Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

4 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Deni is useless on offense. He just stands there. No cuts. Not a threat to hit 3's either. Total blackhole.

He's better when he's put in a point forward position on pick and rolls....but nope, we don't do that.

You can't say he doesn't play hard or hustle though. 

Just now, Mooka said:

You can't say he doesn't play hard or hustle though. 

He does, but I've noticed he also checks out mentally sometimes and I think that's because he goes for stretches on offense without touching the ball. I can remember the last game, there was a possession where they basically played keep away from him on offense.

I'd try giving him the ball and let Westbrook or Beal set a screen for him and see what happens off that. He either gets a clean lane to the hoop with both defenders trying to cover the pass or Beal/Westbrook get a nice look

I'm tuned in on Streameast.  Wall looks healthy, seems to have recovered from that Achilles injury exceptionally well.  Still has great vision.  Has very little help around him, Rockets are super sloppy with the ball.  Makes you wish we could have done more with him and Beal together.  Beal having a great game again as usual. 

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Is 18 points in a quarter good?

Not good enough

58 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Nwaba is a DAWG. Just doesn't stop working

And is a UFA after this season..🧐🧐

The Wiz have no cap space and a ****ty front office so..

All this negative commentary. Y'all gotta understand that this team will go as far as Bertans takes them. 

Unlike last game Wizards were healthy this time, but sadly Rockets were not.  I’d like to see both teams go at it at full strength.  Wouldn’t mean anything, or change anything, but I’d like to watch it.

Brody needs to give his shots to someone else if he can’t figure things out.  He can’t be taking 20 shots a night and scoring less than 20 points. 

Edited by Destino
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Destino said:

Unlike last time Wizards were healthy this time, but sadly Rockets were not.  I’d like to see both times at full strength.  

Brody needs to give his shots to someone else if he can’t figure things out.  He can’t be taking 20 shots a night and scoring less than 20 points.  

Honestly, he reminds me of Allen Iverson towards the end.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Honestly, he reminds me of Allen Iverson towards the end.

Thing is, Westbrook doesn’t need to take 20 shots to be good.  He rebounds and passes well.  All he’d need to do is pick his spots and hunt for contact more and his efficiency would improve.  But that’s not who he is.  We’re just going to need to hope he’s not healthy, because if this is the guy he is now...the future is dark.  

I still say the team is under performing badly.  Wizards would probably be much better with a real coach.  Especially a coach that believes in motion.  Wizards have a ton of guys that can shoot pass and dribble.  This offense wastes them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Actually playing some basketball.     (on both sides of the court) 

Good game all of a sudden. 

Took a while but finally found the guy to defend Jokic. Lopez has to play whenever he's in the rest of the night.

Wow Bertans found his stroke! This is the guy that earned that huge deal.

3 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Took a while but finally found the guy to defend Jokic. Lopez has to play whenever he's in the rest of the night.

Wow Bertans found his stroke! This is the guy that earned that huge deal.

Bertans will never earn that deal. Massive overpay for a player that does one thing. Games like this don’t cover for 23 games of **** shooting.

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Bertans will never earn that deal. Massive overpay for a player that does one thing. Games like this don’t cover for 23 games of **** shooting.

The guy sat out a year. Then got Covid and had to sit out another extended period of time. He didn't all of a sudden turn into a bad shooter. He's just now getting his legs and rhythm back

• Thanks 1