Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dare I Say It?.......ROOT FOR DALLAS!?!?!?!?!?!

Chase M

In the short term, it may seem like we should root for Dallas because the Giants are slightly ahead of us. However, if Dallas gets a huge win, especially if they blow the Giants out, they could get some momentum and confidence; thus, crawling their way back into things. I want the Giants to win and give the Cowboys a death blow. We will just have to take care of business when we finally meet the G-men.

No. Although it would be good to have the Giants lose I would rather have them put the damn brakes on the Cowturds. Absolute dagger in the heart . It would put that misbegotten organization out of all contention. They wouldn't recover.

Let our Skins worry all about what they are going to do to win the east. And let the other teams fight their own battles. :logo:

Speaking of cowgirls - a little off topic - but why do people keep on saying things like they have SB caliber player?

Cowher might be very interested in cashing Jerry Jones' checks and coaching a team with Super Bowl-caliber talent.

Giants need to put the cowturds away this season. Period. One less team to worry about. We can take care of the Giants when we play them.

These type threads come up all the time and I can't stand them.

I hate the Cowboys as much as anybody but I love the Redskins more than I hate the Cowboys. If it gives us a better chance at a wild card/division title, then I'm going to root for the Cowboys that day.

It's just like the people who were whining in week 17 the last two seasons about how much they WANT TO WIN SO BADLY so we can end up with a winning record in 2008 (even though it meant nothing) and winning the last game in 2009 for no reason at all, even at the cost of our draft position.

Well we ended up with Brian Orakpo and Trent Williams instead. How did that work out?

I'm more of a Redskins fan than a Dallas hater...(bit of an oxymoron i know) so ill be rooting for Dallas this weekend...I want them to win because it means the better the chances for Skins to win the division for at least 1 more week....Dallas is done anyway lol

The NFL is not a 2 team league no matter how much we hate Dallas. At this point of the season we can almost see what we need/want to happen (positioning for the playoff wise) even though there's plenty of time left....i.e.

An Atlanta loss against the Bengals would be nice but probably unlikely

It would be good for us, if Cleveland handles the Saints, which I am 99% will NOT happen

Seattle and Arizona will be playing one another so one of those teams are BOUND to win

I would like TB to beat St. Louis to drop them below our record because they beat us

Minnesota beating Green Bay would be nice because if we beat Minnesota we will have at least THAT "common opponents" edge

It is not about not thinking that we can or can not handle the Giants when we play them but instead hoping that our 'Skins do as they need to do, while other scenarios work out for us for the rest of the season...That is part of an NFL season and why we love to see it play out!!

All y'all that are rooting for Dallas....:nono: There is no need to be rooting for them this early in the season. I could see if it was week 13 or 14 & we need them to win to help us into the Paloffs, but it is WAAAAAAY too early for something like that to be determined right now.

PLEASE, I implore you not to go to the Dark Side, even for a few hours just because it APPEARS to help us now! Think of the consequences! What happens if Dallas wins this game & because of the confidence boost, they suddenly are able to right their ship & make a run themselves? Then we are competing with Dallas, not NY! I would much rather be dealing with the Giants then the Cowboys. AND you will have been rooting for Dallas for nothing...and you will feel dirty & whore-ish for doing so. You could ultimately be rooting for our demise, despite how things look right now.

I am BEGGING you! DON'T DO IT!!!! :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

:D:silly:

Guest Spearfeather

Don't agree with the 1 -1 thing, but I'll just paste what I posted in the 3 -3 Half - full or Half - empty thread a few days ago.

My thoughts precisely. That 3 - 1, and 2 - 0 are BIG. When " paloff " time comes around, it's not just how many you win, but who you beat. If we beat Chicago and Detroit, I'm saying we go to the playoffs.

Not me. G-Men are the only one of our NFCE rivals I respect.

I could imagine me rooting for Dallas, if this were week 16 or 17, and the Giants were a game ahead. I'd hate it, but I'd do it.

But that's not the case, here.

Die, Dallas, die.

I actually hope that it becomes a rivalry again because for the past 10-15 years Pittsburgh has become Dallas' main rival and trash talkers because of SB victories. The only time that they acknowledge us is when we are about to play them but we worry about them each and every game that they play even if it takes our team not making the playoffs.

We should first hope that we improve (which we are doing), then get in the playoffs (with or without help) and then get some rings around some fingers.

I actually hope that it becomes a rivalry again because for the past 10-15 years Pittsburgh has become Dallas' main rival and trash talkers because of SB victories. The only time that they acknowledge us is when we are about to play them but we worry about them each and every game that they play even if it takes our team not making the playoffs.

We should first hope that we improve (which we are doing), then get in the playoffs (with or without help) and then get some rings around some fingers.

Trash talk maybe, but rivals no. I'm not suggesting that the Skins get overlooked by other NFCE teams, but you can bet we're on the path back to relevance.

nooo because then Wade Phillips wouldn't be the cowboys coach anymore...lol

You raise a very valid point....

Another valid point...or question, if you will: Who the HELL starts a thread seriously suggesting we root for Dallass? I mean, it's already a dumb proposal, but to put that on the official Redskins message board?

Archived