Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Wizards Thread: The BEAL & BRODIE ERA


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

 

 

^^^ How the Wizards stay an irrelevant, losing franchise. 

 

If you gonna tank, it has to happen all season......we're 22-33, wtf is the purpose of tanking now for? My general rule (with the Redskins also) if we can still make the playoffs, **** tanking. IDC if we're going to lose the first round, if we are still playing good enough to make the playoffs, then go all out for it. If we suck all season with no possible chance of making the playoffs, then tank. Tank HARD.....

 

We have #1 scorer in the league (Beal) and Westbrook AVERAGING a triple double. We have one of the top scoring 2nd teams (Bench) in the league. I say that to say, that like it or not, we are going to win games. If we are winning games, I want us to be competitive and win. I dont know about yall, but I watch EVERY game (dvr) every year, regardless of how we are playing. I sit through trash seasons all the time. If we are competitive and winning games, Im not trying to watch us go through the misery of a losing season just for the hell of it, banking on a draft pick. **** that. 

 

If the NBA draft was set up like the NFL where the losses determine your position, thats one thing. But I dont trust that "random selection" BS....Knicks did that **** the other year trying to get Zion. Was horrible all year,  worst team in the league, lost the most games and still ended up with the #3 pick. Yall want to go through a whole season being trash just to end up with Jan Vesely, Troy Brown Jr, or Hachimura........FOH

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

 

If you gonna tank, it has to happen all season......we're 22-33, wtf is the purpose of tanking now for? My general rule (with the Redskins also) if we can still make the playoffs, **** tanking. IDC if we're going to lose the first round, if we are still playing good enough to make the playoffs, then go all out for it. If we suck all season with no possible chance of making the playoffs, then tank. Tank HARD.....

 

We have #1 scorer in the league (Beal) and Westbrook AVERAGING a triple double. We have one of the top scoring 2nd teams (Bench) in the league. I say that to say, that like it or not, we are going to win games. If we are winning games, I want us to be competitive and win. I dont know about yall, but I watch EVERY game (dvr) every year, regardless of how we are playing. I sit through trash seasons all the time. If we are competitive and winning games, Im not trying to watch us go through the misery of a losing season just for the hell of it, banking on a draft pick. **** that. 

 

If the NBA draft was set up like the NFL where the losses determine your position, thats one thing. But I dont trust that "random selection" BS....Knicks did that **** the other year trying to get Zion. Was horrible all year,  worst team in the league, lost the most games and still ended up with the #3 pick. Yall want to go through a whole season being trash just to end up with Jan Vesely, Troy Brown Jr, or Hachimura........FOH

 

 

 

Actually most people want the organization to do things right. To have a good coach and smart GM running things. I also think most people don't want to give up on guys in their 2nd year in the league when the organization has been a dumpster fire. I don't want years of tanking but once you are out of it and you are in salary cap hell, make some changes to make progress. 

I'm tired of cheering for terrible organizations. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I see that Gafford is filling the statline.  What about Chandler Hutchison?  Looks like he had a good debut (18 pts) but minimal stats since.  

 

Maybe it was too early to give up on Troy Brown Jr, but he wasn't lighting things up either.  Although Garrison Mathews doesn't seem to be lighting it up either. 

 

Between Rui, Beal and Westbrook you would think a good SF option could get a ton of points for this team... Bertrans is supposed to be getting those easy, open, buckets. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@LetMeSeeYourWarFace21I'm not seeing how Rui is considered trash? He's grown a lot from his rookie season and I wasn't high on him being drafted since I felt he was a gimmick pick to bring in Japanese money, but he's been a solid 3rd option.

 

Who should we have taken instead? Herro? The 2019 draft looks like trash in retrospect.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fergasun said:

I see that Gafford is filling the statline.  What about Chandler Hutchison?  Looks like he had a good debut (18 pts) but minimal stats since.  

 

Maybe it was too early to give up on Troy Brown Jr, but he wasn't lighting things up either.  Although Garrison Mathews doesn't seem to be lighting it up either. 

 

Between Rui, Beal and Westbrook you would think a good SF option could get a ton of points for this team... Bertrans is supposed to be getting those easy, open, buckets. 

 

Hutchison had the good debut and has been trash since.  And Gafford alone in that trade was more than worth the value of Troy Brown Jr. I like TBJ, but he wasnt getting the minutes. Gafford has been a BALLER since his debut. EVERY game he's played, he's made his presence known. We now have a player in Gafford who is a LEGIT rim protector, and also a player who can catch alley oops from anywhere. He's a dunker, and his high energy dunks get our team fired up every time. VERY much needed on this team. He provides energy all over the court. IMO, once he fully heals from that injury, he needs to be named the starter. 

 

 

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

@LetMeSeeYourWarFace21I'm not seeing how Rui is considered trash? He's grown a lot from his rookie season and I wasn't high on him being drafted since I felt he was a gimmick pick to bring in Japanese money, but he's been a solid 3rd option.

 

Who should we have taken instead? Herro? The 2019 draft looks like trash in retrospect.

 

 

Rui has his moments, but he plays with no heart, no intensity. He has a great mid range shot, but he just plays too soft. He'll show you a game with heart, then the next 6-7 he's timid. It shows up in his offense and defense. He needs some Rasheed Wallace in him....needs to go play some street ball, get some attitude. He has all the tools, but that fire is missing. I feel like the coach needs to bench his ass, to put a fire under him.

 

Last night against the Pelicans, he played 42 mins, had 6 points, 3 rebs, & 3 assist. Was 3-13 FG, 0-5 3pt. 

 

Sigh.....not given up on him yet, too early, but he's frustrating, because of his inconsistency. We shouldve taken Herro or Brandon Clark. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, actually found some defense. 

 

Doubling Steph, but immediately rotating when he makes a move.

 

Listening to the Warriors feed and their commentators are going nuts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, they actually blew it at the end, but ended up winning. Beal/Russell turned it up in the final possessions. 

 

Westbrook finished with 20 rebounds. Damn. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hersh said:

That really sucks cause he needs a full off-season and training camp with the new coach. 

You're assuming they fire brooks 

 

They keep winning which makes his tenure more likely to extend 

 

 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

 

So glad we aren't tanking.  Now how to get to a game...

Those season ticket holders pretty lucky. 

 

They were being sold by scalpers for like 230 lol. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

You're assuming they fire brooks 

 

They keep winning which makes his tenure more likely to extend 

 

 

 

So ****ed up to even bring up that possibility. 

 

I feel better about Brooks not being extended than I do about Shep. Leonsis, while a horrible owner of the Wiz (and this is true of the Caps too) has never had a problem changing coaches. I'm holding out the slightest sliver of hope that his plan this entire time was to promote Shep knowing he'd keep Brooks but that after two years they'd all be gone. Then he'd hire a new GM, who would definitely want his own coach. 

 

My guess is that Shep is back and Brooks is gone. If Brooks is back, I'm out as a fan. I just won't pay attention and watch anymore games. If only Shep is back, it will depend on the direction the Wiz take with players in the offseason to see if I want to stick around. I've just gotten to the point with the teams of my youth that I'm not gonna spend time watching them roll out a ****ty product year after year. I have better things to do in life. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...