Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have we found our offensive line?!

skins4ever17

Montgomery looks like a gamer. I would start him.

And I haven't seen the D-line get a good push since the beginning of the season.

agree on both points.........Rabach does not need to see the field (in a starting role) again this season......this is exactly what I love seeing from this team....guys (no names) who step up and make a difference.....Torain (when he was healthy), Armstrong, Banks....Williams (both).....

agree on both points.........Rabach does not need to see the field (in a starting role) again this season......this is exactly what I love seeing from this team....guys (no names) who step up and make a difference.....Torain (when he was healthy), Armstrong, Banks....Williams (both).....

And you see how the Titans D couldn't get a rush up the middle when Rabach went out? Not a coincidence.

of course Montgomery looked better at center, that's his natural position.

the Redskins have been using natural centers as swing depth at guard for some time and the returns have not been positive. Washington has to start drafting and developing guys who have the size and strength to play OG.

this is the best i've seen our Oline play since the first half of 2008! They did a great job! Great way of coaching them up this week.

Don't think that had anything to do with it...most of these guys were taking second-team snaps, at the most, this week.

Love how it turned out, though! The interior needed some youth.

I was so impressed by this group of guys. Hope the coaches take notice of Will Montgomery's great play at center. And this is strange but I agree with the others who said we should take a serious look at Heyer at guard. He's the wrong body type but man that's the best I've ever seen him play. In fact that's the best O-line play I've seen all year. Our interior wasn't getting blown up, Mcnabb had a nice pocket he could step up into and make plays. It was awesome!

of course Montgomery looked better at center, that's his natural position.

the Redskins have been using natural centers as swing depth at guard for some time and the returns have not been positive. Washington has to start drafting and developing guys who have the size and strength to play OG.

Well with a zone blocking scheme size and strength become slightly less important, you don't want guys at 280 in there but the ability to move and good feet become more important. I do agree though we do need to bring in better quality guards as a priority for next year.

Don't think that had anything to do with it...most of these guys were taking second-team snaps, at the most, this week.

Love how it turned out, though! The interior needed some youth.

Huh? Coaching had NOTHING to do with it? Dude, they got blown out 6 days ago, they already had 2 of thier leaders on D out for the game, anothe 7-8 players got injured during the game. The players should be commended, but you don't get those type of results against adversity with out coaching.

Huh? Coaching had NOTHING to do with it? Dude, they got blown out 6 days ago, they already had 2 of thier leaders on D out for the game, anothe 7-8 players got injured during the game. The players should be commended, but you don't get those type of results against adversity with out coaching.

Should have been more specific, I meant in relation to the backup OL. It sounded like you were saying the coaching staff did a great job preparing them...when in reality, the coaching staff spends most of its time preparing the #1's.

In general though, yes, most of the credit for this win goes to the coaches.

Also did anyone else see the play were Trent Williams blocked two guys at the same time in pass protection? he punched the DE with his left hand and a linebacker with his right hand. Thought he had an awesome game tonight.
Glad I'm not the only one that saw that. He did it multiple times. He's a huge human being, great quickness for being that big too.

Though I swear I also saw him jump early twice, neither of which were called.

I won't lie, when it got down to Heyer at guard because he was all that was left, I cringed and could only picture the worst. I would never have imagined Heyer was a competent gurad, espcially with Monty as the backup C next to him. That line performed well. Hopefully they keep Heyer at G for a game or 2 to see how he really is, maybe bring up Capers for a look as a backup.

Cooley was spot on today. Very impressive. it was good to see portis back in but that didnt last too long. good job skins!! 5-5 now (havent we won more games now than the entire '09 season?

yes, surpassed last year's 4-12 embarassment. No one here should be disapponited if we finish 7-9. We have many of the same players and some UDFAs playing for us so the difference between 2009 and 2010 is the coaching. It's going to take some time to rid this team of Vinnie's decisions and the culture of losing Shannahan inhherited. 7-9 wouldn't be horribly bad despite a losing record. Anything over 8-8 would be great considering we still have NYGx2, Jax, an improved Tampa and Dallas(playing better) on the schedule.

Heyer looks better at guard than tackle. Rabach is smart, a leader, and all the good stuff but his body isn't able. Montgomery wasn't great but he could block in the literal sense. Rabach just can't block.

And that is why Heyer is on the team and dresses every game. He is not great, or even that good, but he can play LT, RT, LR, LG at an average level. That is what you want from a back-up linemen.

To the guy that said CP is the worst, you have no idea of what you're looking at. He was solid until the injury, & unlike Rabach, can block defenders. Rabach is the worst player. He only can play one position, Heyer was at least serviceable at Guard. Another reason I thought the line did so well: How many times did the Titans bring the blitz?

Archived