roman in a televised interview on Al-Karma TV that the killers are neighbors of the Copts, who "seized the opportunity of the mayhem prevailing in Egypt and the absence of police protection to slaughter the Copts." <more at link>

Maybe folks here at the tailgate need to stop reading so much of that left-wing blog freepress and see what is really going on over in Egypt/Middle East.

Maybe folks here at the tailgate need to stop reading so much of that left-wing blog freepress and see what is really going on over in Egypt/Middle East.

Yep. We should get all our news from Israel National News.

And then when we do, we should take the actions of some people in a town 300 miles south of Cairo, some murderers who are taking advantage of the chaos, and announce that now we "see what is really going on over in Egypt/Middle East".

Funny that it features the attack on Christmas eve and subsequent ones....you worried over a time stamp or real events listed over the last 6 weeks?

I agree it is a oddity(perhaps a yr change glitch),but it is clearly describing recent weeks events....unless you believe they predict the future:pfft:

Funny that it features the attack on Christmas eve and subsequent ones....you worried over a time stamp or real events listed over the last 6 weeks?

I agree it is a oddity(perhaps a yr change glitch),but it is clearly describing recent weeks events....unless you believe they predict the future:pfft:

The "recent weeks" article is no time stamp glitch.

http://www.examiner.com/conservative-in-anchorage/muslims-murder-six-christians-egyptian-religious-warfare

http://www.zeenews.com/news594608.html

It was poor journalism citing an event that happened over a year ago.

The "recent weeks" article is no time stamp glitch.

http://www.examiner.com/conservative-in-anchorage/muslims-murder-six-christians-egyptian-religious-warfare

http://www.zeenews.com/news594608.html

It was poor journalism citing an event that happened over a year ago.

Dejavu?...or are they killing so many a regular occurence?

http://www.thecypresstimes.com/article/Christian_News/Christian_News_International/MAN_SENTENCED_TO_DEATH_OVER_COPTIC_CHRISTIAN_KILLINGS_IN_EGYPT/38948

Published 01/17/2011 - 8:59 a.m. CST

CAIRO, EGYPT - (ANS)- Egyptian authorities have sentenced a man to death for killing six Coptic Christians and a Muslim policeman earlier this month.

The BBC explained that Egypt's Copts have often complained of harassment and discrimination, and argue that attacks on them go unpunished or result in light sentences.

Twenty-three people were killed and 70 injured as worshippers were leaving midnight Mass at al-Qiddissin church to bring in the New Year.

added

Obviously it is a regular occurrence

Seems they shoot Copts like we shoot fireworks

Does the date even really matter? Do the acts of a couple of extremists overshadow all the events of the past week like the OP is saying? The Muslims forming human shields for Coptic Churches means less than this? Coptics forming human shields for Muslim protesters praying? Both standing hand and hand to protest a dictator?

This is just more whooo scary "Muslim and Arab = bad" fear mongering nonsense. Simple as that.

Dejavu?...or are they killing so many a regular occurence?

http://www.thecypresstimes.com/article/Christian_News/Christian_News_International/MAN_SENTENCED_TO_DEATH_OVER_COPTIC_CHRISTIAN_KILLINGS_IN_EGYPT/38948

Published 01/17/2011 - 8:59 a.m. CST

CAIRO, EGYPT - (ANS)- Egyptian authorities have sentenced a man to death for killing six Coptic Christians and a Muslim policeman earlier this month.

The BBC explained that Egypt's Copts have often complained of harassment and discrimination, and argue that attacks on them go unpunished or result in light sentences.

Twenty-three people were killed and 70 injured as worshippers were leaving midnight Mass at al-Qiddissin church to bring in the New Year.

added

Obviously it is a regular occurrence

Seems they shoot Copts like we shoot fireworks

or like we shoot Christians.

I don't really feel like posting all the links to murders of Christians by Christians in this country.

~Bang

More like poor editing. Not a big deal if they actually intended to cite a recent event.

I'm getting confused,can we force everyone to speak English and have the same calendar and celebrations?;)

There have been other shootings and bombing in recent weeks regardless.

I would like confirmation on the two family one in the op

Actually, I'm wondering what the point of the thread, is. (Well, other than the claim that anybody who hasn't read this story is "reading so much of that left-wing blog freepress [to] see what is really going on over in Egypt/Middle East.")

(Well, that and the usual "All Muslims are terrorists, but we know we look like idiots when we say it, therefore, we simply hint at it a lot, while being careful to never actually say what our point is".)

Is there a point, here?

Its more like a hate crime against a minority. Like rednecks lynching blacks.

I get that, but to isolate it in regards to trying to cast a feaful shadow over this peaceful revolt is kind of cheap tactics, IMO.

Be scared of the muslims! They're killing famileis.. maybe yours!

That's the message I hear.

~Bang

Actually, I'm wondering what the point of the thread, is. (Well, other than the claim that anybody who hasn't read this story is "reading so much of that left-wing blog freepress [to] see what is really going on over in Egypt/Middle East.")

(Well, that and the usual "All Muslims are terrorists, but we know we look like idiots when we say it, therefore, we simply hint at it a lot, while being careful to never actually say what our point is".)

Is there a point, here?

Well, perhaps not perfectly, but I would say, mostly , you likely nailed it.

I get that, but to isolate it in regards to trying to cast a feaful shadow over this peaceful revolt is kind of cheap tactics, IMO.

Be scared of the muslims! They're killing famileis.. maybe yours!

~Bang

I don't know. It this were an isolated incident, you'd have a point. But to pretend the Copts haven't been singled out for some serious hate crimes is weak. Its been going on, its still going on. The peaceful demonstrations are great. The Copts not getting killed would be great too.

Egypt is front and center right now. This is Egypt, too.

Well, perhaps not perfectly, but I would say, mostly , you likely nailed it.

Yes it does seem a bad way to start a thread

Though I do find it as relevant as a reporter getting knots on his head...but I admit to a bias

Archived