Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Close Games Or Blowouts?

Chase M

What type of game would you perfer more? I personally love good close games wether that be 3-3 or 40-40 but recently I honestly don't believe my Heart can handel another nail biter. So with that said I'm hopeing for a 28-3 win on Sunday :silly:

My question is not just from a Skins fan POV but from a Football fans POV in general. What would you enjoy watching more, a close game or a blowout?

Edit: The only time I enjoy watching a blowout if it's against the Cowboys.......... :ols:

Usually a blowout. But if it's a high-scoring close game then I'd take that over a blowout. Personally, I'd hate watching, say..9-6 scoring games like we had last year against the Rams. I'd much rather watch a 30-27 game like we had against Houston this year.

I love blowouts but sometimes an entire season of close games is better overall...you don't start getting any funny ideas about your team- you know exactly who and what they are. Take 2006 for example. We started out the season with a defensive battle vs. the Vikings and lost, then we got blown out in Dallas, then we blew out Houston, then a close win against Jacksonville, then got dominated by the Giants, a tight loss to the Titans, tighter loss to the Colts than the score indicated, then we had the blocked field goal game vs. Dallas, got blown out by Philly...

I know the example isn't good when its mostly blowout losses, but I remember the start of that season nobody knew what to think. We went from tight loss defensive battle to getting blown out, to blowing someone else out, to a high scoring OT victory all in the span of 4 weeks. I hate ups and downs.

Give me a team like we have now any day- never out of the game, always fighting hard, taking teams down to the wire...

I think next season if we have the right pieces in place we could start becoming a good team: one which will battle and fight with the good teams while taking them to the wire, and then go out against bad teams and blow them out.

If I don't have a horse in the race, tight games are my preference, especially higher scoring ones. Now with the Redskins I prefer blowout wins but any win is preferable. Of course, a close win opens the door to some painful ifs. The pain from a blowout losses is more intense but doesn't last as long as a close loss as with a close loss, the ifs are going to haunt me all week while in a blow-out, it'd take to many to change the outcome. For example, when we lost to Houston, all the way to Saturday I still had part of my mind on the FG miscue, the missed tackle and the other 2 red-zone failures. With the St Louis loss, by Wednesday I was all but able to forget.

We had alot of blowouts in the 1991 season. I loved it. I loved dominating the other team. We had a couple of close games (at Dallass 33-31, Houston 16-13 ot, Dallas 21-24 and Philly 22-24) but it was so much fun knowing the other team didn't stand a chance. Most fun I've ever had watching the Redskins.

The right answer is it doesn't matter as long as the Skins win :)

Since I go to many of the games at FedEx, I like close games at home and blowouts on the road. Don't get me wrong.......the games when we crushed the Lions in the playoffs in early 2000 and when we dominated the Cowboys in 2005 were sweet.......but I like it when the stadium crowd is intense from start to finish, with each fan feeling like they are participating in helping the team to win.

For those who saw the three Skins SB victories live, which one did you enjoy the most? I liked the one over the Dolphins the best, not only because it was our first Lombardi, but also because it was a hell of a game, topped off by Riggo's dramatic run. The other two were great as well, but not as memorable to me as that one.

I've always said that I want the Redskins to be the most boring team in the league due to beating the brains out of everyone they face.

I wish we had the offense of the Colts and the defense of the Ravens or Jets...just going out there and beating the living snot out of everyone and boring everyone out there to tears.

ehhh depends. An ugly game ending in 3-0...technically close, but who wants to watch putrid football? Something more along the lines of Was/GB or Was/Hou? Sure, thats good football, keeps me interested. Blowouts...sure I enjoy the skins blowing other teams out, but it doesn't keep me as interested as those back and forth games.

Archived