Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have we found our offensive line?!

skins4ever17

While it sounds weird, everyone saw it. Our pass protection was amazing. Mcnabb was just dancing in the pocket in a few plays! Our run game was solid too, williams was getting nice 10 yard runs through the holes!

Heyer looked great at guard, montgomery did much better than rabach at center! The defense was not pushing through like before! :beavisnbutthead:

The worst player on the Skins team right now is Clinton Portis. He takes up a spot on the active roster and the sad part is that he is not football ready!

This is so wrong it's not even funny. He looked great until he reinjured his groin.

Overall, I think simply not having Rabach in there is a huge help. The line looked good, I wouldn't say great (still had some of the same pressure from the A-gaps and stepping on McNabb's feet problems) but overall they performed better than they have in weeks.

For the Heyer HATERS, he was part of the MIX.

The worst player on the Skins team right now is Clinton Portis. He takes up a spot on the active roster and the sad part is that he is not football ready!

the same could be said of Joey Galloway, if you think Portis the worst on the team, you are clueless

in relations to the thread, Rabach should only see the field if somebody else is injured. dude went out the game and the line got about 100x better :ols:

For the Heyer HATERS, he was part of the MIX.

CP looked good today until he got injured. He's not the worst player by a long shot. My vote would actually go to Kareem Moore.... and I"m surprised nobody else brings this up.

folks' date='the ones that want McNabb gone, McNugget had time to throw today and had a good game. Give this man a line and he'll help this team win.[/quote']

i've been a HUGE nay-sayer on mcnabb ever since the trade.

the one thing I also say at the end, is that i know he can do it, and i hope he has a better second half than first half.

he had a good game today. even though i've criticized mcnabb, i hope he continues to play like this.

defense also only gave up 9 points. and a bs punt return for a td.

good job all the way around, especially considering injuries.

I've been saying this forever but Will Montgomery should be starting at C over Rabach, every time he gets a chance he improves our interior line play holding his ground in the middle. Heyer is still total garbage we really need to cut him and use Hicks as our swing backup player. With Trent Williams at LT, Brown at RT (Hicks backing him up), Montgomery playing either C or G, drafting a C/G in the 2nd round in this draft, and bringing in someone like Ryan Kalil in FA we'll have a young O-line to work with. This game is the final evidence that Rabach just isn't getting it done.

The worst player on the Skins team right now is Clinton Portis.

Um no. Portis is FAR from the worst player on this team. If you want to say he's an injury liability then fine, that's true...he is always injured. But to call him the worst player on the team is borderline retarded.

And to the OP, I definitely agree about the OL. Heyer looked a lot better at guard and I wouldn't hesitate for a second to leave Montgomery at Center. He was far and away better than Rabach, especially considering how he probably never gets snaps at Center during the week.

So if your reading Shanny...keep Rabach out!!!!!

Heyer looked great at guard, montgomery did much better than rabach at center! The defense was not pushing through like before!

Look at the last two offensive plays. Heyer gets thrown back about 8 yards into the backfield which breaks-up the running play. Then, Heyer gets pancaked on the next play. I thought he was doing fine as guard up until then. I just don't think he's anything more than a back-up.

Montgomery looks like a gamer. I would start him.

I liked the Williams, Dockery, Montgomery, Lichtensteiger, Brown line-up.

And I haven't seen the D-line get a good push since the beginning of the season.

Archived