BRAVEONAWARPATH

The Official Washington Wizards Thread: The JOHN WALL ERA

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

You guys falling in love with Portis and Parker after two games....wait till the honeymoon period is over. 

 

No Spiff.  Honeymoon forever!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been enjoying watching these new guys play. Portis' been struggling lately but just needs to keep at it. He clearly got fouled at the end of the quarter there.

 

Tough tonight in Detroit with only Randle at PG though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

McCrae the purest scorer on the team?

If by pure you mean can’t do nothing else, then yes.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the Detroit bigs backing us down possession after possession, how ****ing disastrous does the Mahinmi contract look?  The dude could not get on the floor for one minute!  

 

I hate you EGGM!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rocky21 said:

With the Detroit bigs backing us down possession after possession, how ****ing disastrous does the Mahinmi contract look?  The dude could not get on the floor for one minute!  

 

I hate you EGGM!

 

 

Honestly, I doubt Dwight Howard (or Marcin Gortat, for that matter) could stop them either.  😐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ted's goalposts for the unkillable

 

Before season: 50 wins, absolutely no excuses

 

During season: well, injuries happened. just make the playoffs (not gonna happen)

 

Unspoken: just get under the damn tax 

 

 

He gonna live again, which means i will never be able to actually enjoy this team

Edited by StillUnknown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

at one point in the 3rd quarter of this game, the Wizards were beating Toronto by 12, they are now down 12 still in the 3rd quarter

Edited by StillUnknown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

We would have to force him at gunpoint to take 20 shots

 

4 straight years of improvement across the board, and 3 straight years at the tops of efficiency. And this year Scott gives us the iso-ball special, while playing Otto most of his minutes at the 4. ( and Jeff green to help out inside at the 5). This is not unexpected. 

 

We should have traded brad for a lottery pick if possible, kept Otto and Sato and tanked the year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

at one point in the 3rd quarter of this game, the Wizards were beating Toronto by 12, they are now down 12 still in the 3rd quarter

When you don’t play defense, expect wild swings on the scoreboard.  The wizards have no problem scoring but they’ve gotten worse defensively every year Brooks has been head coach.  I don’t even complain about it too much anymore because it’s just expected.  Watch the first 6 or 8 points the raptors scored tonight, that’s the wizards defense in a nutshell.  All dunks and layups because the wizards were sleeping or lost on defense. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Destino said:

All dunks and layups because the wizards were sleeping or lost on defense. 

 

This is why i've been slow to get hyped about Bryant. He has a long way to be competent on defense. He offers almost nothing in rim protection and he doesnt really seem to understand pick and roll defense. You see ariza talking to him often when things go bad. He's young, so there is hope for improvement, but the work needed is immense.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

 

This is why i've been slow to get hyped about Bryant. He has a long way to be competent on defense. He offers almost nothing in rim protection and he doesnt really seem to understand pick and roll defense. You see ariza talking to him often when things go bad. He's young, so there is hope for improvement, but the work needed is immense.

I agree Bryant’s defense has been bad, both on ball and help defense, but I’d like to see him with a better coaching staff.  The wizards have struggled with the team part of nba defense for years now.  Coaching is almost certainly part of the problem here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Porter is a good player, but we had to get rid of the contract. Simple as that.

 

Also in Chicago he is I'm assuming the go to scorer so he'll be able to take as many shots as he wants. He was too deferential here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Bradley Beal said he wants to retire with the Wizards.

    After it was announced that John Wall would be sidelined for 12 months, and the Wizards then traded away Otto Porter and Markieff Morris, there were rumors that Beal would also be put on the block. However, Beal would prefer to stay in D.C. "If I can retire in this jersey, I will. I’m all about loyalty," Beal said.

    SOURCE: The Athletic
    Feb 16, 2019, 12:38 PM
On 2/14/2019 at 1:22 PM, Warhead36 said:

 

 

Also in Chicago he is I'm assuming the go to scorer so he'll be able to take as many shots as he wants. He was too deferential here.

 

giphy.gif

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Schedule doesn't look too bad to end the season. They're three games back... They might be able to sneak in the playoffs.

 

But since this is a DC team we're talking about, some drama will probably go down and they'll end up with the fifteenth pick. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2019 at 1:22 PM, Warhead36 said:

 

Also in Chicago he is I'm assuming the go to scorer so he'll be able to take as many shots as he wants. He was too deferential here.

LaVine is their best scoring option.  Markkanen is pretty good too.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2019 at 1:22 PM, Warhead36 said:

Porter is a good player, but we had to get rid of the contract. Simple as that.

 

Also in Chicago he is I'm assuming the go to scorer so he'll be able to take as many shots as he wants. He was too deferential here.

 

The Wizards got hosed.  The GM is an absolute moron, the ownership sucks, and that was a god awful trade.  It's Rip Hamilton part deux and Chicago is a Ja Morant pick away from being significantly better than the Wizards in a year or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as still have Beal and Wall, everyone else in that organization can kick rocks on broken glass on the way out the door.  I'd rather a new regime have something to work with instead of starting from scratch, Id rather Ernie have something to work with if he gets another 9 lives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.