Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dare I Say It?.......ROOT FOR DALLAS!?!?!?!?!?!

Chase M

First of all, I think the cowgirls will win on Monday. Secondly a cowgirls win actually favors us because they put us back on top of the NFC East assuming we beat the Bears and the Eagles lose to the Titans. As for the cowgirls gaining any momentum with a win, that momentum should be killed in another 2 weeks when they go to the New Giants stadium where I expect them to get beaten and beaten well. As long as we take care of our business then we will be good, trust me.

I agree it would be favorable, but the actual "rooting" for Dallas is blasphemous.

i think people are taking the whole "root" thing to seriously. if i "want" Dallas to win, doesnt mean im happy about it, cheering for good plays...doesnt mean i still dont cringe if they score...

i cant see any skins fan "rooting" for Dallas, but i see nothing wrong with actually wanting the 1-4 Cowboys to beat a better team in the Giants to help our cause out.

As much as I HATE the cowturds, I think it is in the best interest of the Redskins. The giants are looking like the team to beat in the NFC East right now, so if they lose, and the Redskins win, ny will still have the better record, but the Redskins will have the better Division record. Put your hatred aside, and do what is best for the Team. And remember...sometime the "enemy of my enemy is my friend".

If we win, then the Sunday Night Game is a win/win for us. If Dallas loses, we win and Dallas loses, and that's all a Skins fan can every really hope for. If Dallas wins, then we're back in first place, and you can't get mad at that either.

So, that being said, we just need to ****ing win.

Don't let your hate for Dallass interfere with your love for the skins. Let some other team knock the cowgirls out, not the team in 1st place in OUR division.

This is so true!!...We are in the thick of things but more than likely will need some help in the long run and IMO, the "long run" starts Monday night..Dallas will lose more games this season so this one I hope that they win

Just read this thread, that's patently untrue. Somehow people seem to believe the Giants winning is a good thing for the Redskins. There was a very similar thread to this in the ATN forum this week and people were saying the same things.

edit: This is all academic anyway as the Giants are probably going to smear the Cowboys all over national TV and send them to 1-5. Im not saying I won't enjoy it (greatly), I'm just saying it'd be better for the Skins if the Cowboys get finished off next week.

While your point is valid, it is also valid to say that rooting for Dallas to win is not necessary for us to have 1st place later in the season. So we don't hold 1st for another week. So what! If Dallas doesn't win another game this season, I will be happy. If the Redskins win more than 2 more games this season, they will have exceeded my expectations for this year. To root for Dallas, to me, would be equivalent to rooting for the devil. I don't care if the Redskins are in 2nd place after next week. The season doesn't end after next week & there's still a lot of football yet to be played. To hope for the Giants to lose to Dallas....? Man, I just can't do that. It doesn't REALLY hurt us & IF the Giants win the Division by 1 game, I SERIOUSLY doubt, looking back, we'll look at week 7 & say, "gee, I wish I had pulled for Dallas to win that game!" No, I would suspect we will all look at either the 2 games we played them or the 2 games they played the Eagles.

NEVER ROOT FOR DALLAS!!!! :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

If you are truly a Redskins fan, can you really root for Dallas?

Not sure?

Perhaps a reminder...

skins095-1.jpg

I ask again, can you really root for Dallas?

"Wanting Dallas" and wanting for Dallas to provide us with help is 2 totally different things...I hope that Dallas wins as a "true Redskins" fan because it will put us in a nice position as mid-season approaches

"Wanting Dallas" and wanting for Dallas to provide us with help is 2 totally different things...I hope that Dallas wins as a "true Redskins" fan because it will put us in a nice position as mid-season approaches

That's not what I am asking... my question is, as a "true Redskins" fan, can really you root for Dallas?

pwyl's rules of rooting:

1) Redskins

2) Any win / loss that helps the Redskins

3) Whoever is playing dallass

4) Whoever is playing philly

5) Whoever is playing ny

Now that being said, I will never root for dallass. In a case like the upcoming ny/dallass game, I look at it like getting a shot when you're sick... it stings but you know it's good for you in the long run.

pwyl's rules of rooting:

1) Redskins

2) Any win / loss that helps the Redskins

3) Whoever is playing dallass

4) Whoever is playing philly

5) Whoever is playing ny

Now that being said, I will never root for dallass. In a case like the upcoming ny/dallass game, I look at it like getting a shot when you're sick... it stings but you know it's good for you in the long run.

my exact order...couldnt have said it better :D

Can't we simply pay "Oldfan" and "BLC" to go to the stadium and chain lock both teams doors?

Maybe spike the gatorade with some potent laxatives?

Maybe tell the terrorists that both teams are the real infidels?

I'm with a few of you; I live in Texas, and to be forced to listen to the A-hole Cowboy fans if they win might cause me to go climb a tower!

So I vote they both commit to the team and Extremeskins and carry out the job set forth, so none of us have to worry or hear about either of them again.

P.S. I'll contribute the first dollar !!:D

Archived