Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else concerned about McNabb running out?

H-O-G

With about 3 minutes left, mcnabb scrambled for a first down and instead of taking the easy slide inbounds that would take the clock close to the 2 minute warning, he jogs out of bounds...It wasn't a smart football play, anyone else care about it when it happened like I did?

I was definitely annoyed... not a smart play at all. It was a clutch play on 3rd and 4, and we needed to convert to milk the clock more, so he definitely missed that point in a big way by running out of bounds. However, he still converted for the first and gave us another three downs to milk the clock. So if you look at it the play in its totality, it was more positive then negative.

Yeah, it didn't make sense that he ran out of bounds. It looked like he took the extra yards over sliding, and realized that he would have likely got wrecked had he tried to slide (it looked like someone bearing down on him) so he just went out of bounds to avoid a hit. But still, I would have preferred him just get the first down and slide straight to the ground rather than get 6/7 more yards in that particular situation.

Avant almost caught that hail mary at the end of the game. It was in his hands and he just dropped it. That's how close we came to losing. If McNabb slides and keeps the clock going, it never gets that far. HELL YES that concerned me.

I like McNabb. But he is prone to some boneheaded plays sometimes. He started strong and had some other good moments, but today was NOT a good day for him.

I think McNabb was more worried about getting hit and having the ball knocked out. It wasn't the smartest play in the world, but the result of the play is what counts the most.

Um.... If he slides and gets hit, it's a penalty against the eagles.

McNabb had several mental errors during the game: Running out of bounds to stop the clock. Throw in the dirt to a wide open Cooley. The intercepted pass where there wasn't a burgundy shirt for yards.

I'm going to chalk it up to nerves from being at the Linc again as a Skin and sleep well tonight knowing that the Skins beat Philthy in their own house.

Avant almost caught that hail mary at the end of the game. It was in his hands and he just dropped it. That's how close we came to losing. If McNabb slides and keeps the clock going, it never gets that far. HELL YES that concerned me.

I like McNabb. But he is prone to some boneheaded plays sometimes. He started strong and had some other good moments, but today was NOT a good day for him.

Texans game too we couldnt stop a Hail Mary and it cost us a game we should have closed out easily. The last 39 minutes (!) of this game were horrible!

To me McNabb has always had that slight Favre tendency of just throw it and try to make something happen. As for the OB play, who knows - making sure he doesnt take a hit and lose the ball? I was just glad for the first down and keep the ball. It was only after the play I realised we had stooped the clock. Then the Heyer penalty - a bunch of things wrong.

I think that's a qb play. Running backs are groomed to take that hit and finish that play. Qbs are drilled to avoid that hit and preserve themselves. I think years of that habit came into his head when he saw the Eagle's Db coming up on him and so he just skipped out of bounds. The first down was his goal and the play we had to have. It gave us the 2 minute warning plus and should have led to an easy punt pinning the eagles inside the 10. Who could have forseen that lousy a punt?

Archived