Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dare I Say It?.......ROOT FOR DALLAS!?!?!?!?!?!

Chase M

The only situation where I'd root for dallas is like in week 17 or so, if by them winning, we make the playoffs.

Even then, I think I'd feel dirty.

**** the cowboys!

That happened one year when I was a kid - maybe sometime back in the 80's. I can't tell you the year or who they were playing (if any Redskins historians can chime in that would be great) but if my memory serves me right there was one year that we needed Dallas to win in week 17 for us to get into the playoffs. I put my self esteem aside and pulled for them and to this day I'm convinced those ***** ***** sons of ***** threw that game. NEVER AGAIN!

Hey, just one side note to this whole game, and thread. Has anyone noticed that the Giants are playing better than anyone in the NFC, and they've got ONE WR who's 6' tall, all the rest are shorter.

Actually, here are the passing offense rankings for teams in the top 10 who don't have a receiver over 6'0" getting significant playing time:

2. Indianopolis 314.2 ypg (their top 3 WRs, Wayne, Collie, and Garcon, are 6' exactly)

9. Washington 244.2 (2 yards short of 8th, Philly with what lots of tv people say are the best 2 starting WRs in the league, and 4 yards short of 7th, Cincy who have TO and athlete formerly named Chad Johnson)

12. Giants (Nicks is 6', Smith and Manningham are both 5'11")

Our passing game just needs to be a little more consistent, IMO.

I'm just saying this for the "WE NEED TALLER WRs!" crowd.

.......and cause it appears the OP could use a little relief.

If you are going to go that route why not just root for the Eagles charter flight back from Tennessee to crash into the Jerrah Dome during the game?

Are you out of your mind???

1. The Eagles are from Philly and Titans from Tennessee therefore the plane would have no need to go there.

2. Then Jerrah Dome might not be built again in time for us ExtremeSkins to fill it up for the 'Skins in the Superbowl

I don't get why people like to root against Dallas more than for the Skins.

It helps the Skins more for Dallas to win this weekend, period. I'll suck it up and root for them to get the job done.

No. No. No. No. :no:

You just look for the Cowgirls vs Gnats game score and if the Girls win, you say "oh, well that helps the Redskins" but you NEVER, EVER actually root for them to win. Comprende? :cheers:

That happened one year when I was a kid - maybe sometime back in the 80's. I can't tell you the year or who they were playing (if any Redskins historians can chime in that would be great) but if my memory serves me right there was one year that we needed Dallas to win in week 17 for us to get into the playoffs. I put my self esteem aside and pulled for them and to this day I'm convinced those ***** ***** sons of ***** threw that game. NEVER AGAIN!

Looked it up. It was 1985 the Cowboys played the 49ers in week 17. The Cowboys had a playoff spot locked and the Skins would have gotten the last wild card spot if the Cowboys won. I am still convinced they threw that game.

It helps the Skins more for Dallas to win this weekend, period. I'll suck it up and root for them to get the job done.

I cant see you getting good feedback in the near future, just sayin....

:rolleyes:

I don't really care about my feedback on extremeskins, if people are that short sighted they can't see what's best for the Skins....well, it wouldn't be the first time on THIS forum. Freakin' lol.

The Giants are going to be challenging for a division title, the Cowboys are not. We need the Giants to drop a division game against someone besides us. And since Philly is also contending, logically, we need Dallas to do that.

Reading this thread should tell you that some people seem to care more about hating on Dallas than rooting for the Redskins. Don't get me wrong, I hate the Cowboys too, but not enough that I want them to hurt OUR playoff chances.

I don't really care about my feedback on extremeskins, if people are that short sighted they can't see what's best for the Skins....well, it wouldn't be the first time on THIS forum. Freakin' lol.

The Giants are going to be challenging for a division title, the Cowboys are not. We need the Giants to drop a division game against someone besides us. And since Philly is also contending, logically, we need Dallas to do that.

Reading this thread should tell you that some people seem to care more about hating on Dallas than rooting for the Redskins. Don't get me wrong, I hate the Cowboys too, but not enough that I want them to hurt OUR playoff chances.

As of now... We control our own destiny...

We can go 13-3 and the Giants (Given the previous scenario) would go 13-3, we would have a 6-0 record in the Division they would have a 4-2 record... We would win the NFCE...

I hope Dallas loses...

As of now... We control our own destiny...

We can go 13-3 and the Giants (Given the previous scenario) would go 13-3, we would have a 6-0 record in the Division they would have a 4-2 record... We would win the NFCE...

I hope Dallas loses...

Yes, because that is certainly a likely scenario. Give me a freakin' break :rolleyes:

Im sure you'll all remember how happy you were that Dallas lost in week 7 if we lose the division to the Giants by a game.

Brought to you by the official message board of the Washington Redskins. :doh:

I don't know about anybody else, but Dallas has broken my heart way too many times for me to want any sorta success for them, ever. I don't just love to hate them by default, they f'n earned it over a period of years in my lifetime and couple decades before me. As a redskins fan, I can't understand why any other redskins fans would despise any team more then the Dallas Cowboys. I'm trying, but for me the math just doesn't add up...

We ALL know if Dallas wins, it would help our cause...

Just read this thread, that's patently untrue. Somehow people seem to believe the Giants winning is a good thing for the Redskins. There was a very similar thread to this in the ATN forum this week and people were saying the same things.

edit: This is all academic anyway as the Giants are probably going to smear the Cowboys all over national TV and send them to 1-5. Im not saying I won't enjoy it (greatly), I'm just saying it'd be better for the Skins if the Cowboys get finished off next week.

Couldn’t disagree with you more. You’re certainly entitled to your opinion that Redskins fans should cheer for the Cowboys with 9-10 weeks left in the season in what could ultimately turn into a meaningless game – with respect to division standings. (There is a lot of football left to be played). But to call people "short sighted" just because they don’t share your view is ridiculous. If anything not having enough faith in the Redskins to win games themselves, especially when we are already undefeated in our division, could be seen as short sighted. Maybe you can expend some of that energy you’re using to ridicule other Skins fans on increasing your own faith in our team.

First of all, I think the cowgirls will win on Monday. Secondly a cowgirls win actually favors us because they put us back on top of the NFC East assuming we beat the Bears and the Eagles lose to the Titans. As for the cowgirls gaining any momentum with a win, that momentum should be killed in another 2 weeks when they go to the New Giants stadium where I expect them to get beaten and beaten well. As long as we take care of our business then we will be good, trust me.

Couldn’t disagree with you more. You’re certainly entitled to your opinion that Redskins fans should cheer for the Cowboys with 9-10 weeks left in the season in what could ultimately turn into a meaningless game – with respect to division standings. (There is a lot of football left to be played). But to call people "short sighted" just because they don’t share your view is ridiculous. If anything not having enough faith in the Redskins to win games themselves, especially when we are already undefeated in our division, could be seen as short sighted. Maybe you can expend some of that energy you’re using to ridicule other Skins fans on increasing your own faith in our team.

short·sight·ed (shôrtstd)

adj.

1. Nearsighted; myopic.

2. Lacking foresight.

Sorry for calling it as it is. A team that is 1-4 and would have to run the table and get a lot of help along the way, or a team that has swept us for 2 straight seasons, is threatening to win the division again and who we still could potentially lose to twice? You evaluate which is potentially better for us in the long run. What does faith have to do with it? I can believe all I want that the Redskins are gonna sweep the Giants (and Eagles and Cowboys) and go 6-0 in the division, but history and common sense tell me that it isn't going to happen. Therefore, it's best that the Giants drop some games, especially a division game. By the way, I'm not ridiculing anyone (not that it takes energy to post on a message board, either) - I'm simply pointing out that some Skins fans let their hatred of Dallas gets in the way of what's best for US.

Archived