Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have we found our offensive line?!

skins4ever17

I'm sorry guys, but Rabach is a huge reason this line looks bad. When the center can't block and we can't get a decent pocket then not much McNabb can do. The pocket collapses from the center then the rest of the linemen are scrambling and instinctively pulled from their assignment. Even if just a split second of distraction.

Relax folks. Trent Williams will be starting with 4 other OL next season.

Well, I could see the Redskins bring Jammal Brown back if the doctors decide he is a good bet to rebound in time from his hip injury.

But the rest of these guys are not NFL caliber and that is brought out to us each week.

Relax folks. Trent Williams will be starting with 4 other OL next season.

Well, I could see the Redskins bring Jammal Brown back if the doctors decide he is a good bet to rebound in time from his hip injury.

But the rest of these guys are not NFL caliber and that is brought out to us each week.

And where do you think they're going to find 4 quality starters to replace these guys?

Since when was quality a factor in who plays O-line for the Skins? I've been watching the most inept center in the NFL wear burgundy and gold for years.

Exactly. Truth is there is no quick way out of this mess the Skins are in. This is what happens when you trade away 2nd and 3rd round picks for guys that don't even play a whole season for the team like Jason Taylor and TJ Duckett.

Oline is as much about cohesion and attitude as it is about individual talent. You build an oline in the draft and you let them develop as a unit. I don't care what busted former pro-bowler (Jamal Brown) you bring in, you're going to get the same results, oh and guess what, we don't have 2nd or 3rd round picks next April either. This might not be so bad if the team could trade down, but don't forget we need receivers, runningbacks, and linebackers too.

This team has been horribly managed for years and now we're paying the price. It's not going to get better until a coach and GM make a commitment to rebuilding the team from the ground up. This means enduring a couple of years of losing. Does Shanny have the patience? Doesn't look like it so far.

Why was Hicks in the game at 85% over Heyer who everyone was raving about? Well, everyone except Shanahan who credited his guard play to coaching more than his abilities. Hicks got blown up on the first play IIRC.

And Rabach at center. Hey he didnt step on McNabb to open up the 3rd straight game. Small victory there. Otherwise, McNabb was under heat up the gut all day, as evidenced by our paltry 10 point output and no running game. And I would guess CR was less than 100% himself.

I really wonder about using these two on Sunday... just when you think Shanahan makes a move forward, he makes one backward.

Archived