Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

19 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I don’t get to watch too many games, but this announcing crew is really not good.  Gooden seems like a good guy, but their announcing is a bit cringeworthy.  The PBP guy is tough to listen to.

They’re awful.  Can’t believe we went from Buck and Phil to this nonsense.

6 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Cousins is getting released.  Just saying.

I feel bad for Wall.  Went from playing with James Harden on a possible contender... to hey at least he’s finally getting to play with Cousins.... to tanking in the west.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Hersh said:

His game tonight is why I hate his contract. Have the unbelievable game last game and just garbage this game. 

Best thing i liked about Bertans was that he had high trade value to a contender and instead of moving him we paid him instead.

Is what it is though. Shooters gotta keep shooting. He was scoreless in the first but hit a big one when it counted.

4 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Best thing i liked about Bertans was that he had high trade value to a contender and instead of moving him we paid him instead.

Is what it is though. Shooters gotta keep shooting. He was scoreless in the first but hit a big one when it counted.

thats how you never build a contender. Paying big money to a one trick pony who is super inconsistent. Even after having two games in which he was 14-17 from three, he’s still only shooting 37 percent.  

Don't yall get tired of being angry when we win, too?

NBA is a league that decides its champion typically before the season starts.  Being miserable every year we arent one of those 2-3 teams gets exhausting, im jus starting to like these guys again after getting over the Wall trade.

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Don't yall get tired of being angry when we win, too?

NBA is a league that decides its champion typically before the season starts.  Being miserable every year we arent one of those 2-3 teams gets exhausting, im jus starting to like these guys again after getting over the Wall trade.

for me, it’s not about being angry. It’s about wanting to see a quality organization that has winning seasons. As I get older, I have no interest in spending time watching a bad product not an organization that settles for mediocrity. Worst case scenario for this organization is that the GM and Coach get extension. 

Look at an organization like Utah. They may not have a title but they have had a lot of success for a long time. They have excellent coaches and it’s a stable organization. Why can’t the Wiz be that way to some degree? Particularly in the East when it’s been the lesser of the conferences depth wise for a bit.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

How are there so many 17 loss teams in the league right now?  We're a small extension of this streak away from dropping from top three to the back of the lottery.

The opposite of the bubble, which made players over perform.  Now they’re finding it hard to get into a routine with so many Covid disruptions.  Games postponed, practices canceled, teammates in and out of lineups.  This isn’t an environment that makes basketball better.  

46 minutes ago, Hersh said:

for me, it’s not about being angry. It’s about wanting to see a quality organization that has winning seasons. As I get older, I have no interest in spending time watching a bad product not an organization that settles for mediocrity. Worst case scenario for this organization is that the GM and Coach get extension. 

I dont like when they arent even trying.  My wife is getting into them and likes yelling, too.

46 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Look at an organization like Utah. They may not have a title but they have had a lot of success for a long time. They have excellent coaches and it’s a stable organization. Why can’t the Wiz be that way to some degree? Particularly in the East when it’s been the lesser of the conferences depth wise for a bit.

I have a huge problem with during pandemic NBC Sports Washington chose to play video games instead the championship runs in the 70s.  I know next to nothing about them, we had that.  I agree its not that way now, now do I understand not being a consistent playoff team in the East.  But we had that, too.

Getting rings feels unrealistic for most of the NBA every year.  Every year its boss level music at the mountain top anyway waiting for us when we get there.

Its why I forgave the trade for Westbrook, the only way to get stars here is trade for them.  Keep swinging. 

• Like 1

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

Westbrook out here blowing layups left and right.

Could've cut it to 8.

Now its 15.

Side note but the refs are calling lots of moving screens and hand checks on the Wizards. Bertans even got an offensive leg kick foul on his shot.