Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have we found our offensive line?!

skins4ever17

I feel like the play-calling early on set the tone for the OL. We finally started spreading the field out with screens and quicker passes.

The screens certainly helped but apart from that we were still running a lot of 5 and 7 drops. McNabb was given time to throw and lo he looked like a really good QB. Football really does start up front on both sides of the ball.

The team did well tonight. Left some points on the field, but did well. I am a rabach hater, so i was thinking good things when he went out. I know he is a good leader but his starting days should be over. I do believe rabach was a pulling guard before gibbs made him our center. Portis is a great running back, just wish he could stay healthy. Rabach did get pushed back a yard or two on every play. this game and for the last year.

For the Heyer HATERS, he was part of the MIX.

The worst player on the Skins team right now is Clinton Portis. He takes up a spot on the active roster and the sad part is that he is not football ready!

You're right, the guy who was tearing up the Eagles and averaged 6+ yards per carry today is the worst player on our roster. Good call.

I really hope that the coaching staff makes some changes at the OL. I wouldn't mind Heyer at guard, but I hope we never see him at OT, he was a ton better and with Rabach out, the protection up the middle was solid.

I'd love to see the HC make these changes permanent (for the rest of the season).

what we have here is a stitch on the ugly sore we call our OL. Outside of our rookie Trent, nobody else is a mainstay at any position if you ask me. Good performance by them today on a whim

I disagree. I really like the looks of Williams, Lichtensteiger, and Montgomery. These 3 are starters. Heyer is a versatile average back-up for short-term play, nothing more. Brown is a good back-up OT or an average starter. Rabach doesn't have the strength or size to push the big DTs. Dockery appears to be on the injury-prone down-slope stage of his career. And Hicks is another versatile back-up. If Big Mike Williams can play next season, we have another good starting guard. Then, I think we just need another starting OT, then we have a dominant O-line. And as always, keep looking for better depth.

No, we haven't.

Even last year this awful line put together a few good games. It's going to take a while and we are still 2 or 3 starters away from a good offensive line.

This, though we've got some promise in Montgomery and Williams.

Remember, folks; a blind squirrel finds a nut every so often. Let's not get TOO excited.

I thought Brown was great today. It looks like he might be returning to previous form.

The interior OL was a lot better today, but could still use improving. The Titans were getting guys through up the middle a few times. But losing Rabach and Hicks did make us better overall. No real stunner there.

T. Williams was a stud. Looks like Samuels 2.0.

how about the play of lichtensteiger? He comes in late after the reviewed INT and kind of butt heads with the guy who in turn rips off his helmut takes a personal foul and converts us on 3rd and 22. I think it was the play of the game.

Unrelated, I think we got a few 1st down by penalty on that drive, that one the biggest by far.

LOL at McNabb throwing the INT with the most time he had all year.

He misses many easy throws. As long as he hits some of his big ones, thats his game. The line is more for the WRs to get open deep than for DM5. He has been breaking tackles in the pocket his entire career.

Archived