Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

According to Yahoo Answers Jimi Hendrix is not as good as Justin Beiber

kiingspadee

Where can I start with this?

1) Justin Bieber is HAWT. Jimi Hen-dick was an ugly old dude that drank.

2) Justin is alive. Jimi is dead. 'Nuff said.

3) Justin can sing. Jimi sounds like he's dying. Oh, wait, he's already dead. My bad.

4) Justin can play the guitar better than Clapton. Jimi could hold it and stare in space.

5) Justin made decent music with thought and imagine. Jimi stole other people's riffs and tossed them together sloppily.

Sheesh, I wonder who wins?

OH LAWD!!!!!!

It's to be expected. Hendrix is no longer mainstream and therefore not going to be as popular.

Plus what type of sample is the pool for this poll? I don't imagine many guitarist are participating in relation to the number of mainstream music followers. ( or like someone said teenage girls.)

Now I am inspired to play Hendrix at extremely loud levels.

It is an interesting thing looking at the changes in music over a long period of time. Jimi Hendrix was a god of the guitar, but I'm sure in his day there were plenty of people like my grandfather who thought that classical music like Beethoven and Tchaikovsky was obviously more ingenious, complex, and imaginative. I tend to agree with them on that point, as the musical genius it takes to think up an hour long symphony with hundreds of instruments in one's head is probably a bit more impressive than the musical genius of great rock musicians.

Still, we can at least say that doing what Hendrix and others like him do or did is extremely difficult and only a few human beings ever in existence have been that innovative and creative as musicians. Beethoven wrote his 9th symphony in 1824- 186 years ago and we still listen to it, play it, and revere it to this day. He is a legend and will live on forever through musical change exactly as he was. Jimi Hendrix died 40 years ago and I know that many guitarists turn to his work for inspiration today. As with Beethoven, the genre of music Jimi cultivated is slowly dying out in the mainstream, but his work and his legend will live on forever.

10 years from now chances are nobody gives a **** about Justin Beiber, or he's a walking joke like Britney Spears has turned into.

It is an interesting thing looking at the changes in music over a long period of time. Jimi Hendrix was a god of the guitar, but I'm sure in his day there were plenty of people like my grandfather who thought that classical music like Beethoven and Tchaikovsky was obviously more ingenious, complex, and imaginative. I tend to agree with them on that point, as the musical genius it takes to think up an hour long symphony with hundreds of instruments in one's head is probably a bit more impressive than the musical genius of great rock musicians.

Still, we can at least say that doing what Hendrix and others like him do or did is extremely difficult and only a few human beings ever in existence have been that innovative and creative as musicians. Beethoven wrote his 9th symphony in 1824- 186 years ago and we still listen to it, play it, and revere it to this day. He is a legend and will live on forever through musical change exactly as he was. Jimi Hendrix died 40 years ago and I know that many guitarists turn to his work for inspiration today. As with Beethoven, the genre of music Jimi cultivated is slowly dying out in the mainstream, but his work and his legend will live on forever.

10 years from now chances are nobody gives a **** about Justin Beiber, or he's a walking joke like Britney Spears has turned into.

Awesome post. Although there are many differences between an orchestral composer and a guitar player improvising on the spot constantly. I find the improv of a Hendrix-like guitar player a bit more interesting than a prepared read-off-a-sheet classical piece. However, both are musicians and both are geniuses, Beiber is not. He's a small tool.

Well, sure today. After being dead so many years, I'm sure Jimi's fingers are a bit stiff and that might impact his guitar playing. Geez, Beiber can only compete with guys who aren't alive doesn't say much for a musicality. Dead men can't really sing or do much really.

Of course Beiber is more popular than Hendrix.

Let's face it people, we're old. To the kids today, music like Jimi's is as outdated to them, as '30's and '40's music was to us. OK for it's time, but nothing today.

That's not true at all. Most of my friends have a good dose of classic rock on their MP3 players. I listen to a bunch of classic rock and new wave.

Archived