Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dare I Say It?.......ROOT FOR DALLAS!?!?!?!?!?!

Chase M

Absolutely not. Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. I know we all want to win the division but let's keep things in perspective. This is the first year of our offense and defense, so all success expected or not is welcomed. Any chance for Cow!#$% to lose their games, I'm rooting for that. I'd like to see them buried this season of hype.

:helmet:

It's because being in 1st place in the division in week 7--based on tiebreakers--wins you absolutely jack **** in the NFL.

Right now it doesn't matter if the Giants are 4-3 or 5-2. When we play against the Giants for the first time this season it won't matter if the Giants are one game ahead of us, one game behind us, or have the same record as us...we'll still absolutely HAVE to beat them in order to achieve any real success this year. So there is no real extra benefit to the Giants losing over the Cowboys losing. And I am in no way convinced that the Cowboys are incapable of stringing together 2-3 wins and keeping themselves in the playoff hunt should they beat the Giants. But I am convinced that being 1-5 would effect that particular Cowboys team in such a way that they wouldn't be able to bounce back from it at all. The Cowboys can be eliminated now...not 5 weeks from now. I'd prefer that, and yes, part of it is because the Cowboys are our most hated rivals, because they are an incredibly arrogant bunch, both the team and their fans, all the way up to their owner.

As for your Eagles/Cowboys example, I wouldn't trust an Eagles team lead by either Vick or Kolb to be able to climb out of a 1-4 hole, so yeah, I'd be ok with them winning if they were the ones playing tonight and were 1-4 instead of Dallas. However, if McNabb were still with them and playing the way he's always played, I'd see all kinds of positives in the Giants winning tonight and the Eagles losing...and wouldn't mind seeing that happen at all.

And NONE of what I said means I hate the Cowboys or Eagles more than I love the Redskins. Just means I understand the realities of any average football season...and that I want to see my favorite team take advantage of the situations they themselves are presented. Because when and if they do, it will be an indication that they can do more this season than eek out some regular season wins and crow about being the Week 7 division champions.

Hey I'm just glad that your a fan of the burgundy and gold! And your definitely entitled to your opinion. Just know that your opinion puts the giants in sole first place of the division, puts the Redskins in 2nd place and leaves the cowboys at 1-5 in which they could still get on a roll and make the playoffs. And your also saying that if the Redskins lose to the Giants then they wont do anything meaningful this season (not sure what rationale your using for that conclusion but hey to each their own).

Basically we want the same thing but just by a different path.

You want the Redskins to win the division by beating the giants.

I want the Redskins to win the division by any means necessary!

Lets just see how it works out in the end! ;)

HTTR

I hate both Dallas and the Giants, so I don't ever necessarily root for one over the other on emotion unless the Skins are completely out of it.

That said, the Giants can (to use their terms) 'stomp out' the Cowboys' season tonight. A Giants win puts the Giants at 5-2, us and Phillthy at 4-3, and Dallas all the way back at 1-5. That is essentially game over for the Cowboys, and we have 2 games against the Giants (and they have 5 total against the NFC East) for us to make up the 1-game ground. We control our own destiny.

If Dallas wins, yeah, we are technically in first place heading into week 8. But that lets Dallas back into the mix at 2-4, one game behind the other 3 teams in the loss column.

So if Dallas wins, the NFC East is essentially a 4-team race. If the Giants win, it is a 3-team race - I like our odds better in that scenario. Remember, you don't get anything for leading the division in week 8. I'm worried about week 17.

I say we knock these clowns out one at a time. Keep the foot on Dallas' throat and give them 5 losses this week. Then, we take care of our own business and handle the Eagles and Giants over the rest of the season.

they way i see it ya'll these next 2 weeks are either going to make or break our season. If we go 2-0 i guarantee we will be a playoff team this year. But if we go 1-1 or 0-2 over these next 2 games, well bye bye season.

this week is huge for our division. Eagles could easily drop to 4-3 this week and we're guarnateed another team in our division will get an l but the question is who?

they way i look at it is 1 of 2 ways. If giants beat the cowboys this week than you can kiss bye bye to dallas and rest easy you wont hear chatter from their end for awhile. But if dallas wins then the playing feild might be even again and we'll be back in 1st! (if we win) the only problem i have with dallas winning is they might get momentum and start to roll and come back... So! The question i ask my great es family, do we root for dallas this week?

never

I see a few people in this thread saying they could never ever root for the Cowboys under any circumstances. I'm curious, what if we needed them to win for us to make the playoffs? Tough eh, you pretty much have to root for them right? By the way this happened back in 1985. We finished 10-6 and needed Dallas to win for us to make the playoffs. Naturally they lost.

is there a way that the Giants and Dallas game gets cancelled due to "Suck delay" and they both get losses?

You beat me to it...lol...I was gonna say "maybe they both will lose". We can name it *Oversuck*. Although, if they go to OT and noone wins....they both walk away with ties. Hmmm.

Yea...true. If the Giants go 5-2 remember...we're still 2-0 in our division. So we wouldn't be too far behind. We just have to win the games we're supposed to. Hopefully McNabb can pull it together against Detroit. I want at least 1 commanding win. like 35-14 type win. My chest hurts from all these close games man.

I guess I could throw my 2cent in. I hate Dallas but I also hate the G-men and Philly but I hate no one team like I hate Dallas so it's only logical that I root for the G-man. The G-man could land a crushing blow against the boys and the way this season is rounding out in the NFC a win for the boys could awake a sleeping giant. To be honest if the Boys win they would only be one game out in the lost column with a record of 1-1 in the division. Just suppose they run the table in the division then it's quite possible that they could over take everybody and still win the division. Looking at it from a Redskins perspective I would much rather see Dallas at 1-5 then 2-4 especially after looking at their second half schedule. Every game in the second half is truly winnable for the boys with only one exception @ Indy which in all honestly they still could pull out a win. I'm with all that think it's better to keep a giant asleep then to wake him then feed him and give him a reason to live again. I hope the G-men crush them and break their will for the entire season. We have two chances at the Giants and if we take care of our own we can easily pass them.

I can't believe that I have to root for the Cowboys now. You never root for a division foe to win on the road in division.

But I do hate the Giants with a passion. The Cowboys are a natural hate. The Giants' hate has been learned!

I hate everything about the Giants. Their ugly uniforms, their ratarded QB, the soft Osi, Coughlins red skin, no pun intended. ;)

Heck if ONE loss is "gonna put Dallas out" for good this season, let it happen after they help us get to first place. If it is going to only take ONE more loss, it shouldn't matter when it happens as long as it happens and they will lose again and again and again. I am not scared of Dallas "running any tables" with Tony Romo sits to pee at QB so 4 losses against one win, this early in the season has more than likely sealed their fate ...I will never fear the Cowboys 'cause they ain't as scary as we are making them out to be here .

The argument about not "needing help in week 7" is simply ludicrous but I guess if we keep saying it in different forms we can make it look believable ....The bottom line is EVERY week counts.

For this ONE week/day...GO GET 'EM 'GIRLS!!

Heck if ONE loss is "gonna put Dallas out" for good this season, let it happen after they help us get to first place. If it is going to only take ONE more loss, it shouldn't matter when it happens as long as it happens and they will lose again and again and again. I am not scared of Dallas "running any tables" with Tony Romo sits to pee at QB so 4 losses against one win, this early in the season has more than likely sealed their fate ...I will never fear the Cowboys 'cause they ain't as scary as we are making them out to be here .

The argument about not "needing help in week 7" is simply ludicrous but I guess if we keep saying it in different forms we can make it look believable ....The bottom line is EVERY week counts.

For this ONE week/day...GO GET 'EM 'GIRLS!!

OMG! :doh:

Ok, there's no doubt that every week counts, but as I've stated earlier, I would rather be contending with the Giants come late in the season then a Cowboys team that started it's rally this week against the Giants. How can y'all not see this? What if the Cowboys were to start an 11 game winning streak tonight & right their ship? You really want to contend with that later on? Really? Not me. I don't want to hear much about the Cowboys after tonight, & the Giants putting them out of contention essentially for any kind of race in the East would be glorious. Someone else said earlier as well that if Dallas wins they will only be 1 1/2 games back with 10 weeks of football to go!

Being in 1st place in the East means NOTHING in week 7. N-O-T-H-I-N-G!!! In a few weeks, this debate will be moot & those who root for Dallas tonight, I hope you got A LOT of soap, because you will feel VERY dirty, as you should. GO G-MEN! CRUSH DEM COWGIRLS!!!!

There is no way, no way in this world, I will EVER pull for the Dallas Cowboys to win a game.

I take that back. The only way I could see myself rooting for Dallas to win is if their win would put the Redskins into the playoffs and Dallas was already eliminated from playoff contention.

Other than that, I want to see Dallas lose all hope....I want to see them laying on the ground with the Gmen's feet on their necks. I want them to wake up tomorrow and begin planning for the 2011 season.

Ok, there's no doubt that every week counts, but as I've stated earlier, I would rather be contending with the Giants come late in the season then a Cowboys team that started it's rally this week against the Giants. How can y'all not see this? What if the Cowboys were to start an 11 game winning streak tonight & right their ship? You really want to contend with that later on? Really? Not me. I don't want to hear much about the Cowboys after tonight, & the Giants putting them out of contention essentially for any kind of race in the East would be glorious. Someone else said earlier as well that if Dallas wins they will only be 1 1/2 games back with 10 weeks of football to go!

Being in 1st place in the East means NOTHING in week 7. N-O-T-H-I-N-G!!! In a few weeks, this debate will be moot & those who root for Dallas tonight, I hope you got A LOT of soap, because you will feel VERY dirty, as you should. GO G-MEN! CRUSH DEM COWGIRLS!!!!

MY feelings exactly. Excellent post!

:applause:

NO WAY.

I'd rather the Giants bury Dallas for good this season, then to see them have a legitimate chance of getting back into the hunt. The only way I'd want Dallas to win is if a W for them meant a Division title or playoff spot for us.

So what if the Giants go 5-2? There is plenty of football left, and they're schedule doesn't get any easier. We still have two games with them.

Plus, watching the paper Super Bowl champs go 1-5 would be awesome!:D

Too true, exactly what I've been sayin to my other friends that are Skins fans

Archived