Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Too much softness on this squad...... Just about through with Hachimura, dude plays with no heart.........Put Mathews, Wagner, or Neto's heart in his body, and he's a beast......  

No more using high picks on players like Hachimura, big for nothin, play with no passion or intensity. BIG fan of Avdija, but this applies to him to an extent also.....but he's still a rookie, and he does play hard and puts in effort......Iono, we need more Rasheed Wallace's & Ron Artest on this team....

When's the last time we hit on a draft pick?  Aside from Wall and Beal.  Has Troy Brown shown anything?  I've seen him play several times and he doesn't seem to do anything well.  Maybe shoot the three, maybe.  For the 15th overall pick I would expect more.  He  is only 21 so maybe there is potential for growth.

IDK but tanking for Suggs or Cunningham would have been fine with me. Like have you seen them this year in college basketball? They would make the Wizards better.

Why try to win games now, and end up as the 10th or 11th seed? This team isn't making the playoffs and even if they did they would be quickly eliminated by Brooklyn. (Well, maybe it might be close given the outcome of last game lol)

20 hours ago, abdcskins said:

When's the last time we hit on a draft pick?  Aside from Wall and Beal.  Has Troy Brown shown anything?  I've seen him play several times and he doesn't seem to do anything well.  Maybe shoot the three, maybe.  For the 15th overall pick I would expect more.  He  is only 21 so maybe there is potential for growth.

The guys at RealGM have the biggest hard-ons for Troy Brown

2 hours ago, Mooka said:

Beal out with knee soreness.

He hasn't looked right since the break and that's probably why. 

Hachimura starting off hot. 

There is no way the Wiz don’t **** up handling Beal. 

• Sad 1

On 3/13/2021 at 11:19 AM, ixcuincle said:

IDK but tanking for Suggs or Cunningham would have been fine with me. Like have you seen them this year in college basketball? They would make the Wizards better.

Why try to win games now, and end up as the 10th or 11th seed? This team isn't making the playoffs and even if they did they would be quickly eliminated by Brooklyn. (Well, maybe it might be close given the outcome of last game lol)

I watch a good bit of college ball, and my wife is an Ok St. grad, so I’ve seen tons of Cunningham. I like both players, and Cade is a big time scorer, but both players are not elite level athletes. I think both will be good NBA players, not sure they’ll be “superstars.”

Wizards big need, imo, is a solid two-way big. If they get an early pick, I think they’ve got to go Mobley. Wiz could also use some backcourt help, preferably in the form of a combo guard who can score.

Love to see them be able to parlay their one pick into an Illinois double, and snag Dosunmu, and ****burn. Caveat is that Brooks doesn’t develop talent worth a crap, so...

34 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

😂

This dudes article  today on the Wiz is both dreadful writing but also a good summation of the total lack of a plan the Wizards have these days. This organization is a trainwreck. 

This year, as they approach the March 25 trade deadline, the Wizards want to make up some ground to reach the playoffs but also not mortgage their future in any significant way. As general manager Tommy Sheppard has said publicly, he does not plan to take any shortcuts.

So, the expectation should be that they will do something, but likely nothing major. And according to a person familiar with their plans, defense will be of the utmost concern.

That could be seen in several different ways. Either they could add defense, or choose not to address another area in a trade that could cut into their defensive potential.

• Haha 1