Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

59 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Playing up/down to the level of their opponent is the most SoWizards thing ever.

If they only played West contenders, they'd be in first place. 

What happened to by homie Bertans? only played 3 minutes. 

13 minutes ago, Destino said:

Wizards make no sense.  They play better against the top teams in the west, than anyone else.  

I think some top teams let their guard down cause they think "It's just the Wizards and their organization is trash." 

• Haha 1

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/03/southeast-notes-beal-okpala-hornets-fournier.html?fv-home=true&post-id=216116

Wizards All-Star Bradley Beal mentioned that team GM Tommy Sheppard presents potential club transactions to him ahead of time, Chase Hughes of NBC Sports Washington tweets. At 15-26, the Wizards are currently 3.5 games behind the tenth-seeded Pacers for a play-in berth. Washington may have to determine whether to be in buyer or seller mode as the trade deadline looms this week.

“Whenever he brings something to the table, he always asks me or incorporates me, so I appreciate that,” Beal said of Sheppard.

Sheppard is a terrible GM. Beal hasn’t done anything, like winning, that warrants running trades by him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hersh said:

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/03/southeast-notes-beal-okpala-hornets-fournier.html?fv-home=true&post-id=216116

Sheppard is a terrible GM. Beal hasn’t done anything, like winning, that warrants running trades by him. 

That's been my gripe all along when it comes to Bradley.

Edit: To defend Tommy a bit, I suspect Ted plays a strong part in this as well.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

8 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

That's been my gripe all along when it comes to Bradley.

Edit: To defend Tommy a bit, I suspect Ted plays a strong part in this as well.

I don't have a huge issue with a GM getting thoughts occasionally from a guy like Beal on other players in the league. That can be a plus. Just don't run all the trades by him. My issues with the organization go beyond this smaller part. 

2 hours ago, Destino said:

The biggest mistake Sheppard has made is keeping Brooks and this worthless coaching staff.  

I think this speaks to a lack of a comprehensive plan to build the organization. From the Wall trade to keeping Brooks to roster that has obvious holes, there seems to be no plan/direction. The Wiz desperately need a GM from outside the organization with no ties to any players and with freedom to replace the coaching staff and build a different/winning culture there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

I think this speaks to a lack of a comprehensive plan to build the organization. From the Wall trade to keeping Brooks to roster that has obvious holes, there seems to be no plan/direction. The Wiz desperately need a GM from outside the organization with no ties to any players and with freedom to replace the coaching staff and build a different/winning culture there. 

Might be that the GMs hands are tied.  I find it hard to believe that a basketball executive wouldn’t realize Brooks is an empty suit.  So maybe Ted doesn’t want the coach fired.  Maybe Westbrook and Beal want him here?  Who knows?

then again maybe Shep might just be an awful GM.  He learned at the feet of one of the very worst, after all.  

29 minutes ago, Destino said:

Might be that the GMs hands are tied.  I find it hard to believe that a basketball executive wouldn’t realize Brooks is an empty suit.  So maybe Ted doesn’t want the coach fired.  Maybe Westbrook and Beal want him here?  Who knows?

then again maybe Shep might just be an awful GM.  He learned at the feet of one of the very worst, after all.  

I'm just tired of all the bad moves over the last 5 years in particular that were easily avoidable. Not that I expect perfection, but I expect competence. 

• Like 1