Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dare I Say It?.......ROOT FOR DALLAS!?!?!?!?!?!

Chase M

It was way too early in the season for this thread.

Amen, and with the way we've been playing (plus with the way the NFC is), there's no reason to even look at the division standings until at least week 13 or 14. There's way too much football to be played and it's FAR too early to even entertain thoughts of the post season.

Amen, and with the way we've been playing (plus with the way the NFC is), there's no reason to even look at the division standings until at least week 13 or 14. There's way too much football to be played and it's FAR too early to even entertain thoughts of the post season.

Too each there own..Some follow standings throughout the season (me being one of the some) and some will wait to week 13-17 (more power to them), it's a matter of preferences...Those who follow standings early knows that last nights game hurt us THIS week. Will we be OK? Probably... but the more detailed (NOT the better but the more detailed) fan knows that THIS week, last night's game would have helped.

There's no right or wrong way to follow football...NOW ON TO DETROIT!!!...GO 'SKINS!!

Too each there own..Some follow standings throughout the season (me being one of the some) and some will wait to week 13-17 (more power to them), it's a matter of preferences...Those who follow standings early knows that last nights game hurt us THIS week. Will we be OK? Probably... but the more detailed (NOT the better but the more detailed) fan knows that THIS week, last night's game would have helped.

There's no right or wrong way to follow football...NOW ON TO DETROIT!!!...GO 'SKINS!!

Nah man I'm pretty detailed and I still thought having the Giants win is better. Why? Because its better to have a 3 team race than a 4 team race. If we win this week we're a half game behind the Giants going into the bye. AND WE STILL HAVEN'T PLAYED THEM! Sure if the Giants had lost and we won this week we'd be a game up, but the Cowboys would have had hope and possibly some momentum. I'll always take a half game behind and a 3 team race with two games against the leader than a game up with 9 games to go and 4 team race.

Plus be honest, it was way more pleasurable seeing the Cowboys lose than it would have been had the Giants won. Don't lie you know it was.

Let's say we split with the Giants this year (which is probably the best we can reasonably hope for). Then we'd still need to pick up a game on them somewhere down the road. Which means we essentially lost control of our own destiny with the Giants' win Monday night. (Yes, if we beat the Giants twice, we do control our destiny. But I don't think banking on sweeping them is realistic.)

Yeah, I know it's early, but the Giants won't lose many more games this year. So any chance for them to lose a game is critical.

Monday night is over, and yeah it's cool that Dallas is pretty much buried. But I won't back down from my belief that a Dallas win would have been better for us in the long run.

Let's say we split with the Giants this year (which is probably the best we can reasonably hope for). Then we'd still need to pick up a game on them somewhere down the road. Which means we essentially lost control of our own destiny with the Giants' win Monday night. (Yes, if we beat the Giants twice, we do control our destiny. But I don't think banking on sweeping them is realistic.)

Yeah, I know it's early, but the Giants won't lose many more games this year. So any chance for them to lose a game is critical.

Monday night is over, and yeah it's cool that Dallas is pretty much buried. But I won't back down from my belief that a Dallas win would have been better for us in the long run.

This, very succinctly, sums up my position. Not only is it not realistic to think we will sweep the Giants, WHEN we play the Giants is critical. We play @ NY first and if we don't win that game it's possible the Giants will basically clinch the division then because its so late in the season. That would make the 1/2 game at FedEx meaningful only in terms of the wildcard.

We still have a shot at the division, but the Giants losing would have been a much much better scenario for us. The Giants remaining schedule looks fairly easy. We need to hope they split with the Eagles and that we complete the sweep of the Eagles in a couple of weeks. We also need to go into Dallas and complete the sweep. Sounds easy, but they're going to play like it's the SuperBowl, just you watch.

Of course...this is all moot if we cant beat Detroit on Halloween. :)

This is an assumption. A very big one esp in this years NFL.

Yes, but the people who were pulling for the Giants were assuming that the Cowboys would magically rise from the dead this season, which is a much bigger stretch and assumption. We're dealing with probability here, and probability states that the Giants will be a bigger threat to our playoff hopes this year than the Cowboys will be.

Sure, everything's an assumption, but you make those assumptions based on probability.

Archived