Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

7 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Blessing in disguise...for both John and the team.

Tank out, clean house and build a competitive organization with a healthy and highly motivated John Wall in 2021.

Make me proud, Ted!

Basically in two seasons Wall will try to come back. Dollars to Doughnuts says he'll have lost a ton of speed and that'll be it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Basically in two seasons Wall will try to come back. Dollars to Doughnuts says he'll have lost a ton of speed and that'll be it.

For the most part, he lost his speed several years back.  He can certainly return at 31 years old as a cerebral, tough, physical PG with superb passing skills and an improved, varied offensive game.

I understand your pessimism, but I choose to attempt to be optimistic right now.

5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

For the most part, he lost his speed several years back.  He can certainly return at 31 years old as a cerebral, tough, physical PG with superb passing skills and an improved, varied offensive game.

I understand your pessimism, but I choose to attempt to be optimistic right now.

Can he do it? Sure.

Do I think he will? Nope. I don't think he's a smart enough player. We'll see.

Edited by @SkinsGoldPants

20 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Hopefully this will convince Ted to at least trade away Beal, Ariza, Porter, and whoever you can get something for. Clean up that cap and load up on draft picks. (dream sequence.... then fire Ernie so somebody better can do the draft)

Hopefully this convinces Ted to sell the team to someone in Seattle and leave us alone.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

If it's any consolation, Boogie's performed better than I expected since coming back from his achilles.  His per 36/per 100 are basically in line with his career numbers.  Of course, he's on the Warriors , which surely helps. But my point is, he's not finished, which I was assuming he was.  He should be a good resource and inspiration for John.  

14 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Can he do it? Sure.

Do I think he will? Nope. I don't think he's a smart enough player. We'll see.

This is my line of thinking as well. He's not automatically going to be able to shoot when he comes back. What else can he do besides pass the ball now? He's not a threat and he's not worth a max contract. I already know he's going to come back completely out of shape. This is a complete disaster situation

6 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I love how they just casually slipped in that he got an infection from the previous surgery. Dr. Nick is the doctor of choice for DC area sports

Yeah, this can't be normal can it?  I've never heard of so many complications from surgeries happening to so many players in a span of a few months.

We're ****ed.  We were ****ed before this happened, but there was still a small chance of digging ourselves out with a Hail Mary like a Beal trade.  But now that Wall won't play for at least another year, we're done.  We can't trade for anyone that doesn't have a ton of team control left.

And no matter what, Wall's career will be significantly altered by this injury.

We no longer have any other option to improve except to tear our roster all of the way down and start over.  We're going to have to trade Beal and Porter for what we can, and Wall for cap relief after he recovers from his injury.  The next couple of years are going to be dark.

• Sad 2

45 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The report is he injured it slipping and falling at home but I think the real truth is he hurt it after getting drunk partying. If I'm the team I take a ruthless approach to try to void the contract even though it probably won't work.

Colin Cowherd has joined the forum!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, justice98 said:

We were doomed going forward before this happened though.  How much worse are we gonna be really?  Not very much.

Not worse at all.  The Wall/Beal/Porter thing was already completely dead.  This is an opportunity to clean the slate and make another run.  Agent Zero/Blatche redux.

I’ll probably enjoy rooting for some new guys sooner rather than later.