Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Hopefully the guy will be a solid rotation piece but it's funny watching Wizards fans get excited about a good game against the 2nd worst team in the league. And really, they probably have the worst roster in the league. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

The curse is real. 

That aside, I'm all in on trading Beal for as many assets/young players as possible, trading Bertans for nothing, and letting Russ run with a bunch of young players for the next two season. 

• Like 1

Nah, too many pieces can not work as well, ask Boston.

They need another piece to go with Beal and Russ, I'm really high on Rui right now, but I don't know if he's ready for that role yet.  His midrange game is legit.

Edited by Renegade7

28 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Nah, too many pieces can not work as well, ask Boston.

They need another piece to go with Beal and Russ, I'm really high on Rui right now, but I don't know if he's ready for that role yet.  His midrange game is legit.

Ask Boston what it's been like being the 4 seed, 2 seed, 3 seed and 1 seed in the Eastern Conference the last four playoffs? They have come up short in the playoffs but would any Wiz fan not take that? 

Plus no such thing as too many pieces.  Not all the pieces are going to work out. Plus, you keep flipping assets for futures assets and spread out the extra picks. 

Stephen A Smith is rambling about how Westbrook's numbers aren't that impressive.

That's what I've been saying all along.

Nobody cares if you broke the Wizards record for triple doubles. Did you win or not?

Oh look, Russ had another triple double again last night! That's great! Did they win?

No, you say they didn't win? You say Charlotte blew them out and the Wizards didn't play defense like always? But Russel's stats, man!!!

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2021/03/russell-westbrook-stephen-a-smith-first-take

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Triple Doubles are highly overrated.  Never more so than when Russ gets them by poaching 5-7 missed FT rebounds a game from his big men.

True but Russ is an elite rebounder for a guard. High points the ball like an NFL receiver. And is tenacious in his effort going for rebounds. I used to knock him for it too but watching every game gives a new perspective.

And can SAS just **** off already. He's a part of the reason ESPN became unwatchable. About as bad as the celeb gossip E! Channel show hosts.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2021 at 10:40 PM, Hersh said:

Ask Boston what it's been like being the 4 seed, 2 seed, 3 seed and 1 seed in the Eastern Conference the last four playoffs? They have come up short in the playoffs but would any Wiz fan not take that? 

Plus no such thing as too many pieces.  Not all the pieces are going to work out. Plus, you keep flipping assets for futures assets and spread out the extra picks. 

And no rings, always complaining about a problem everyone wishes they had but can't find their way out of.  It's pretty to look until you realized they are maxed out ceiling wise until they snap out of it, which they probably won't before losing some of that talent.

I'd like to see everyone healthy with a better coach.  I do not trust Shep with a rebuild yet.

35 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

True but Russ is an elite rebounder for a guard. High points the ball like an NFL receiver. And is tenacious in his effort going for rebounds. I used to knock him for it too but watching every game gives a new perspective.

And can SAS just **** off already. He's a part of the reason ESPN became unwatchable. About as bad as the celeb gossip E! Channel show hosts.

I did believe OKC was letting him get the rebounds, but watching him here its like you can't stop him.

20 assists in one game.  20 rebounds in another.  BS that's not impressive.