Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I’m not doing the research but when Beal and Westbrook take 60+ percent of the shots, I bet their record sucks. Hell, I bet when it’s more than 50 percent it’s not good. Got to get other guys involved. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

20 points total by guys not named Beal, Westbrook, or Bertans.  That’s really bad.

Wizards, the team I mean, looked awful offensively tonight.  Individual performances hid the fact on the scoreboard, but it was plain to see for anyone paying attention.  Celtics should have won this game easily, but it looks like that team has problems of their own.

• Like 1

They are a better team than they were earlier in the season. They still struggle on D and rebounding, but they are entertaining.

Beal was on fire in the 4th. I may date myself, but even his last shot that almost went in had no business even being close. It was like an old Nintendo basketball game where you could take "heat test" shots when you were just "on fire." Heck, if I didnt think he was going to make it.

Another L.

That tough loss against Boston is gonna hurt. With LAC next, looks like 3 straight losses before the all Star break.

Speaking of Boston, Robert Williams starting to turn into a athletic finisher/rim protecting big that this team has never had. While Troy Brown, who I believe Ernie picked his last year here ahead of Williams, continues to ride the bench. And only sees the floor in garbage time or because of an injury.

Edited by CRobi21
  • Sad 1

Wizards were awful tonight.  I’ll keep saying it, Brooks offense is a joke.  Guards dribble everyone else tries to stay out of their way.  No creativity other than individual creativity.

Rui’s  numbers are about the same as last year but his offense has regressed.  His usage is down and what he attempts to do is more limited.  He barely dribbles at all anymore and almost never attempts to get his own shot.  They’re not even using him in the pick n roll.  Is this what they call development?  It’s like they’ve told him to stop trying to be any good and accept mediocrity.  

On the bright side his defense has been better lately.  

They should be tanking to make sure they get a top five pick.  Why aren't they?  That draft pick is their only ticket out of this circle of Hell and this draft is useless after the top five.  The moral victories on that road trip accomplished nothing except help to make sure they will never win anything with Beal.

They should be starting over next season with a new coach and something like Suggs/Cunningham and Mobley/Kuminga.  Instead we're not going to get any of that.

• Thanks 2

The Wizards recent strong play has prob taken them out of contention for Cunningham

Sad

Now they will be stuck with a middling pick and stuck in mediocrity

Not good enough to make the playoffs but not bad enough for top 5