Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Close Games Or Blowouts?

Chase M

I honestly don't get how that many people have heart attacks. I mean I'll get nervous at times because I want us to win, but you'd think a team with fans that's suffered for so long would take a win and not complain whether it's close or a blowout. I've seen plenty of people complain that our games have been too close

A blow out would be great sure, but a win is a win and that's all I care about. The bi-polar nature of Skins fans have been amusing though, not just on here but even in person. When we win, we're playoff contenders and we don't need any more receivers or weapons on offense :ols:. When we lose....we're doomed for eternity and we have plenty of holes. Then we hear the usual tirade of who sucks..

I honestly don't get how that many people have heart attacks. I mean I'll get nervous at times because I want us to win, but you'd think a team with fans that's suffered for so long would take a win and not complain whether it's close or a blowout. I've seen plenty of people complain that our games have been too close

Because when your heart skips a beat in the brief second (that seems like an eternity) between: Roy Williams catching the game winning TD and seeing the yellow flag, the ball hitting Avant in the hands in the endzone and Hall coming up with the pick as the clock reads 0:00, as you watch Crosbys kick drift and drift and drift and pray that it goes that extra 3 inches between bouncing outside the posts and making the miracle bounce inside the uprights...the human heart can only skip so many beats my friend! I'm happy as all hell after a win, but as that last (or seemingly last) play occurs, and someone my age sees 10 years of futility and miracle finishes against us happen, you'd prefer that they destroy a team 35-7 or 52-17 more often.

you need a combination of both throughout a good season. You need to be able to beat the hell out of someone physically and mathematically and then also squeeze out a few so that the team knows how to win those types of games. What's awesome for the Redskins is they've experienced 4 close ass games so far. It can't get any closer to be honest, the scores should be slightly more widespread once the offense gains some sort of McNabb consistency.

What type of game would you perfer more? I personally love good close games wether that be 3-3 or 40-40 but recently I honestly don't believe my Heart can handel another nail biter. :
Yea close games are great, but we take it to another level. I can't take anymore of these last play game decisions, so lets just blow out the Colts and everyone else in our way.

We had alot of blowouts in the 1991 season. I loved it. I loved dominating the other team. We had a couple of close games (at Dallass 33-31, Houston 16-13 ot, Dallas 21-24 and Philly 22-24) but it was so much fun knowing the other team didn't stand a chance. Most fun I've ever had watching the Redskins.
That was an awesome season.

Psychologically, I think this team can't tolerate blowouts right now. Seems they need to keep their egos in check.

In a perfect world, we'd struggle to win games until mid-season to later season where we begin to put it together and peak at the right time.

I prefer blow-outs but as long as we're winning while trying to get it right.

I'll take close games for now.

Archived